Things are getting scary in England

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- How exactly do you know what everyone here believes or doesn't believe, Aspen.
Please show how he is misrepresenting that verse.
He is correct in that fear of the Lord is a theme that runs throughout the Word.

My favorite is:
"Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name." - Psalm 86:11

He asks for holy fear in order to keep God in perspective and give Him the respect he deserves.

There are scores of others that say the same thing.

And he is wrong when he defines the word 'fear' in the verses he provided. Fear also means awe.

Did you have something to offer to this conversation or did you just want to find another place to disagree with me?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Fear, as covered in the scriptures means awe, respect, ,keeping perspective as far as who God is, a necessary tool to retain the humility that God calls us to have, etc.

It can also mean literal 'fear.' Not necessarily fear of violence although God has used that threat. In Psalm 50 God says,
"Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver."

More fear of missing out on what God truly has for us by not remembering who He is, what He has done for us, and the absolute wonder one should have when considering that He has a personal interest in us on a very intimate level.

And to a greater extent, losing the respect and understanding that keeps us from moving from sinner to saved, back to sinner again.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

What other religions believe in Jesus/God?

Rastafari, Santaria, Mormons, JW's.

Just to make something clear that was mentioned earlier. Satanists don't worship Satan. They worship nothing but themselves and deny there is a Satan or a God. Which is curious considering they spend so much time with blasphemy, even oddly still, blasphemy against Jesus and not Mohamad or Buddah or the Great white buffalo.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Your talking about Leveyan satanists, there are theistic ones as well. My contempt for both groups is such that I won't even call them religioons, they are cults as far as I'm concerned. They should never have been allowed. it's too bad that we don't ahve a powerful authoritarian RCC liek we did in the Middle ages. They knew how to deal with dsecenters back then.

Bhuddists believe Jesus existed and place him amoung their saints.
Let's not forget the Jahova's witnesses and the Messianic Jews with groups like Jews for Jesus. They are very close to the original Jerusalem church community that came to an end when the Romans sacked the city in ad70.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Highlight
Where abous int he UK do you live. Obviosuly not Bradford to be so out of touch with what Muslims are really like. Sicne the 60s Bradford council just like many other local authorities has just bent over backwards for Muslims time and time again to give them what they want at the expence of everyone else.

I just want you all to know that this isn't a racial thing. I'm not on the side of the EDL or BNP, I think they are fascist Aholes. I don't care one fig for the colour of someone's skin, so this isn't a racial issue and I'm not having ago at the hindus, sikhs and Jews because they don't represent terrorism. Who ever heard of a Jewish suicide bomber?

I think also that you can't know much about Muslims to think they are peaceful because Mohammed was a millitary commander who led the first Muslims of Mecca and Medina in battle against other Arab tribes. Also, after Mohammed's death the Muslim empire spread very very rapidly from Arabia into Messipotamia, Persia, North Africa and the Byzantine Empire, even into Spaina dn southern Italy which it did through war and bloodshed, converting people at the point of a sword/

So pelase don't be one of these ignorant lefties who says that Islam didn't get millitant until we came and beat the snot out of them in the first crusade. All that happened was they re-thought their idea of Jihad to encompass holy war. You see Muslims say one thing and do the other. In English they talk about peace but in Urdu and Arabic they plot war.

Go on I am literally eating popcorn, I know a fair amount about there core beliefs, but not so much about there history. All I know is that they were trying to conquer the world and the Austrians kicked there butts back to persia in the War of 1683.

How does your personal insult prove that you are intelligent?

Well duckybill you come across like one of those people that goes around with a sign saying "muslims are anti christ" and that gives christians a bad name. Maybe you are not like that and you just don't care for aspen, that I can understand. Either way it's not very nice to go around telling everyone else that thier religion is invalid.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Well duckybill you come across like one of these people that goes around with a sign saying "muslims are anti christ" and the gives us as christians a bad name. Maybe you are not like that and you just don't care for aspen, that I can understand. Either way it's not very nice to go around telling everyone else that thier religion is invalid.
Any religion that denies that Jesus is God is anti-Christ.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Well duckybill you come across like one of those people that goes around with a sign saying "muslims are anti christ" and that gives christians a bad name. Maybe you are not like that and you just don't care for aspen, that I can understand. Either way it's not very nice to go around telling everyone else that thier religion is invalid.

-- When it comes down to it, delivery is everything...but, like it or not, some faiths are indeed 'invalid.'

Jesus Himself said, "No one will see the Father but through me."

