They say "Israel is ready"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With China and Russia moving ships into the middle east it may get worse.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I imagine Israel will do what it will, with or without America's help. If God goes with them, they will succeed.
But will God be with them? They rejected his Son.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But if Jesus is God in flesh, then they really haven't rejected his Son, have they?
They don't recognise Jesus as Messiah - so isn't that rejection? There are bible accounts of innocent people slain for God's purposes, do you think that's what is happening? To be honest I don't know what to think. There are Palestine support rallies all over the place in the UK and we have both Muslim and Jewish MPs in parliament each calling for support for their people. And anti Semitism has risen by over 1,000. It is a terrible thing.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to go into Gaza, with ground troops.

Biden wants them to dalay..... still
I remember President Trump being asked about his plans to combat ISIS. He said it would be ridiculous to answer that because it forewarns the enemy. That's a paraphrase.

I think that's common sense.

So,the question now with this latest is,why delay again what has already alerted Israel's enemy?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't recognise Jesus as Messiah - so isn't that rejection? There are bible accounts of innocent people slain for God's purposes, do you think that's what is happening? To be honest I don't know what to think. There are Palestine support rallies all over the place in the UK and we have both Muslim and Jewish MPs in parliament each calling for support for their people. And anti Semitism has risen by over 1,000. It is a terrible thing.
That is one way to look at it. Here is another:

The Jews worshiped God, known as Jehovah or Yahweh, before Jesus came to earth.

Jesus was Jehovah/Yaweh in flesh.

The Jews continue to worship Jehovah/Yaweh.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a thought. Russia and China are collaborating now since the Hamas attack on Israel. Before that of course.

Biden has sold out to China. Now,I think the question is, what happens if they all go together,including Iraq and Iran, against Israel and America?
Especially,when China has an ally in Biden.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well ... God started this a long, long time ago as we can see as we learn about Ishmael.

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/people/why-did-god-bless-ishmael.html
Ishmael, Abraham’s firstborn son with Hagar — his wife’s maidservant — is the patriarch of Islam. In fact, our Muslim friends believe that he fulfilled God’s covenant as the firstborn of Abraham. While Ishmael is a very important person in the Muslim religion, he is also important in the Christian religion.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one way to look at it. Here is another:

The Jews worshiped God, known as Jehovah or Yahweh, before Jesus came to earth.

Jesus was Jehovah/Yaweh in flesh.

The Jews continue to worship Jehovah/Yaweh.
Jesus cursed the fig tree. The fig tree was Israel's symbol, so the fig tree was Israel's curse. They worshiped the Mosaic Law and not God.

Mark 11:12-14 -
Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. 13 And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. 14 In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.” And His disciples heard it.

Then onto the Temple to clean it out. This is another condemnation.

Mark 11:15-17

So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 16 And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. 17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”

Anytime you see a Jewish person on this or another forum, the first thing you hear, or read, is about the Torah, not God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus cursed the fig tree. The fig tree was Israel's symbol, so the fig tree was Israel's curse. They worshiped the Mosaic Law and not God.

Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. 13 And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. 14 In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.” And His disciples heard it.

So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 16 And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. 17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”

Anytime you see a Jewish person on this or another forum, the first thing you hear, or read, is about the Torah, not God.
I know many a jewish believer. Who not only profess Christ. But profess the word. (Not just the torah)

you should be careful when you condemn a people

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Jews worship Jehovah/Yahweh. Christians worship Jehovah/Yahweh. I wonder why the Lord would favor one over the other.

Reactions: friend of

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jews worship Jehovah/Yahweh. Christians worship Jehovah/Yahweh. I wonder why the Lord would favor one over the other.
I also reject replacement theology. Yahweh is clearly not done with the nation of Israel.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They don't recognise Jesus as Messiah - so isn't that rejection?
People in Israel are the same as elsewhere in the world.
There are Born Again Christians, there are non-christians, there are "whatever you can find under the sun" type of people.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If they profess Christ, that's not a problem, its the Jews that still follow Mosaic law and still want a temple to sacrifice.
Wikipedia: The term "Jewish Christian" or "Christian Jew" is generally used in reference to ethnic Jews who have either converted to or been raised in Christianity. They are mostly members of Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Christian congregations, and they are generally grouped into the Christian mainstream, but they may also retain a strong sense of attachment to their Jewish identity. Some Jewish Christians also refer to themselves as "Hebrew Christians".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians worship Jesus. So do Messianic Jews. But other Jews don't have God's grace because they reject Jesus as messiah and won't surrender to him.