This is What I watch To Relax

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what i read to relax , The glorious bible .
Nothing gives me peace as does the truth of the LORD .
A billion singers could sing the songs of this world and what a sound it could have , YET i could not have peace within that sound .
But if one fellow sings praise to the LORD , i find MUCH PEACE in that song . There simply is no rest for my soul
lest that rest cometh of GOD and points to HE ALONE , to CHRIST ALONE .
YET what a great peace that gives . A peace this world knows not . FOR IT is a peace that the worst of circumstances cannot take from me .
A man could sit in the most well built house with singers singing all the day of wordly sounds , Yet my soul could have no peace
even in the simpliest of times .
And yet if a lamb be put in prison and the sounds of harsh words come against it , YET the peace of GOD would give that lamb rest
no matter what comes or came against it . YET every WORD of the LORD giveth HOPE and peace unto
the hearer and the doer of said words . JESUS alone gives me peace , but in the flesh and things of this world i find no peace , nor rest
only a weariness of my soul . I PRAY TO GOD many will learn this very fast .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is what i read to relax , The glorious bible .
Nothing gives me peace as does the truth of the LORD .
A billion singers could sing the songs of this world and what a sound it could have , YET i could not have peace within that sound .
But if one fellow sings praise to the LORD , i find MUCH PEACE in that song . There simply is no rest for my soul
lest that rest cometh of GOD and points to HE ALONE , to CHRIST ALONE .
YET what a great peace that gives . A peace this world knows not . FOR IT is a peace that the worst of circumstances cannot take from me .
A man could sit in the most well built house with singers singing all the day of wordly sounds , Yet my soul could have no peace
even in the simpliest of times .
And yet if a lamb be put in prison and the sounds of harsh words come against it , YET the peace of GOD would give that lamb rest
no matter what comes or came against it . YET every WORD of the LORD giveth HOPE and peace unto
the hearer and the doer of said words . JESUS alone gives me peace , but in the flesh and things of this world i find no peace , nor rest
only a weariness of my soul . I PRAY TO GOD many will learn this very fast .
John 14.27 is a great verse......

Reactions: amigo de christo

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when i lived in Nothern C.A. we had fireplaces in our house & i would hang up my stocking even though i was in my teens i still hung up the stocking lol, i like the Christmas Yule Log & the Christmas music i think i have that on a DVD

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when i lived in Nothern C.A. we had fireplaces in our house & i would hang up my stocking even though i was in my teens i still hung up the stocking lol, i like the Christmas Yule Log & the Christmas music i think i have that on a DVD
After i tell you what YULE means you wont like it . Its a pagan celebration that honors pagan gods .
Most folks dont know this . Ancient yuletide . Now that we do know it lets cast that aside . Be encouraged my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another one...:Broadly:

There is this odd and strange sound in the video . IS that what rain sounds like ...................LOL
try living in west texas , about the only sound we hear in the summer is the yipes from small dogs
when they step out from under the shade and into the sun light . LOL . ITS HOT HERE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found a new video that makes me happy. So peaceful and relaxed...:). Perhaps I'm just a people watcher.

I used to watch Steve Irwin and that relaxed me, then it was Bear Grills. And they both risked their lives for entertainment. But I liked the surroundings of nature and finding out about animals and such. I catch myself watching shows that have good natural scenery.

Reactions: Brakelite

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one of my fondest memories of Christmas as a child. The love of the family that Christmas was so special that it carried with me as my happiest memory and I was 3-4 years old.

Reactions: shortangel

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After i tell you what YULE means you wont like it . Its a pagan celebration that honors pagan gods .
Most folks dont know this . Ancient yuletide . Now that we do know it lets cast that aside . Be encouraged my friend .
Amigo, perhaps you could save your Christmas discussion for a debate thread where experienced brethren and sisters could weigh in and discuss your opinions. A quick search yielded uncertainty as to the origins of the Yule log. Yule log - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Screenshot_20220825-053449_Photos.jpg
My wife and I bought a new house in April that does not have a fireplace. They do seem to be phasing them out. We bought a large TV stand for our 70' TV that came with a built in electric fireplace and space heater and we put it in the basement. It has multiple settings for flame colors. We find it relaxing, along with 4K videos of vacation destinations on our big screen TV. :cool:

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I live in a mobile home. I can't have a fireplace.
There is a cottage on the property I live on.
My dad put the roof on it the same night man walked on the moon.
Or so it was announced.. anywhooo..
I can't get into the cottage. The years have really taken a toll on the structure.
In the livingroom, which was converted from a porch, there is a beautiful fireplace.
I wish it was accessable. I live basically in the forest (not that I can chop wood)
but it would be an alternative once heating costs begin to spike.
You know they will be.
And I live in Maine, and the winter's are frosty.

It's so nice to sit in front of a fire even if it is ...
what's the word?
imitation...
my mind is going numb lol
Thank You for sharing
Hugs
Have you thought about a fire pit? Do you have a friend who can make you one for basically nothing from the stainless steel drum from an old washing machine, throw it on a stand, sit it at your back door with a small coffee table and chair, and...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
View attachment 25440
My wife and I bought a new house in April that does not have a fireplace. They do seem to be phasing them out. We bought a large TV stand for our 70' TV that came with a built in electric fireplace and space heater and we put it in the basement. It has multiple settings for flame colors. We find it relaxing, along with 4K videos of vacation destinations on our big screen TV. :cool:
Good way of doing it.................. :)

Reactions: mailmandan

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
On Christmas eve, I like to leave this video going till morning. It's summer in NZ during the Christmas season but I would still rather be nice and cosy at home in front of a open fire while it is cold or wintery outside.

Warm picture....... :)