The Wrath of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
Stan, unless you can prove anything that I have said to be untrue, then you are just making false accusations.
This means something proven wrong, not just because you disagree with what I post. It is people who wish to be raptured, who read into and infer their false beliefs from scriptures.
Have already done that as have others and you won't listen. I never WISHED to be raptured, and as a matter of FACT, I was scared spitless when I first encountered the teaching. Thankfully I had a good teacher who walked us all through it.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Waiting for anyone to post something that I said that you can prove to be untrue.

I do not make myself out to be a teacher, what I post is what the prophets told us plus scientific and historical facts.
We have but one Teacher; that is Jesus Christ. Matthew 23:10

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Waiting for anyone to post something that I said that you can prove to be untrue.
rabbi keras says a coronal mass ejection will fry the earth on the Day of the Lord based on Isaiah 30:26.

Isaiah 30:26 says the sun will shine seven times brighter on the Day when God heals those He has bruised.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Couldn't help yourself, could you Marcus?

You are a false accuser. I never said this forthcoming CME would 'fry the earth".
What I have said, is that the Lord's Day of wrath will be a CME of unprecedented magnitude and it will literally fulfil all the prophesies about that Day. The prophesies, obviously unread or totally misunderstood by Marcus, say the entire ME region will be burnt and devastated. The rest of the world will be badly affected, loss of most of our modern infrastructure, but will recover quickly.
The prophesies also say that the Day the Lord takes action, will be the Day He saves and protects His people. Zephaniah 2:3, 2 Peter 2:9

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False accuser? Ha! rabbi keras, the false teacher, says Isaiah 30:26 will be a coronal mass ejection... on the day the Lord heals?

NO! Isaiah 30:26 is not about wrath - it is about reunification, compassion, and love.

Only a false teacher like rabbi keras could misconstrue Isaiah 30:26 to be on the Day of the Lord. Why?

Because it mentions the sun shining brightly - that's it.

And let's look at his poor defense; he never said a coronal mass ejection would "fry" the earth.

No - he said an entire region would be burnt and devastated. In other words: fried. We see someone trying to wiggle out by words, when he can't read the very words of Isaiah 30:26 which precludes him using this day for his "the sky is falling" prophecy (because he thinks he a messenger).

On the Day of the Lord, a third of the earth will be burnt up with the first Trumpet (my interpretation) and Peter said the elements will melt. Now a coronal mass ejection isn't going to do that, and Isaiah 30:26 certainly doesn't indicate, as our false teacher - rabbi keras says, a coronal mass ejection is even called for at all.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Its time to understand the real truth of what is soon to happen:

The suns surface regularly shows disturbances, we call sunspots. They often explode out superheated hydrogen plasma but our planets magnetosphere mostly deflects small Coronal Mass Ejections, they just cause some radio interference and the auroras, if earth directed.
However, the fire judgement, so comprehensively prophesied throughout the Bible, will be a massive CME – Isaiah 30:26…the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength, like seven days in one..…‘ Isaiah 47:14…Not a fire to warm yourself by’.
The world is now the same ‘as in the days of Noah’ Matthew 24:37-39 and the Lord has promised to never again flood the earth, so this time He will use a CME sunstrike to literally fulfill all those prophecies that graphically describe how He will judge the nations and His enemies will be destroyed.

