There is no other name under heaven....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
Is it true that this saying:" THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN WHEREBY MAN IS TO BE SAVED EXCEPT THE NAME OF JESUS" Was kind of a reaction to: "THERE IS NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN WHEREBY MAN IS TO BE SAVED EXCEPT THE NAME OF CAESAR". I read this in a book by a guy named Rob Bell. I do not agree with his teachings and I don't think the bible does either. He is basically a pluralist. But is this true?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont know but I can tell you a simlar term is used in Deut. so it would not have been a big deal for the title ceaser to put in place of the words in Duet. and Deut was written long before any ceaser.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God uses the term as, "I will do this thing or that thing to all under the heavens" from Genesis throught scripture many times claiming his place as the God of all that controls all the World so the the fact ceaser borrowed the term to claim his total authority is an idea stolen directly from the scriptures not the other way around