The Wrath of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading in the Bible today that God never lost His temper, but even though it was justified that isn't true when you look back in the Old Testament. Again, I repeat it was justified and I don't believe that brought Him any joy. If it did, He wouldn't have sent Jesus into the world to save us.

Reactions: Nancy

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure we have a full understanding of the word "wrath of God". When I think of wrath I think f something spur of the moment, emotional and rash. It is hard to surprise God, since He knows everything.

Rather I think of his wrath as banked fire, saved for the day of reckoning

His wrath is still reserved for those who reject Jesus
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading in the Bible today that God never lost His temper, but even though it was justified that isn't true when you look back in the Old Testament. Again, I repeat it was justified and I don't believe that brought Him any joy. If it did, He wouldn't have sent Jesus into the world to save us.

Hi April, Yes indeed, His grace will end and has before. Look at the flood...

In Amos He no longer will spare the Jewish people.

Amos 7:7,8
[7] This is what he showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in his hand. [8] And the LORD asked me, “What do you see, Amos?” “A plumb line,” I replied. Then the Lord said, “Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.

Also, the fig tree that did not bear fruit...Jesus cut down...just an analogy.

He gets angry for sure!

Isaiah 10:5b
"...the staff in their hands is my fury!"

He's angry at the wicked all the time!

Psalm 7:11
"God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day."

God can be angry and in control at the same time as, He is just and righteous. His wrath is just and He is sooooooo longsuffering but...not forever.
:)

Reactions: April_Rose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What passage were you reading in, may I ask?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't find that in the Bible.

That's how it was worded in my Message Bible though. I believe it was somewhere in Micah but now I can't find it and I have to go out to get my haircut soon. :/