Here is a sequence of how this CME is prophesied to affect the earth:
1/ At the exact moment Iran commences their attack on Israel, a massive CME, directed toward earth, will burst out from the sun. Isaiah 66:15-16, Jeremiah 49:35
2/ In 8 minutes the entire spectrum of light to microwaves arrives at noon day Middle Eastern time. Zephaniah 2:4. The electromagnetic and microwave effects penetrate to deep underground and will cause all military ordnance and missiles to explode, destroying any electronic systems. Deuteronomy 32:22, Psalm 7:12-16
3/ The microwaves will make the earth’s crust heat up, causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Isaiah 13:13, Jeremiah 4:23-24, Psalm 144:5-6
4/ The electrical grid in all the earth’s area facing the sun will become supercharged and be burned out. No electricity supply, no communications, most transport disabled.
5/ The moon burns fiery red, as the main mass of superheated hydrogen plasma reacts with the lunar regolith [moon dust] and the sun is darkened by this approaching CME. Revelation 6:12, Joel 2:31
6/ In the period between the initial flash and the hit by this mass, the world will be alerted to the coming disaster and panic and terror will set in. Ezekiel 7:7 ‘A day of panic will burst upon you dwellers in the Land’. Jeremiah 6:24-26, Jeremiah 30:6-7, Ezekiel 7:17, Ezekiel 21:5-7
7/ This mass will travel at a speed of 3.5 million miles per hour, so it will hit the same area of the earth 24 hours after ejection. It penetrates our magnetosphere as described in Revelation 6:14 and Isaiah 34:4, ‘as the heavens rolled up like a scroll’. In the Carrington Event of the 1st September 1859, it was estimated that 10 billion tons of plasma was ejected, travelling at 5 million mph. This one will be bigger and will have a much more dramatic effect on our greater population and modern infrastructure.
8/ The tremendous pressure wave of this mass will push all the orbiting satellites to crash to the ground. There may also be a meteorite shower to fulfill Rev.6:13, Isaiah 34:4 and as the earth travels at 66,000 mph on its orbital track around the sun, we will quickly move to the edge of the CME. This hit onto earth’s trailing edge will have the effect of speeding up our orbit, Isaiah 13:13 ‘the earth will be moved out of her place’. Then the prophesied times of a 360 day year, as given to us in Daniel and Revelation, will become a reality.
9/ Al of the area of Land that was given to Abraham, so long ago, will be cleared and cleansed of all living things. Isaiah 9:19, Jeremiah 4:26, Ezekiel 15:8, Zephaniah 1:18.The terrible destruction of Damascus – Isaiah 17:1, Amman – Amos 1:14, Egypt- Ezekiel 30:1-5 and Judah [the State of Israel] Amos 2:4-5, will happen, all excepting for a righteous remnant in Jerusalem. Isaiah 31:5
10/ Isaiah 24:19-20 ‘The window of the sky above is opened and the earth’s foundations shake, it is convulsed and reels wildly, lurching like a drunkard’. So the rest of the world will experience extreme heat, severe earthquakes, powerful wind storms and one of the most devastating effects will be tsunamis. Imagine the world’s oceans and lakes sloshing around as the earth shudders and shakes! Jeremiah 51:42 & 55 ‘The sea has surged over Babylon, she is covered by its roaring waves’. Babylon is a metaphor for all the ungodly nations, obviously because the original Babylon is nowhere near the sea. There will be extensive forest fires and most buildings may burn from their electrical systems overload, due to the massive voltage surge. Isaiah 29:6, Joel 1:19
11/ Isaiah 17:4 ‘ On that Day, Jacob’s glory will wane and his prosperity will vanish’. Jacob [Israel], the twelve tribes of Israel – now divided into the House of Judah and the House of Israel. Judah, [the Jewish peoples] currently in part of the holy Land face ‘the third swing of the sword ’ Ezekiel 21:14. But the House of Israel, now the Western nations, will lose their strength and prosperity. Genesis 49:25, Isaiah 28:1-2
12/ It is probable that for a considerable period the ash clouds from all the fires and volcanic eruptions will cause darkness and low temperatures. This has happened in the past, the explosion of Krakatau in Indonesia, resulted in Europe having no summer that year. Amos 5:20, Ezekiel 32:7-8, Jeremiah 4:23
13/ There will be a terrible death toll worldwide. Isaiah 13:12, Jeremiah 25:33 But this event will be survivable, we must keep under cover, Isaiah 26:20-21, Jeremiah 6:25 and the CME soon passes, on its way to outer space.
14/ This tremendous ‘Reset of Civilization’, will be the catalyst for the establishment of the One World Government. It takes a disaster of worldwide proportions to make the nations give up their sovereignty. Life will be very difficult without the modern amenities that we are used to. Because the enemies of the Lord; the ungodly people will be killed, Isaiah 13:9, Isaiah 66:16-17, Romans 1:18, countries like the USA and New Zealand should not experience violence and terror and the survivors will soon organize food supplies, etc.
15/ Then the great promises of the Lord, of the re-gathering and resettling of His Righteous people back into the holy Land will take place. Isaiah 60:8-9 The new country of Beulah, in all of the area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Isaiah 62:4-5, Ezekiel 36:8, Hosea 14:4-7

Joel 2:23-27 People of Zion, rejoice! The Lord will recompense you for the years of your exile. Praise the Lord for He has done wonderful things for you! You will know the Lord is present in the Land and that he and no other is your God.
present in the Land’, not a physical presence, as yet, the same as with ancient Israel.
The people of Beulah will select their own leaders. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11

