Third Temple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
You are right, John wrote Revelation AFTER the Roman destruction of the 2nd Temple. Why do you deny a 3rd Temple?
The last 1260 days, or 42 months, or 3.5 years is the final period before the Return. It is the time of the Great Tribulation, that will be triggered by the leader of the One World Govt sitting in the Temple. The two witnesses will preach in that time as well.
For obvious reasons. The temple was part of the OLD covenant. We are NOW under the NEW covenant and have been ever since Jesus died and was resurrected. ALL things were fulfilled by Him so the OC not longer exists, Levites no longer exist and God does not nor will He EVER dwell in a man made temple.
Do you even know who the 2 witnesses are, and WHAT they will do?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
I looked up your scriptures. In no way do they preclude a new earthly Temple.
What John saw was a picture of the future earthly Temple. Ezekiel saw it too.
I didn't say they did. They are basically what John saw in the spiritual realm in Heaven, because all things on earth are COPIES of things in heaven. You seem to not really get what Luke is teaching in Hebrews? What John SAW was a spiritual revelation of things to come. Ezekiel's prophecies were about the second temple, NOT the 3rd as there will not be a 3rd.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The teaching of Jesus was that His followers would be a spiritual Temple on earth, in lieu of a physical Temple for the Church age.
But there is another age to come. Remember God required a Temple twice before. He does not change and when His righteous people go to live in all of the Holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, they will also be required to build a new Temple as Ezekiel 40-48 amply describes. God's glory will again enter and reside there. Ezekiel 43:2
Read carefully Isaiah 66:15-21, especially verse 21.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
The teaching of Jesus was that His followers would be a spiritual Temple on earth, in lieu of a physical Temple for the Church age.
But there is another age to come. Remember God required a Temple twice before. He does not change and when His righteous people go to live in all of the Holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, they will also be required to build a new Temple as Ezekiel 40-48 amply describes. God's glory will again enter and reside there. Ezekiel 43:2
Read carefully Isaiah 66:15-21, especially verse 21.
Yes there is, but not one that involves a physical temple building. God doesn't go backwards. Ezekiel is indeed speaking of Israel when he talks about "His flock" here, but that is ONE of TWO flocks that Jesus mentioned in John 10, and they will become ONE flock eventually.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
StanJ said:
Yes there is, but not one that involves a physical temple building. God doesn't go backwards. Ezekiel is indeed speaking of Israel when he talks about "His flock" here, but that is ONE of TWO flocks that Jesus mentioned in John 10, and they will become ONE flock eventually.
God doesn't go backward, nor does He change. He will require a new Temple when His righteous people all live in the Holy Land. You have to ignore many prophesies to deny this.
What Jesus is talking about in John 10, is the great rejoining of Judah and Israel. Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-6 Judah are the Jews and Israel are the Western Christian peoples, mostly descended from the ten tribes. This rejoining happen soon after the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, that will virtually depopulate the entire ME region. Amos 9:5 & 11-12, Psalm 69:22:36, Isaiah 54, Jeremiah 33:12-13

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't go badkwards?

No. God doesn't change.

There is nothing wrong with a Temple per se. Not only did God ordain it with Moses, there's one in Heaven right now!

The Jews will rebuild the Temple with the help of the Gentiles.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
God doesn't go backward, nor does He change. He will require a new Temple when His righteous people all live in the Holy Land. You have to ignore many prophesies to deny this.
What Jesus is talking about in John 10, is the great rejoining of Judah and Israel. Ezekiel 37, Jeremiah 50:4-6 Judah are the Jews and Israel are the Western Christian peoples, mostly descended from the ten tribes. This rejoining happen soon after the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, that will virtually depopulate the entire ME region. Amos 9:5 & 11-12, Psalm 69:22:36, Isaiah 54, Jeremiah 33:12-13
Rev 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
StanJ said:
Rev 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
Stan, I have to wonder at your Bible understanding. Quoting a situation that will be AFTER the Millennium, hardly makes your case. In fact, because John mentions that for eternity there will be no Temple, means that before that time there WILL be a Temple.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Marcus. I bet if you asked K and S if GodJesus is finished with the jewish state and Israel and they have nothing to do with bible prophecy anymore> they will say YES! They are preterists and their apostate minds cant wrap around a third temple! even if the bible says yes there will be a third temple! Enjoy

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
What is preterism? This theory argues that all Bible prophecy has been fulfilled; it states that nothing remains on the prophetic calendar. According to preterism, events like the rise of the Antichrist, the tribulation, the rapture, and the Day of the Lord all took place around 70 AD, the year the Romans invaded Jerusalem and destroyed the second Temple.
I just cannot understand how anyone can follow a preterist line of thinking in light of current world events. As in many cases, pride is one of the most common reasons people begin following doctrinal error. They believe that they are part of a special group that has discovered a hidden truth. Never mind the fact that millions of people have joined them in supporting their folly.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
blessedhope said:
Marcus. I bet if you asked K and S if GodJesus is finished with the jewish state and Israel and they have nothing to do with bible prophecy anymore> they will say YES! They are preterists and their apostate minds cant wrap around a third temple! even if the bible says yes there will be a third temple! Enjoy
What I believe is way different from what you think I believe. It would be nice if you retracted your false statements about others here.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Prove me Wrong > Give me a thread on what the jewish people and the state of Israel have to do with bible prophecy !

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And some people use this to deny the third temple that just does not wash but they think these are big words
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. These people can not divide the words of the bible to bible prophecy at all because of their own lusts and bad theology!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Yes we are Jew and Gentile Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple but this has nothing to do with bible prophecy and the third temple! If you want to mouth OFF>lets get it right. Enjoy Your Slip is showing sorry your apostasy.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Really> tell me why!. did I swear at you or something ? I have come from reading your threads that your a preterists , that I see you will not deny and I think that is heresy!