Those Who Diligently Seek Me Shall Find Me.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is God’s-promise; that all those who diligently seek me shall indeed, find me.

The point of this thread is to hone in on the ‘way’, by discussing precisely what seeking is, and why diligence is most relevant, as it relates to finding.

Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is God’s-promise; that all those who diligently seek me shall indeed, find me.

The point of this thread is to hone in on the ‘way’, by discussing precisely what seeking is, and why diligence is most relevant, as it relates to finding.
Good subject, we don't see this talked about often.

The simple meaning of "diligently"
Dil·i·gent·ly
/ˈdiləjən(t)lē/
adverb

• 1. in a way that shows care and conscientiousness in one's work or duties:"he spends his nights diligently working on his dissertation"

diligent

adjective

dil·i·gent ˈdi-lə-jənt

: characterized by steady, earnest, and energetic effort : PAINSTAKING
a diligent worker.

And, this is not a "read the bible like a novel" description. We are instructed to literally dig into the scriptures with singlemindedness, prayer and focus. Not always an easy task.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
2 Timothy 2:15

Diligence is important, otherwise we are seeking Him in vain...IMHO! :)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). And praying means both speaking to the Lord and listening to what he is saying to us.