This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually have seen this (semi-gnostic) claim several times in other forums. The claim is that Jesus's flesh was not real "flesh" because Jesus could not sin. Thus, Jesus was fully divine but not fully human.
John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16; Colossians 2.9: The two natures, Divine and human, in one glorious Person.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, don't agree with you
I knew somehow it was a mistake walking, or trying to walk with you and here is where you and I part ways.
J.

Yes, that would probably be best. You need to find others who are as holy as you. You shouldn’t hang out with fishermen or painters.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another character trait I have observed, a strong self will and do not want to be corrected.
J.

You will correct me on what is the proper way to talk with my Lord and to pray? I must use certain words or He won’t hear me? I must use certain thees, thous, and many superfluous words or you disapprove of me? Tsk!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about this prayer? Lord, please cast this spirit of religiosity from this thread and protect us from it.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You will correct me on what is the proper way to talk with my Lord and to pray? I must use certain words or He won’t hear me? I must use certain thees, thous, and many superfluous words or you disapprove of me? Tsk!
The ego eimi still very much on the throne, don't dance with me, dance with your cliché, the love all, offend none Lolling party.
By the grace of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus I am still running this race, my eyes firmly fixed upon Christ laying aside all impediments and hindrances that would rob me of my reward.
Peace to you and family.
J.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ego eimi still very much on the throne, don't dance with me, dance with your cliché, the love all, offend none Lolling party.
By the grace of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus I am still running this race, my eyes firmly fixed upon Christ laying aside all impediments and hindrances that would rob me of my reward.
Peace to you and family.
J.

Blah, blah, blah. Honestly!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How about this prayer? Lord, please cast this spirit of religiosity from this thread and protect us from it.
Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

I joined this Christian Forum to be edified, how about you?
J.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another character trait I have observed, a strong self will and do not want to be corrected.
J.

There are many men, and women, in here who I will listen to and be corrected by. But the spirit you’ve been speaking by, no, never.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What wisdom? I have allowed my ego to put myself in the position to be used by the spirit that inhabits these boards as a sower of discord. Honestly, that was never my intent. But we know what is paved with good intentions.

You did not do that. You discerned the spirit and I am the one who did something wrong because I knew what that spirits reaction to you outing him would be so I tried to coddle him! Never again. I’ve learned something valuable here.
That wasn’t your ego, that was good discernment.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"For unto which of the angels said God at any time, “Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee”? And again, “I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son”? Heb. 1:5
Cherubim, Seraphim, Archangels are STILL ANGELS o_O

This is true.
And what this issue is.....is HOW God is a Father to Humans, who are born again, but is not this regarding Angels.

In Genesis 6, and in Job 1 and 2, Angels are referred to as "sons of God."
Some cults run wild with these verses, proving that they can't understand the word, and will never, but they can deceive you., and have deceived so many.

So, thats a problem, theologically, for these JWs and other such Heretics, as they read the bible, having no ability to discern it or rightly divide the word.

Here is how to see this...

God said..(Genesis) let us make man in OUR Image.....(our likeness)...(like us)......US, is God the Creator, and Jesus the pre-incarnate WORD.
There is your "OUR"'...= image".
This is why Jesus said about man......."know ye not that ye are gods"?
See that? That is a SON of God, which is to be a part of God's Spirit, originally created as a Human... the 1st Adam.
Angels are not this, at all. They are a different type of being, Satan included, with freewill, belonging to this class..."The HOST of Heaven".
They have supernatural power, they never marry, and they can't be born again.

Reactions: Nancy