Things are getting scary in England

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
-- No problem. It is horrendous what happened there. It is hard to comprehend.

Actually, I didn't say "Jesus was the only way to please God." I said "Jesus is the only way to salvation."
I guess, when I think about it, they can indeed be seen as the same thing.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

As far as the possibility of making it possible for "non-believers to convert," absolutely.

One of the reasons that the events leading up to the end of times are documents (besides to encourage followers) is so that those searching will be able to see for themselves and have the chance to follow Christ.

But at the end of the Tribulation, when Christ returns with his followers, filling the sky, it will be too late to suddenly join the team.

Well good stuff foreigner, :handshakesmiley: they need a handshake smiley maybe I am a little soft still I don't like the thought of telling anyone they can't make it to heaven.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I understand completely.
To be honest, I don't relish doing it, either. I always feel there is someone more qualified who is less likely to screw up :)

But because someone who didn't want to do it out of fear of risking out friendship did it for me, how could I do less.
My very best friend became a born again Christian right out of high school.
Before that we were a couple of wild guys, drinking, women, partying, etc.
I felt that the guy just thrown his life away and would never have fun again.
I would invite him to go out partying and he would decline but say he'd still like to hang together, go out to eat, etc.
I was offended and would decline. He picked religion over his best friend.
He never pushed his faith but told me how pleased he was when I would ask, and said that if I ever wanted to talk or ask questions, he was there for me.
Over a number of months my life became even more and more unsettled and I missed my best friend.
It was compounded by the fact that we were apart because of ME. He said he was always there for me if I wanted to hang out or talk.
Finally I went to see him and the conversation turned to Christ and I said, "Look, I just don't get the appeal."
He shared with me gently, in a non-pressured way, sharing scripture that had helped me to understand and soon I found myself praying with him, asking God to forgive my sins and become my Lord and Savior.

He told me later that he had prayed sincerely for me for a very long time and knew before I even as I showed up that I would be giving my life to the Lord.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I understand completely.
To be honest, I don't relish doing it, either. I always feel there is someone more qualified who is less likely to screw up :)

But because someone who didn't want to do it out of fear of risking out friendship did it for me, how could I do less.
My very best friend became a born again Christian right out of high school.
Before that we were a couple of wild guys, drinking, women, partying, etc.
I felt that the guy just thrown his life away and would never have fun again.
I would invite him to go out partying and he would decline but say he'd still like to hang together, go out to eat, etc.
I was offended and would decline. He picked religion over his best friend.
He never pushed his faith but told me how pleased he was when I would ask, and said that if I ever wanted to talk or ask questions, he was there for me.
Over a number of months my life became even more and more unsettled and I missed my best friend.
It was compounded by the fact that we were apart because of ME. He said he was always there for me if I wanted to hang out or talk.
Finally I went to see him and the conversation turned to Christ and I said, "Look, I just don't get the appeal."
He shared with me gently, in a non-pressured way, sharing scripture that had helped me to understand and soon I found myself praying with him, asking God to forgive my sins and become my Lord and Savior.

He told me later that he had prayed sincerely for me for a very long time and knew before I even as I showed up that I would be giving my life to the Lord.

That is an awesome story brother. :D

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
It's not just islam extremists that makes things scary...

It's also christian extremists...

What do they both have in common? they both think they're offering God service by killing...

So what's the real problem? Religion is irrelevant... it's the principle of thinking we're offering God service by killing... this is what's truly antichrist... for the Son did not come to destroy mens lives... but to save them...

http://www.nytimes.c...4oslo.html?_r=1

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

What do they both have in common? they both think they're offering God service by killing...

-- Just out of curiosity, how many Christian extremists are we talking about?
I can give a litany of Islamic organizations or state-sponsored Islamic extremist who are currently wreaking havoc be advocating and carrying out terror.

I am curious as to what Christian extremists - either individuals or organizations - that you can share with us that are currently carrying out the roadside bombings, shelling of civilian populations, shootings, honor killings, torture, etc. etc. etc.

And please don't mention the individual in Norway. In his first police interrogation he identified himself as a "Darwinist."
And you can skip Timothy McVie, too. He himself said that religion/faith/God had nothing to do with his bombing.

And the Westboro Baptists, while cultists who call themselves Christians, do not advocate violence towards any person or group.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Are you talkking about what happend in Norway?

That man will burn forever in the fires of Hell for what he did.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Glenn Beck's comment......

"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or whatever," Beck said on his radio show Monday, which is broadcast on more than 400 stations.

"I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics? Disturbing," Beck said about the Labour Party youth camp on the island of Utoya where 68 people, mostly teens, were killed.

Classic......

Despite his harsh words, Beck actually has some involvement in political youth camps himself. His 9/12 Project — which aims to unite Americans as much as they were on the day following the Sept. 11 attacks — has been running camps for kids this summer.

Oh the irony.......

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... our battles against principles... and one principle that's really caused offense to faith in God is people thinking by killing people they are offering God service... even the disciples were mistaken about this, "Should we call fire down from heaven on them ?" to which Jesus replied something like, "You don't know what manner of Spirit you're of... for the Son of man didn't come to destroy men lives but to save them"

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
Well, you want the truth of why this is happening. Even 15, 25 or 30 years ago this was unfathomable. Frankly it comes down to us in basically a post-Christian society. "Western" populations are dying. Because of things like abortion...

Good observation. It is noteworthy that just after Mexico City made abortion legal, all hell broke loose in Mexico and it has only been a couple years. I'm afraid the church has fumbled the ball, and Islam has picked it up and run with it. This is the end of the age. All of this has been foretold, and we have been forewarned by the prophets. We must come together and love one another. We must pray without ceasing. We must study the scriptures and pray for the correct interpretation. And yes, we must be willing to die for Christ as he has died for us.