There are great promises of prosperity in the Land for those who love the Lord and keep His commandments. They will live in peace and security, fulfilling their destiny of being the Lord’s witnesses, Isaiah 43:10 and a ‘light to the nations’, preparing the world for the Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:

I do not make myself out to be a teacher, what I post is what the prophets told us plus scientific and historical facts.
We have but one Teacher; that is Jesus Christ. Matthew 23:10
This is blatantly NOT true keras, just another attempt by you to wiggle out of your attempts that HAVE been refuted.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Its time to understand the real truth of what is soon to happen:

The fire judgement, so comprehensively prophesied throughout the Bible, will be a massive CME – Isaiah 30:26…the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength, like seven days in one..…‘ so this time He will use a CME sunstrike to literally fulfill all those prophecies that graphically describe how He will judge the nations and His enemies will be destroyed.
There is no truth to rabbi keras' wild speculation that on the day that God heals those whom He has inflicted through His Wrath that the sun will literally explode so as to burn the earth - based on Isaiah 30:26.

This has been so thoroughly debunked, that any credible source would quickly correct themselves and humbly apologize for leading any unknowing person down the path of ignorance - but not in with this guy.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You know what, Marcus? You are the only person I know to so vehemently discount the idea of Isaiah 30:26 being a CME.

When the facts about CME's and what they can do are ascertained, it is seen to be the perfect explanation for all the many prophesies about the Lord's terrible Day of judgement/punishment of the nations. It is His 'lightning bolts', His 'flashing sword', His 'burning anger', His 'rod of iron' and the means by which prophesies like 'the sky rolled up like a scroll', 'the moon shining bright red', 'storms and whirlwinds', 'the earth shaking and terrible earthquakes' and extreme heat, will be literally fulfilled.

I do not lead anyone down the path of false theories, I point out the facts of prophecy and of modern knowledge.
What is your agenda, to be so opposed to that?

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rabbi keras:

You're the only one who can't read Isaiah 30:26!

The sun shining brightly does not necessitate the sun exploding and burning the earth

........................................BECAUSE

It happens in conjunction with the day God heals those whom He has wounded.

.......................................THUS

It does not convey a physical harm, but rather a figurative benevolence, something actually nice.

.................Your problem is that you're not wise enough to accept correction,
.................and so I treat you as a fool.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In no way do I accept correction from anyone who pushes the false rapture to heaven agenda.
This wrong idea reflects in all your thinking, therefore you see the prophesies in a way to suit a removal before God's wrath hits.

There are many prophesies proving that the Lord will save and protect His people during His Day of wrath:
Isaiah 43:2, Zephaniah 2:3, 1 Cor. 10:13, 2 Peter 3:9, Zechariah 9:15-16, Jeremiah 17:7-8, Daniel 12:1, 2 Thess. 1:7

Plenty of other people can see that the Lord will use a CME to destroy the attackers of Israel and to set the world up for a One World Govt. Your foolish ranting against that truth, Marcus, just shows up your inability to understand the reality of God's plans for His people.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And In 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul assures us that God has not appointed His people to wrath. This wrath is plainly God's anger that will be poured out during the tribulation. Pre-trib believers interpret this as meaning that Christians will be removed from the earth. Post-trib believers tell a different story. They describe this as meaning that God will protect Christians during the tribulation and pour this wrath out on the unbelievers only. This idea runs against the statement made in Revelation 13:7, in which the Antichrist is given power to make war with the saints and to overcome them. A post-trib view would make God's promise of protection from wrath into a lie. In years past, it was possible to think of being protected from the guns and swords of that day. Today, when any major war would involve nuclear and chemical weapons, it's impossible to expect that same kind of protection. When Nagasaki, Japan was bombed during World War II, the bomb exploded over a Catholic church. Everyone who was in the center of the explosion died--both Christians and non-Christians. The only way to validly interpret God's promise of protection from wrath is by viewing 1 Thessalonians 5:9 as the bodily removal of the Church from this world.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.

However, to define terms: the only 'tribulation period' is the Great Tribulation as Jesus defined it. It starts at the midpoint abomination (Mt 24:15) and goes until it is suddenly cut short (Mt 24:22) by the sun/moon/star event (Mt 24:29). This tribulation is in the one 'seven' but does not come from God. Notice this is the order in which Jesus tells us what will happen. This is the keystone passage for my sequence-of-events approach.

