This Is An Outrage!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I saw this on our news yesterday. He did have a gun but had dropped it. He was also putting his hands in the air. When do they say ‘ enough is enough ‘ and actually start training the officers in how to deal with reactions when faced with these difficult situations. I have heard that they get little training, very basic.
The youngster posed no threat when they shot him, so why did they fire ?
It was only the other day that an officer killed someone accidentally, she intended to tazer but messed up and pulled her gun by mistake. Now a life has been lost, she has lost a career and faces jail. Good training would help the police as well as it’s their lives that are impacted too. Rita

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I saw this on our news yesterday. He did have a gun but had dropped it. He was also putting his hands in the air. When do they say ‘ enough is enough ‘ and actually start training the officers in how to deal with reactions when faced with these difficult situations. I have heard that they get little training, very basic.
It was only the other day that an officer killed someone accidentally, she intended to tazer but messed up and pulled her gun by mistake. Now a life has been lost, she has lost a career and faces jail. Good training would help the police as well as it’s their lives that are impacted too. Rita
Absolutely agree, these incidents were far far less in numbers 30 to 40 years ago. They have got to get better more in depth training.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

They join the police automatically get handed a gun, and so may of them are trigger happy probably because they are afraid. Our armed police are a special unit with special training and that makes a big difference.

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you view the footage of the plice cam you will see the kid had a gun and was drawing it from his back area.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you view the footage of the plice cam you will see the kid had a gun and was drawing it from his back area.

Really? It looked like he was dropping it in this video and doing what he was told. :/

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God have mercy.

Why did a 13 year old have a gun?

This is the source of the problem, not police officers who are quick to shoot because they are in the line of fire. It’s outrageous to put a man on the front lines and play Monday morning quarterback. If a police officer is one second too late to shoot, he’s dead.

Last edited:

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the source of the problem, not police officer who are quick to shoot because they are in the line of fire. It’s outrageous to put a man on the front lines and play Monday morning quarterback. If a police officer is one second too late to shoot, he’s dead.
Totally agree.

Let's not forget, too, that it's Chicago where killings happen every single day, the city is crime ridden. When will Chicago start making their criminals accountable. It is very unfortunate about this 13 year old, why did he have a gun? Why is he out and about with a gun?

If you are doing something ILLEGAL (especially in Chicago), your life is on the line. Stop doing the crime!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People call for more POLICE Training.

Personlly, I believe it is the PEOPLE who LACK the Training.

The Age doesn't matter. Anyone in the Public domain, street, parks, stores, public building, public transportation...
* ARE UTTERLY IGNORANT of SAFELY responding to a Police Officers Direction & Demands.
* Children roaming at dark, are suspect, for their own safety...lost, sleepwalking, runaway, purpose for being unattended, escaping abuse, emergency...
* Adults / Children... running from, throwing things at, hiding hands from, carrying illegal items, defying Officers Directions and Commands, arguing with an Officer....
* is an immediate WAY to put a Police Officer ON THE DEFENSE, From Protecting the Person, to Protecting Himself.

People ARE IGNORANT.
People intentionally PUT themselves IN situations, that at any moment, "they become a Threat to another person", and then are surprised that another person Protects themselves from the Threat.

Any person, Police Officer or not, Reacts to a Threat, in Defense of their own self.
See a person on your Property at night, gun in hand... In a split second, Are you going to protect yourself or quiz them?
I believe it is my right to protect myself and my Property, and it is the duty of a Police Officer to protect the Public Domain while maintaining his right to protect himself.

It is too bad, sad, when People are injured or killed, by a Police Office.
It is really too bad, sad, How Ignorant People are.
13 yr old, on the street, 2:30 am, dark of night, gun in pocket, hand on gun...and doesn't know HOW to SAFELY respond to a Police Officer.

I do not agree, the shooting death of the child in question, was murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the source of the problem, not police officers who are quick to shoot because they are in the line of fire. It’s outrageous to put a man on the front lines and play Monday morning quarterback. If a police officer is one second too late to shoot, he’s dead.

This response is directed to both you and Taken,... he dropped the gun when asked and was surrendering at that. It's not like when that kid Tamir Rice was waving his gun around, this child was more than happy to comply. Although I agree that police have to be careful when their lives are on the line, they also have to use good judgement.

The child didn't use good judgement being out there so late at night with a gun, but neither did the person or persons that gunned him down. Again, I repeat,.. what happened to the parents and parenting and where was it present in this story? How much did the child know right from wrong? And did the parents even know what was going on with their child? That's what I would really like to know because somewhere along the line they probably share the blame for the incident as well.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This response is directed to both you and Taken,... he dropped the gun when asked and was surrendering at that. It's not like when that kid Tamir Rice was waving his gun around, this child was more than happy to comply. Although I agree that police have to be careful when their lives are on the line, they also have to use good judgement.

The child didn't use good judgement being out there so late at night with a gun, but neither did the person or persons that gunned him down. Again, I repeat,.. what happened to the parents and parenting and where was it present in this story? How much did the child know right from wrong? And did the parents even know what was going on with their child? That's what I would really like to know because somewhere along the line they probably share the blame for the incident as well.

And the officer is supposed to know this in a slit second? Again, if the officer waits to be sure, he’s dead.

Reactions: Triumph1300

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the officer is supposed to know this in a slit second? Again, if the officer waits to be sure, he’s dead.

So, that means you can't even give the child time to drop the gun which he was clearly doing in the video? They probably had their guns raised and cocked just in case he was going to start firing. That's how it is at least in all of the TV shows and movies that I've seen.

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree. The reason is that there are powers that want Americans to hate the police so that the feds can sweep in and take control, my theory anyway.

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This response is directed to both you and Taken,... he dropped the gun when asked and was surrendering at that

No, looking at it again he threw the gun behind the fence were the officer could not see. Put yourself in that life and death situation and you yell "Drop the gun!!!" yet the prep doesn't drop it but throw it behind a fence where you don't see it (your camera caught it but you didn't) and brings his hand up like he is going to shot. Are you going to shot or possibly let a prep kill you? Don't think but answer right now. You see in a life and death situation an officer has to respond in a heartbeat or could end up dead.

We should never ever second guess a police officer in the line of duty until we put ourselves in a similar situation.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely agree, these incidents were far far less in numbers 30 to 40 years ago

I think we did not hear about it 40 years ago.
These days we have internet and the news these days has gone mostly radical left wing.
We don't see or hear news these days, all we hear are opinions.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People need to obey the police.
It's THAT simple.
When people argue and fight they ask for trouble.
Most officers are doing their job decently.
Any error they make is blown all over the news for days on end.