This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Antichrist.
No. I don't have time tonight but will come back to it tomorrow. Short version...
Satan impersonates Christ and His second coming...
The Antichrist while being a counterfeit Christ is in a different time frame and is an institution, not an individual be it man, beast, or angel. Now that's thrown this thread into a geyser, I'll think about how best to continue. :cool:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I don't have time tonight but will come back to it tomorrow. Short version...
The Antichrist while being a counterfeit Christ is in a different time frame and is an institution, not an individual be it man, beast, or angel. Now that's thrown this thread into a geyser, I'll think about how best to continue. :cool:

I’ll have to wait then because I have no idea what you’ve tried to convey here. Im thinking I won’t agree with what you’re going to say but you never know until you hear someone’s thoughts!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you Preterist?
Sounds like you're saying Christ has ALREADY come, might be wrong, on this platform anything is possible.
J.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And when, as the verse says, he made Himself nothing and took on a human form and became a servant, it was true. He, in that human form, could do nothing without the Holy Spirit. He told the truth about that.
Son to servant NOT God to servant. Reign it in Stunned!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
hmm…a clue to what? We should expect counterfeits.
1Jn 4:1 Chaverim, do not believe every ruach. [YIRMEYAH 29:8] But test the ruchot (spirits), if they be of Hashem, because many nevi'ei sheker have gone out into the Olam Hazeh

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
δοκιμάζω

Part of Speech: Verb
Tense: Present
Voice: Active
Mood: iMperative See the Imperative SBG?
Person: second [you+]
Number: Plural

J.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 4:1 Chaverim, do not believe every ruach. [YIRMEYAH 29:8] But test the ruchot (spirits), if they be of Hashem, because many nevi'ei sheker have gone out into the Olam Hazeh

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
δοκιμάζω

J.

Nah, I just get confused with stuff like this. Why are you quoting scripture in Hebrew that was written in Greek? I don’t understand the purpose of that…

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

δοκιμάζω

J.

But I did notice something the other day. No Christian says Jesus didn’t come in human form. Heck, no Muslim says it either! I’ve never heard a single Christian say Jesus did not come in human form. So as a test, John didn’t give us a good one. Or did he…? Because John is the same one that said, and He WAS God. So I think he meant anyone one who says God did not come in human form.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in your view what does it mean to take on the form of a servant?

If you are God, it means this:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with Godsomething to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have given you the English version, can't you read?
J.
Yes, you did. But you also gave a Hebrew translation from the greek which I didn’t understand why, that’s all.

And at any rate, I get confused by the whole Greek thing too. So even if quoting it in a Hebrew translation wasn’t puzzling to me, the Greek still would be. Although…I seem to get some understanding when Lambano explains the Greek…and I get my mind seriously blown when epi explains the OT Hebrew! He leaves me speechless many times!

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I did notice something the other day. No Christian says Jesus didn’t come in human form. Heck, no Muslim says it either! I’ve never heard a single Christian say Jesus did not come in human form. So as a test, John didn’t give us a good one. Or did he…? Because John is the same one that said, and He WAS God. So I think he meant anyone one who says God did not come in human form.
I actually have seen this (semi-gnostic) claim several times in other forums. The claim is that Jesus's flesh was not real "flesh" because Jesus could not sin. Thus, Jesus was fully divine but not fully human.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually have seen this (semi-gnostic) claim several times in other forums. The claim is that Jesus's flesh was not real "flesh" because Jesus could not sin. Thus, Jesus was fully divine but not fully human.

Id say that, in our struggle to grasp it, that is a more common mistake, rather than the opposite mistake that we see in here…

But it’s another instance of there being ditches on both sides of a road.

Reactions: Lambano