The work of patience…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:4 (NKJV)
But let patience have [its] perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The work of patience, it can be a painful and grueling experience, for in this patience before God does one’s own will die… For this is the place of waiting before God, a place full of hopes, joys, doubts, fears, questionings, the place that reasonings and scenarios are played out in the mind… All things revealing where one’s desires and care’s of the heart are, they are revealed in this work of patience before God… For this is the place that one’s faith grows, where it is stressed and stretched, made to stand on its own, just faith and God alone together…. For letting this work of patience have its way does solidify and establish one’s faith, it builds a foundation of relationship with God that nothing can shake or move… This work of patience builds what scripture says ‘the gates of hell will not prevail’ against….

This work of patience does not happen overnight, it is a long drawn out battle, but it has a sure work, a sure outcome, i.e., the building of one’s trust and faith in God…. The faith that says, ‘not I but Christ’, the faith that says, ‘I have died and my life is hid with Christ in God’, the faith that says, ‘it is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me’… This is the faith that trusts itself up to God, this is the work that patience does work… This is the foundation that lacks nothing, a perfect foundation that can not be moved, that is, the foundation of a dead man in Christ…

The faith that says it must be made a new creation, the faith that knows it has no hope except to be made anew… This is the work of patience to grow this faith, the faith that sees what it was, and what God has promised to make it into, that being, a perfect child of His lacking nothing…

Be blessed in letting patience have its perfect work and the fruit of Him, that the work of patience grows….

In the Beloved, Not me

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano