There is only one Mediator, but...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All who believe is vastly different than allmen.

you are conflating the statement to include all humans surely is not the case.

there is only one savior and one salvation common to all men!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Have you read it?

Check out 1 Cor 7. It's pretty clear that Paul is giving personal advice and not speaking a commandment from the Lord, unlike Romans 10.

I concur re the preaching of God ordained man/men
John the Baptist Prepares the Way
(Mark 1:1-8; Luke 3:1-9, 15-17; John 1:19-28)
¶ About this time, [Lit. In those days] John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the Judean wilderness

The Compassion of Jesus
¶ Then Jesus began traveling throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every illness.

Mar 16:20 Then his disciples [Lit. Then they] went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord kept working with them and confirming the message by the signs that accompanied it.

Act 28:30 ¶ For two whole years Paul [Lit. he] lived in his own rented place and welcomed everyone who came to him.
Act 28:31 He continued to preach about the kingdom of God and to teach boldly and freely about the Lord Jesus, the Messiah. [Or Christ]

1Pe 4:6 For unto this end was the gospel preached even to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, having an eternal gospel to proclaim unto them that dwell on the earth, and unto every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

...with Christ as the subject..

Act 8:4 They therefore that were scattered abroad went about preaching the word.
Act 8:5 And Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and proclaimed unto them the Christ.
Act 8:6 And the multitudes gave heed with one accord unto the things that were spoken by Philip, when they heard, and saw the signs which he did.
Act 8:7 For from many of those which had unclean spirits, they came out, crying with a loud voice: and many that were palsied, and that were lame, were healed.

Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other?
Act 8:35 And Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this scripture, preached unto him Jesus.

So, even when a person is "deaf" he/she can still be shown the gospel according to Acts 8:35

Act 9:19 and he took food and was strengthened. And he was certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
Act 9:20 And straightway in the synagogues he proclaimed Jesus, that he is the Son of God.

1Co 1:21 For seeing that in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom knew not God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 Seeing that Jews ask for signs, and Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto Jews a stumblingblock, and unto Gentiles foolishness;

2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

Excellent OP.

Reactions: FHII

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you sure about that? Because I have listed verses that say we are saved by preaching (not reading) and that faith comes by hearing a preacher (not reading).
Act 8:26 But an angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza: the same is desert.
Act 8:27 And he arose and went: and behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was over all her treasure, who had come to Jerusalem for to worship;
Act 8:28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah.
Act 8:29 And the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
Act 8:30 And Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
Act 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some one shall guide me? And he besought Philip to come up and sit with him.
Act 8:32 Now the place of the scripture which he was reading was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; And as a lamb before his shearer is dumb, So he openeth not his mouth:
Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: His generation who shall declare? For his life is taken from the earth.
Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other?

Here we have an example how to read scriptures and still not understand what we are reading.

My question is: After the resurrection of Christ, isn't it the Holy Spirit opening the scriptures? Illumination, to open the "eyes of our understanding?"

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we have an example how to read scriptures and still not understand what we are reading.

My question is: After the resurrection of Christ, isn't it the Holy Spirit opening the scriptures? Illumination, to open the "eyes of our understanding?"
It absolutely is. My point is that the Holy Spirit opens eyes through other men. The HG has taught me through my Pastor. Jesus, an angel or the HG will obviously have to teach some directly, but they do it so they can teach others.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It absolutely is. My point is that the Holy Spirit opens eyes through other men. The HG has taught me through my Pastor. Jesus, an angel or the HG will obviously have to teach some directly, but they do it so they can teach others.
Absolutely FHII, when I was a boy, I was given a small Gideon Afrikaans bible, very hard to read, not a good translation in a small town called Brakpan, so small I could get on a bicycle and go from Brakpan to Benoni in less than 20 minutes..well, I surrendered to Christ in a small Baptist Church when the pastor read these words....
Joh 17:2 even as thou gavest him authority over all flesh, that whatsoever thou hast given him, to them he should give eternal life.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.
Joh 17:4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 17:6 I manifested thy name unto the men whom thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.
Joh 17:7 Now they know that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are from thee:
Joh 17:8 for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them; and they received them, and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me.
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:

I was in tears, nothing to do with emotions, and since then I can give you testimony after testimony after testimony, the Lord saved me from death many, many times.
But now I ramble.
God bless brother.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely FHII, when I was a boy, I was given a small Gideon Afrikaans bible, very hard to read, not a good translation in a small town called Brakpan, so small I could get on a bicycle and go from Brakpan to Benoni in less than 20 minutes..well, I surrendered to Christ in a small Baptist Church when the pastor read these words....
Joh 17:2 even as thou gavest him authority over all flesh, that whatsoever thou hast given him, to them he should give eternal life.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.
Joh 17:4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 17:6 I manifested thy name unto the men whom thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.
Joh 17:7 Now they know that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are from thee:
Joh 17:8 for the words which thou gavest me I have given unto them; and they received them, and knew of a truth that I came forth from thee, and they believed that thou didst send me.
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:

I was in tears, nothing to do with emotions, and since then I can give you testimony after testimony after testimony, the Lord saved me from death many, many times.
But now I ramble.
God bless brother.
Praise God, brother!