Instead of being whisked away before we are oppressed and then persecuted, we are "handed over" for persecution. - However we do not lose our salvation because of it. We can only lose our salvation if we seek to save ourselves during this time by either: worshiping the abomination, or taking the mark of the beast as further revealed in Rev 13:15-17.

Following with the preceding sun/moon/star sign of Mt 24:29 is the coming of our Lord in Mt 24:30. As foretold in Joel, the sun/moon/star sign precedes the Day of the Lord and in the Olivet Discourse this is consistent and true just in the order Jesus gives it as coming before He appears as well.

This same sun/moon/star sign is given in a further revelation of the Father through Jesus to John in Revelation 6:12 & 13. Following it in Rev 6:14, is the scrolling of the sky, which I think is the same as the sign of the Son of Man in Mt 24:30.

Following Jesus' parousia in Mt 24:30 is the gathering of the Elect. This is the Rapture for those still living. In the book of Revelation, following the scrolling of the sky when the wicked hide and fear, and the sealing of the 144,000 in Revelation 7:1-8, the Great Multitude show up in Heaven as the result of the Rapture.

Only when the wheat is safely in the barn of Heaven is the seventh Seal broken which allows the Scroll to be read - and with that first Trumpet - two elements of the Day of the Lord's Wrath come: fire and blood. We're not here for that!

So we are not appointed to suffer Wrath from God. However, we will suffer tribulation: oppression and persecution by Satan.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It should be obvious to everyone on earth with access to news information that some kind of cataclysmic event will probably occur in the near future. The lessons of history, the population explosion, natural disasters and the preparedness of nations for war are all dire warning signs for us. But we who study the Bible can, and should know what the prophets tell us about the end of this age. Amos 3:7
The Book of Revelation tells us about a sequence of terrible events called the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgements and we note that the Sixth Seal is referred to as ‘the great Day of the Lord’s wrath’. Then the Seventh Seal is a time gap in heaven of ‘about a ½ hour’. This calculates to approximately 16/17 years of earth time, using the one day in heaven = 1000 years on earth principal. This will allow for all that must happen until the glorious Return of Jesus.

Therefore, the Sixth Seal is the event that the Lord intends to use in order to punish the nations, who at present conspire to annihilate Israel. Their attack and its consequences are prophesied in Psalm 83 and Micah 4:11-12. Prophecies that parallel the Sixth Seal are; Isaiah 34:4 ‘the sky rolled up like a scroll’, Isaiah 2:21 ‘hide in caves, etc’, Zeph.1:14 ‘The Day of the Lords wrath, a Day of doom and disaster’, then in Amos 1 – it says how the Lord will send fire to destroy the Ishmaelite peoples [those mentioned in Psalm 83] for all their crimes. There are over 70 verses in the Bible that speak of a forthcoming fire judgement and most of them state clearly that it is the Lord Himself who instigates this fire. Joel 1:15 & 19 ‘The Day of the Lord comes, a mighty destruction from the Almighty and fire has consumed the trees and pastures.
Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously, You traverse the earth, in anger, You trample on the nations.
Isa. 66:15-16 The Lord will judge with fire....He will test all mankind, many will be slain.
How He will do this, is told to us in Isaiah 30:26-28 where it is undeniably written about ‘a devouring fire, from the Lord Himself’, that is caused by ‘the sun shining seven times stronger’. This can only be a coronal mass ejection; something that the earth has experienced in the past and is expected to happen again, that can have worldwide devastating consequences - a seemingly natural occurrence that will maintain the hidden-ness of the Lord. With this scenario in mind, many other prophecies make sense, passages like Ezekiel 20:47-48, about a fire in the Land, kindled by the Lord, and 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, where Peter says: ‘The Day of the Lord will come like a thief, the Day the heavens disappear and flames bring all the earth to judgement’. Psalm 18:7-15

The four best passages that describe the Return of Jesus in His glory, to commence His Millennial reign and visible to all, NOT as a thief and unexpectedly, are; Zechariah 14:3-15, Matthew 24:27-30, Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-19. We are told that on that Day; ‘the Great Day of the Sovereign Lord’, Rev. 16:14, there will be an earthquake only in Jerusalem and that Jesus will destroy the attacking army of the Anti- Christ by the sword of His Word. He then gathers His elect from around the earth and commences His Millennium reign. These four descriptions do not mention a worldwide fire judgement and as the world will have just experienced the Great Tribulation, for that judgement to occur at the same time as the Return, seems unnecessary and illogical.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Why should it be obvious? Jesus said no one will know the hour or the day, so trying to mystically deduce the season is rather fruitless. That's not what we're called for and so far you really haven't proven your assertions on this forum.
Who exactly are you trying to convince? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to me, cuz you're not convincing anyone else.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
From now on, StanJ we expect positive comments and your opinions backed up with scriptures, or you will be ignored by everyone for the annoying stirrer that you are.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Day of the Lord is not next. According to the order Jesus gives us in the Olivet Discourse of Mt 24:15-31, and not rabbi keras' fantasy re-write of Scripture, several things precede it.

