Thinking....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't disagreeing with nor arguing your point. In fact, I agree.

It was just what came to mind reading your post. No offense intended.

I apologize. In my haste I responded without noticing who I was responding to. Please forgive me.

Now I feel bad...
giphy.gif

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I apologize. In my haste I responded without noticing who I was responding to. Please forgive me. Now I feel bad...

Nothing to apologize or feel bad about. If there was anything to forgive, it was forgiven before I replied. For I understood.

I recognize in part where you are and what you have received for being there. I do understand.

Much love unto you. For I felt bad that I had given you cause for offense. And I did not relish that either of us spend a night with that.

May a blessing be upon your home and your head ...

Reactions: Helen, pia and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to apologize or feel bad about. If there was anything to forgive, it was forgiven before I replied. For I understood.

I recognize in part where you are and what you have received for being there. I do understand.

Much love unto you. For I felt bad that I had given you cause for offense. And I did not relish that either of us spend a night with that.

May a blessing be upon your home and your head ...

Thanks man...
stick_figures_hand_shake_anim_md_wm.gif

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course there are, but like I said, it doesn't say that faith was of no concern in any of them. Even unbelievers sins can be forgiven If I am to believe "ByGraces" nephew. Can an unbelievers sins be forgiven? Does the chicken or egg come first?

Many of the people Jesus healed had no idea who He was, so I don't believe they can be labeled as nonbelievers.

That's just my opinion...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of the people Jesus healed had no idea who He was, so I don't believe they can be labeled as nonbelievers.

That's just my opinion...

But they were Jews right? That's what I mean by them being believers. Its not like he went around preaching the gospel to a bunch of pagans and atheist's. That was a task Jesus reserved later specifically for Paul only.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe it is both?
Depending what our maturity is, and what the Lord is trying to teach us in our life at the time?
Luke 7:12 "And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
16 Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen up among us”; and,“God has visited His people.”
No faith required here.
Yet in some scripture it seems Jesus responds by healing a person because He sees their faith in Him. Interesting.
So...it doesn't seem like an "either or scenario" .