"Tolerance" "Finding common ground" "All speaking to the same God" blah blah blah...

In the end - if there is true exchange of ideas - the fact is that if you truly are a Christian you must acknowledge that Jesus is the only way to salvation.

To compromise the facts of that message in any way corrupts the truth.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I think we have strayed somewhat on this thread from what I wanted to talk about which was the threat of Islam what is the best way for Christians to meet this trial. How should Christians deal with having to live under Muslim government.

I would also like to debate as to wether Islam exists as a trail for Chrstians or a tool of the devil for the undermining of Christians.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I think we have strayed somewhat on this thread from what I wanted to talk about which was the threat of Islam what is the best way for Christians to meet this trial.

-- With courage and truth. Don't pick a fight. Don't argue. Answer questions and present scripture. If they wish to argue or fight, thank them for their time and wish them a good day.

How should Christians deal with having to live under Muslim government.

-- I don't forsee any nations that aren't currently under a Muslim government to be under one any time in the near future.
Christians living in Muslim countries today have very few rights and live under the threat of prison, torture, or death. Just look at the Egypt that the "Arab Spring" has brought us.

I would also like to debate as to wether Islam exists as a trail for Chrstians or a tool of the devil for the undermining of Christians.

-- What would be the purpose of this debate?
Who would it benefit?
What would possibly be gained by it?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I could understand seeing Islam as a "tool of the devil" in the same way I can see Atheism, cocaine, promiscuity, new age beliefs, etc. as tools of the devil.
I would not see the individual followers of the faith as that, though.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
It's stuff like this.......

I'm in favor of the government taking God's name off of everything they have. I'm in favor of the Government not honoring anything that remotely resembles religion. I don't want religion taught in schools, and don't want the 10 commandments in the classrooms or courtrooms. I don't want to say "one nation under God" in the pledge.

The less our government has to do with religion the more freedoms we will have. The more freedom of religion we have the less likely any sort of religious nightmare such as shiariah law can happen.

Why is it that people don't see this?

I don't see any chance that Islam is going to take over.

But, you have to wonder, (which is something that I don't see asked) What is God's plan for all of this? Doesn't God say He sets up the governemnts and leaders? Obviously the spread of Islam is not something God wants to have happen.

We can all stand up for what ever we want, but, honestly, all we can do is fight for freedoms. We can't force anyone to believe any certain way.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
-- When it comes down to it, delivery is everything...but, like it or not, some faiths are indeed 'invalid.'

Jesus Himself said, "No one will see the Father but through me."

"Tolerance" "Finding common ground" "All speaking to the same God" blah blah blah...

In the end - if there is true exchange of ideas - the fact is that if you truly are a Christian you must acknowledge that Jesus is the only way to salvation.

To compromise the facts of that message in any way corrupts the truth.

What message that message that you just preached by yourself ?

It says in Revelation that all people who have lived form the dawn of time will get a chance to hear the gospel. So what if some of the Muslim people spent half thier lives praying and fasting and hating north american debachery ?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
What message that message that you just preached by yourself ?

It says in Revelation that all people who have lived form the dawn of time will get a chance to hear the gospel. So what if some of the Muslim people spent half thier lives praying and fasting and hating north american debachery ?

-- Can you run that by me again.
Linguistically, it is way too early in the day to figure out what you were TRYING to say.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
-- Can you run that by me again.
Linguistically, it is way too early in the day to figure out what you were TRYING to say.

Sorry about that I was busy reading in scandinavian all night, about that horrific shooting. The grammar rules are much different.

I was just wondering if there is a verse that backs up what you said about Jesus being the only way to please God. I guess the point I was trying to make is that at revalation and the events surrounding it will make it possible for non-belivers to convert.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Sorry about that I was busy reading in scandinavian all night, about that horrific shooting. The grammar rules are much different.

I was just wondering if there is a verse that backs up what you said about Jesus being the only way to please God. I guess the point I was trying to make is that at revalation and the events surrounding it will make it possible for non-belivers to convert.

-- No problem. It is horrendous what happened there. It is hard to comprehend.

Actually, I didn't say "Jesus was the only way to please God." I said "Jesus is the only way to salvation."
I guess, when I think about it, they can indeed be seen as the same thing.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

As far as the possibility of making it possible for "non-believers to convert," absolutely.

One of the reasons that the events leading up to the end of times are documents (besides to encourage followers) is so that those searching will be able to see for themselves and have the chance to follow Christ.

But at the end of the Tribulation, when Christ returns with his followers, filling the sky, it will be too late to suddenly join the team.