1. Not stated, but imputed by the first event our Lord describes in Mt 24:15, based on Daniel's account from Gabriel, is the start of the one 'seven'. This, in turn, necessitates the formation of the fourth terrible beast, and the rise of the beast of a man within it (Rev 13), to "prevail" (gabar) a covenant with many (Dan 9:27).

2. After one half of the one 'seven' whereby Christians are oppressed (waged war upon - Rev 13) and the false prophet initiates a nuclear strike (setting off the premise for a rapid invasion by the King of the North in retaliation for breaking the truce), a talking image of the anti-Christ is erected (Rev 13:14-15) in the "Holy Place" (Mt 24:15) which is in the Temple (naos) as Paul explained in 2Th 2.

3. Then there will be Great Tribulation (Mt 24:21) which is revealed by Jesus again to John in Rev 13:15-17 as two laws which God tells us to disobey or we will lose our salvation. Christians die wholesale, but God does not allow a total extermination, as this time is "cut short" (Mt 24:22) so some of the Elect will be alive to experience the Rapture (1Co 15:50-52 and 1Th 4:16-17).

4. The sun/moon/star sign is given, which precedes the Day of the Lord (Joel 2) in Mt 24:29. This comes immediately after the Great Tribulation, and indeed, I conclude it is what interrupts the wickeds' persecution of us as they run and hide. This event is replicated in Revelation chapter 6, with the opening of the sixth Seal. Note that at this time, the Scroll is still closed (which contains the desolations that have been decreed - Dan 9:26); so the wickeds' cry of impending doom is their selfish fear based on what the three Angels tell them before the Harvest (Rev 14), and NOT what happens exactly next!

5. The sign of the Son of Man comes next (Mt 24:30) which I think is the scrolling of the sky in Rev 6 which also follows the sun/moon/star event of the sixth Seal (- see the order is the same). This is Jesus' parousia and every eye will see Him. This is the Day of the Lord, and it begins at night. It is not secret. It is the Last Day of the Church Age: the last chance for any Grace through Faith. Many who don't know the Gospel will hear the first of the three Angels who come before the Harvest (Rev 14) and they will be saved! And so the Gospel is preached throughout the world before the "end" giving all an equal chance for eternal life (Mt 24:14).

6. Then comes the Harvest (Mt 24:31: Rev 14) where Jesus reaps the earth. This Harvest shows up in Heaven at the end of the sixth Seal, plucked out of the field of this world, out of the Great Tribulation, being a Great Multitude of people from all over the world, washed by the Blood of the Lamb, and now before the Father on His Throne in His Temple in Heaven.

7. Then, and only then, is the seventh Seal broken leading to a silence not only in Heaven but on earth (Amos) which is not long, and then, while still on the Day of the Lord, God's Wrath falls with two battles, supplemented with fire and blood by Angels, God's Army goes with Jesus (Rev 14:4) and the desolations begin, within 24 hours of the wicked having gone into hiding.

The sun does not explode.
The sixth Seal is not about Wrath, but Rescue.
We are not in Israel for the bloodbath.
We are not even on the earth when God's Wrath falls upon it.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It isn't the Day of the Lord's Return that comes next.
If you read properly what I point out from the prophesies, it will be the Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath that will come unexpecedly. We know this from how Jesus quoted Isaiah 61:1-2a; that sentence continues on...the Day of the vengeance of our God....then how He will comfort those who mourn. Isaiah 6:3-11 says how the Lord's people will become His priests and will live in the holy Land in peace and prosperity. Going to heaven? I don't see that anywhere.

In your first point above, you say the 'beast' will rise to power and make a peace covenant with 'many'. How does this 'beast' gain power? Who are the 'many'?
You miss out all that must happen to enable this scenario to take place.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
From now on, StanJ we expect positive comments and your opinions backed up with scriptures, or you will be ignored by everyone for the annoying stirrer that you are.
If you can't handle the heat keras, get out of the kitchen, and until you become a moderator, which you never will, don't speak for the board or the thread.