There is only one Mediator, but...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read it?

Check out 1 Cor 7. It's pretty clear that Paul is giving personal advice and not speaking a commandment from the Lord, unlike Romans 10.
Yes, I've read it. My post was only about the term 'speaking by permission,' which is not in the text.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't need us; but He deigns graciously to use us.....
Ok... I will humor you and note that it that God doesn't need us. It's not true, Now tell me what this has to do with what we are discussing?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I've read it. My post was only about the term 'speaking by permission,' which is not in the text.
1 Corinthians 7:6 KJV
But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Yeah, it's in the text

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 7:6 KJV
But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

Yeah, it's in the text
I see. It’s not in the text except an archaic bad translation.

There is a new poster @Miz KJV Only. If I could change my user name. It might be, Mr Anti-KJV.:p

1 Corinthians 7:6
Contemporary English Version

6 In my opinion that is what should be done, though I don't know of anything the Lord said about this matter.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ppl have been converted through reading the Scriptures for themselves.

But it's indeed good to be active in evangelism......

you cannot bring your self into the kingdom

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think he never does it himself?
Yeah he could. But he chose others to do it. Now how are you going to argue with this:

Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Reactions: BeyondET

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. It’s not in the text except an archaic bad translation.

There is a new poster @Miz KJV Only. If I could change my user name. It might be, Mr Anti-KJV.:p

1 Corinthians 7:6
Contemporary English Version

6 In my opinion that is what should be done, though I don't know of anything the Lord said about this matter.
Yep... if you don't like one version of the Bible... switch to another . Got it. Even so, your chosen version upholds my point.

Thanks for participating.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah he could. But he chose others to do it. Now how are you going to argue with this:

Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; [12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Absolutely, you are 100% correct, some need a little help there's something to be said about being a human witness to another and there is others who know without another human witness certainly Adam knew without another.

Luke 9
49“Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 50“Do not stop him,” Jesus replied, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”…

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep... if you don't like one version of the Bible... switch to another . Got it. Even so, your chosen version upholds my point.

Thanks for participating.
You're welcome. This is why I hate the KJV, besides even the archaic words are archaic expressions that divert me from the point of the God's word. If I need the translation translated at nearly every turn, it is not a good translation for me.

Yes, even my chosen translation upholds the point, which is some passages are dicta, the author's personal opinion thrown in the mix of him sharing prophecy, sharing words God told him. My wife believes this applies to other passages, like women wearing dresses and head coverings too. However, I think that is more difficult to discern.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, even my chosen translation upholds the point, which is some passages are dicta, the author's personal opinion thrown in the mix of him sharing prophecy, sharing words God told him. My wife believes this applies to other passages, like women wearing dresses and head coverings too. However, I think that is more difficult to discern.
It seems to me dangerous to believe it applies to other passages. Your particular example is somewhat an exemption because the Bible never says a woman must wear dresses. Dueteronomy says a woman shall not wear what pertaineth to a man, which varies culture to culture and Era to Era. Scots wearing kilts, for example.

In any sense,when Paul spokebypermission,ne noted when he was doing so. If we apply the permission to every verse (or even some of them) we then turn the Bible into mere suggestions which are to be governed by our own opinion.

Reactions: Wrangler

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a direct contradiction of what is revealed in the Bible. But I do not expect you to understand.
The priesthood of all believers.

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse says to all nations is vastly different than all men, how many in each who knows?

All men yes!

Lk 2-10-11
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jn 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All men yes!

Lk 2-10-11
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jn 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
All who believe is vastly different than allmen.

you are conflating the statement to include all humans surely is not the case.