There Is No Middle Ground; You Are For Or Against; You Believe Or Your Don’t = Romans 1;28-32

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is this talking about spiritual life. which one can not gain or lose by what they do or do not do. or physical life?

Perhaps it's talking about eternal life.. ?

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,

naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'

Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'

And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Is it not as it has always been? God offers us the choice of life or death, and forces no one to choose life..

What change then since Jesus' death and resurrection? Perhaps the default setting is now life when after Adam it was death?

In any event, Jesus will judge righteously and with mercy.. and who can argue with His judgements?

Pax et Bonum

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it's talking about eternal life.. ?

He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,

naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'

Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?

When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'

And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Is it not as it has always been? God offers us the choice of life or death, and forces no one to choose life..

What change then since Jesus' death and resurrection? Perhaps the default setting is now life when after Adam it was death?

In any event, Jesus will judge righteously and with mercy.. and who can argue with His judgements?

Pax et Bonum
Which is spiritual life which one can not gain or lose by what they do

Reactions: St. SteVen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which is spiritual life which one can not gain or lose by what they do

Can they not? St.Paul would seem to disagree with you..

Or do you hold his priceless kindness, forbearance, and patience in low esteem, unaware that the kindness of God would lead you to repentance?

By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God,

who will repay everyone according to his works: 3

eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works,

but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness.

Pax et Bonum

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can they not? St.Paul would seem to disagree with you..

Or do you hold his priceless kindness, forbearance, and patience in low esteem, unaware that the kindness of God would lead you to repentance?

By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself for the day of wrath and revelation of the just judgment of God,

eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works,

but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness.

Pax et Bonum
I do not thunk paul would contradict himself

I think he stated the truth. Those who have eternal life WILL do those things. Those not born of God will not do those things.

Eternal life is a gift. It can not be earned..

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not thunk paul would contradict himself
He doesn't, And he certainly says this:

And also this:

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,

Does this mean something is lacking in Christ? No, what is lacking, is our own obedience... even under persecution , even unto death..
Our meritourious suffering of God's will for the sake of others..

Pax et Bonum

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't, And he certainly says this:

And also this:

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,

Does this mean something is lacking in Christ? No, what is lacking, is our own obedience... even under persecution , even unto death..
Our meritourious suffering of God's will for the sake of others..

Pax et Bonum
Do you know who a child of God is?

They seek glory honor an immortality etc etc

Do you know who a non child of God is?

They disobey truth and practice wickedness

That is who they are. Not how they become who they are

One is born again by faith in christ. That makes them believers. And makes them who they are.

Paul agrees with this, he does not contradict this

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know who a child of God is?

They seek glory honor an immortality etc etc

Indeed!

And if the virtuous man turns from the path of virtue to do evil, the same kind of abominable things that the wicked man does, can he do this and still live? None of his virtuous deeds shall be remembered, because he has broken faith and committed sin; because of this, he shall die.

Do you know who a non child of God is?

They disobey truth and practice wickedness

Indeed!

But if a wicked man, turning from the wickedness he has committed, does what is right and just, he shall preserve his life;

since he has turned away from all the sins which he committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

One is born again by faith in christ. That makes them believers. And makes them who they are.

Paul agrees with this, he does not contradict this

Indeed!

And he points out that faith without love is nothing..

if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

And he tells us what counts:

For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Pax et Bonum

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed!

And if the virtuous man turns from the path of virtue to do evil, the same kind of abominable things that the wicked man does, can he do this and still live? None of his virtuous deeds shall be remembered, because he has broken faith and committed sin; because of this, he shall die.

Indeed!

But if a wicked man, turning from the wickedness he has committed, does what is right and just, he shall preserve his life;

since he has turned away from all the sins which he committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Indeed!

And he points out that faith without love is nothing..

if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

And he tells us what counts:

For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Pax et Bonum
Yes, If I have faith that God can move mountains but have not love…

But salvation is not about Faith that God will or can move mountains, Its about faith in the fact I am a sinner, bankrupt. Dead, with no hope, lost without God. With no way of restoring that relationship. Yet God so loved me, he became a man, lived a life on this earth and suffered the death of the cross (hung on a pole) so just as the jews who looked on that serpent Moses raised up lived. So to. If I look to the cross in true faith as the tax collector. I will be born again, And that new life will be eternal. I have Gods promise, I will never perish.

Reactions: Philip James

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief in Jesus is more than mere belief. The word means to have an assurance.

Saying a sinners prayer does not save you. Repenting and calling out to Jesus as the tax collector Saves you.
BELIEF IS A WORKS GOSPEL!! John 6:28-29.

Last edited: