This generation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why the question? Because I’ve considered the same question and (right or wrong) for me I would say distinctly two generations. ‘This generation’…yet Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world (age)to come…

2 Corinthians 6:7-10 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

To be clear which I struggle with so much.How I have a family, and generations including my grandma, grandpa, mother, father, children, grandchildren; then by marriage all my husbands generation…

but then what of the friend that came by last night to give me a devotional she bought for me with an inscription on the inside that read: from your sister in Christ.

I am sorry Vicky, I still do not understand what you are asking. The generation Jesus was referring to in Mat 24, was referring to the time he became King till the end of this system. The generation is actually referring to his spiritual brothers as well, anointed ones, his bride.

We believe Jesus received the crown in 1914, and that was the starting point, all those anointed until the death of the parental generation would be of that generation. We are unsure when the last one of the parental generation died, but we think it could have been in the 70's if I remember correctly. So the generation is quite elderly, we believe the time for the outbreak of the tribulation is near at hand.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry Vicky, I still do not understand what you are asking. The generation Jesus was referring to in Mat 24, was referring to the time he became King till the end of this system

‘till the end of this system’ if any be a new creature, old things are passed away, all things become new in Christ? Makes me consider ‘and then the end comes’ ‘the end of this system’.

We believe Jesus received the crown in 1914, and that was the starting point, all those anointed until the death of the parental generation would be of that generation.

I’m not aware the significance of 1914…why that year? What makes 1914 special or distinct?

We are unsure when the last one of the parental generation died, but we think it could have been in the 70's if I remember correctly.

again why: it could have been in the 70’s? Assuming that is speculative and I’m unfamiliar with the source…

you said “I’m sorry Vicky, I still do not understand what you are asking?”

I’m not sure I’m asking anything but only sharing an observation whether it is right or wrong. The question was how many generations …where you gave an perspective of how many (3) or (5) you suggested? and I gave a perspective. To be clearer: (Imo) there seems to be a distinct turning point in the time or age where someone fulfills all the lust of the flesh, going about in their own ways and thoughts. And an age where things take an abrupt turn: those ways, thoughts, lust…not so appealing any longer. Even in churches today, unless I’ve misunderstood there is a distinct pointing to ‘a date’ or ‘a time’ one turned from following after the flesh to follow after God. What or when was the date of your salvation they ask…”when did you get saved?”(Only an opinion) but there are two distinct time periods even pushed there(for me): an before you came to Christ and an after. No other but before…and after. There is even a place in bibles for that supposed date of one being removed from ‘this world’ or ‘this age’ and as one counted worthy to receive ‘the resurrection’ Luke 20:35-36 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world(age), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

To be straightforward I’m asking you (or at least attempting to get you to consider) what is the difference of ages for you? What do you promote as being before Christ, and after He was revealed unto you? Why (3) why (5) or not simply before returning to God and after returning? was there ‘a time’ or ‘an age’ of ignorance, unbelief, and hardness? Otherwise how- come: Praise God, who saved this sinner from his destructive ways!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘till the end of this system’ if any be a new creature, old things are passed away, all things become new in Christ? Makes me consider ‘and then the end comes’ ‘the end of this system’.

I’m not aware the significance of 1914…why that year? What makes 1914 special or distinct?

again why: it could have been in the 70’s? Assuming that is speculative and I’m unfamiliar with the source…

you said “I’m sorry Vicky, I still do not understand what you are asking?”

I’m not sure I’m asking anything but only sharing an observation whether it is right or wrong. The question was how many generations …where you gave an perspective of how many (3) or (5) you suggested? and I gave a perspective. To be clearer: (Imo) there seems to be a distinct turning point in the time or age where someone fulfills all the lust of the flesh, going about in their own ways and thoughts. And an age where things take an abrupt turn: those ways, thoughts, lust…not so appealing any longer. Even in churches today, unless I’ve misunderstood there is a distinct pointing to ‘a date’ or ‘a time’ one turned from following after the flesh to follow after God. What or when was the date of your salvation they ask…”when did you get saved?”(Only an opinion) but there are two distinct time periods even pushed there(for me): an before you came to Christ and an after. No other but before…and after. There is even a place in bibles for that supposed date of one being removed from ‘this world’ or ‘this age’ and as one counted worthy to receive ‘the resurrection’ Luke 20:35-36 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world(age), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

To be straightforward I’m asking you (or at least attempting to get you to consider) what is the difference of ages for you? What do you promote as being before Christ, and after He was revealed unto you? Why (3) why (5) or not simply before returning to God and after returning? was there ‘a time’ or ‘an age’ of ignorance, unbelief, and hardness? Otherwise how- come: Praise God, who saved this sinner from his destructive ways!

I Googled the oldest living individual maam, which is 118 yrs old. The oldest dead one recently recorded is 122 yrs. Based on Gen 6:3 I consider the life span of an individual to be 120 yrs *for most considerably less Ps 90:10).

A simple explanation of how we came up with 1914:
As recorded at Luke 21:24, Jesus said: “Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations [“the times of the Gentiles,” King James Version] are fulfilled.” Jerusalem had been the capital city of the Jewish nation—the seat of rulership of the line of kings from the house of King David. (Psalm 48:1, 2) However, these kings were unique among national leaders. They sat on “Jehovah’s throne” as representatives of God himself. (1 Chronicles 29:23) Jerusalem was thus a symbol of Jehovah’s rulership.

How and when, though, did God’s rulership begin to be “trampled on by the nations”? This happened in 607 B.C.E. when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians. “Jehovah’s throne” became vacant, and the line of kings who descended from David was interrupted. (2 Kings 25:1-26) Would this ‘trampling’ go on forever? No, for the prophecy of Ezekiel said regarding Jerusalem’s last king, Zedekiah: “Remove the turban, and take off the crown. . . . It will not belong to anyone until the one who has the legal right comes, and I will give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) “The one who has the legal right” to the Davidic crown is Christ Jesus. (Luke 1:32, 33) So the ‘trampling’ would end when Jesus became King.
When would that grand event occur? Jesus showed that the Gentiles would rule for a fixed period of time. The account in Daniel chapter 4 holds the key to knowing how long that period would last. It relates a prophetic dream experienced by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He saw a tree of enormous height that was chopped down. Its stump could not grow because it was banded with iron and copper. An angel declared: “Let seven times pass over it.”—Daniel 4:10-16.
In the Bible, trees are sometimes used to represent rulership. (Ezekiel 17:22-24; 31:2-5) So the chopping down of the symbolic tree represents how God’s rulership, as expressed through the kings at Jerusalem, would be interrupted. However, the vision served notice that this ‘trampling of Jerusalem’ would be temporary—a period of “seven times.” How long a period is that?

Revelation 12:6, 14 indicates that three and a half times equal “1,260 days.” “Seven times” would therefore last twice as long, or 2,520 days. But the Gentile nations did not stop ‘trampling’ on God’s rulership a mere 2,520 days after Jerusalem’s fall. Evidently, then, this prophecy covers a much longer period of time. On the basis of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6, which speak of “a day for a year,” the “seven times” would cover 2,520 years.

The 2,520 years began in October 607 B.C.E., when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians and the Davidic king was taken off his throne. The period ended in October 1914. At that time, “the appointed times of the nations” ended, and Jesus Christ was installed as God’s heavenly King.—Psalm 2:1-6; Daniel 7:13, 14.

Just as Jesus predicted, his “presence” as heavenly King has been marked by dramatic world developments—war, famine, earthquakes, pestilences. (Matthew 24:3-8; Luke 21:11) Such developments bear powerful testimony to the fact that 1914 indeed marked the birth of God’s heavenly Kingdom and the beginning of “the last days” of this present wicked system of things.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Why do I believe we entered into the last days in 1914, Mat 24:6,7 WW#1 did it for me.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
likely Noach being told that the flood was coming in 120 years

Yes sir, and that is what we teach as Jehovah's witnesses. History shows that since the days of Moses, mans max life span is around the 120 yr mark. Interestingly people think we are living longer now, but Moses penned Ps 90:10 about 3500 yrs ago, and said a mans avg life span is 70 to 80 and that still holds true today.