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011

http://www.nytimes.c...4oslo.html?_r=1

I can give a litany of Islamic organizations or state-sponsored Islamic extremist who are currently wreaking havoc be advocating and carrying out terror.

I am curious as to what Christian extremists - either individuals or organizations - that you can share with us that are currently carrying out the roadside bombings, shelling of civilian populations, shootings, honor killings, torture, etc. etc. etc.

I commend you and thank you Foreigner for defending the Christian watchmen who are sounding the trumpet and warning of impending calamity. These are the Christians who are being condemned by the mainstream media at this moment. These righteous Christian watchmen are refusing to be silenced by the media false prophets, and are being targeted by the left leaning media which has become the spokesman for Satan.

Robby, you being deceived when you feed on the lies coming from the New York Times, and other mainstream media, and TV sources. They are the propaganda arm of the left/Islamic alliance. They promote fornication, abortion, homosexual lifestyle, Islam, atheism, and every abomination being committed in our modern times (end times). What they won't promote is a holy Christian lifestyle.

Without Holiness no one shall see the Lord. You can't be saved without it.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha.. you're deceived by hypocrisy...

You think christian's haven't thought they were offering God service by killing?

Try look into the crusades, the witch hunts, etc...

Americhristianity is so lost in delusional hypocrisy is makes me sick some times...

The leaven of pharisees which is hypocrisy has spread far and wide throughout this country which is darkness disguised as light and thanks to the PRIDE of being an american people can't even see straight...

Oh no... they blew up a couple buildings in New York... they're evil sick people...

Oh... us blowing the crap out of other countries constantly... that's for our freedom...

haha... what a fricken joke...

The only government on this planet that isn't wicked is the Kingdom of God... and the only church on this planet that is true is that which is under it's rule... not the one that's 501c3 incorporated with the world...

It's so ignorant that people think this is in some way God's country when the foundation was stealing the land, killing the natives, and now destroying the planet through pollution...

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy... you know a tree by it's fruit... and that's the fruit... God bless humanity... let the world fall...

That's all I'll say about this topic...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

You think christian's haven't thought they were offering God service by killing?

Americhristianity is so lost in delusional hypocrisy is makes me sick some times...

The leaven of pharisees which is hypocrisy has spread far and wide throughout this country which is darkness disguised as light and thanks to the PRIDE of being an american people can't even see straight...

Oh no... they blew up a couple buildings in New York... they're evil sick people...

Oh... us blowing the crap out of other countries constantly... that's for our freedom...

The only government on this planet that isn't wicked is the Kingdom of God... and the only church on this planet that is true is that which is under it's rule... not the one that's 501c3 incorporated with the world...

It's so ignorant that people think this is in some way God's country when the foundation was stealing the land, killing the natives, and now destroying the planet through pollution...

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy... you know a tree by it's fruit... and that's the fruit... God bless humanity... let the world fall...

And thus the reason people hate Christianity. It's not because of Jesus for the most part. It's because of all the ate up things people have done in the name of Jesus. However, I still think Muslims are evil, but as you say, no more evil than any other empire on the face of this earth.

One god is Allah, another is the Dollah,,, :D Yep, you can use that too LOL. (I think you're starting to rub off on me)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, at least we know where you are going, now

I
I
V

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JUST KIDDING, ROBBIE - I KNOW WE WILL SEE EACH OTHER SOMEDAY ..........................IN PURGATORY HAHAHAHA

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
You have been warned Robbie, you may be in the wrong church if this is what they believe. I will pray for your salvation. No condemnation there. Just a prayer.

"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.
Revelation 3:14-20

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

To which I asked:

To which you replied:

So, the best examples of current Christian Extremism is the "crusades" the "witch hunts" and the current U.S. government? That about right?

I do hope you choose to adhere to the very last line of your post.

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
"It's so ignorant that people think this is in some way God's country when the foundation was stealing the land, killing the natives, and now destroying the planet through pollution... ."

Typical leftist anti-American rhetoric.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It's so ignorant that people think this is in some way God's country when the foundation was stealing the land, killing the natives, and now destroying the planet through pollution... ."

Typical leftist anti-American rhetoric.

Hi Ron,

How do you explain Manifest Destiny?

ronmorgen

Apr 5, 2011
"How do you explain Manifest Destiny? "

I don't even know what it means. The Holy Spirit teaches me directly using the bible, and the phrase it not there. Tell me what it means, and I'll tell you what I think., if anything.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How do you explain Manifest Destiny? "

I don't even know what it means. The Holy Spirit teaches me directly using the bible, and the phrase it not there. Tell me what it means, and I'll tell you what I think., if anything.

Manifest Destiny was the doctrine of the American settlers,,,,they really believed that God gave them America to settle and it was their right to settle the continent from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. Ministers preached the doctrine throughout the churches of the Eastern seaboard.

This was much more than political rhetoric....it was straight from God and was compared to the Israelites claiming the Promise Land. In fact, the Mormons took the belief so far, they believed it was the new Promise Land.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Manifest Destiny was the doctrine of the American settlers,,,,they really believed that God gave them America to settle and it was their right to settle the continent from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean. Ministers preached the doctrine throughout the churches of the Eastern seaboard.

This was much more than political rhetoric....it was straight from God and was compared to the Israelites claiming the Promise Land. In fact, the Mormons took the belief so far, they believed it was the new Promise Land.

Well, I'd have to say they were right. If you look at it, none of them would've succeeded without God letting them.