Thoughting again!....oh no, is that allowed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. If Michael is Jesus then Michael is God. But he isn't Jesus. Is Michael the JW's savior?
I thought to go directly to a JW source. :)
I made bold the part about Jesus.
Source: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archangel-jesus/

"Archangel. God’s Word refers to Michael “the archangel.” (Jude 9) This term means “chief angel.” Notice that Michael is called the archangel. This suggests that there is only one such angel. In fact, the term “archangel” occurs in the Bible only in the singular, never in the plural. Moreover, Jesus is linked with the office of archangel. Regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 states: “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” Thus the voice of Jesus is described as being that of an archangel. This scripture therefore suggests that Jesus himself is the archangel Michael."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought to go directly to a JW source. :)
I made bold the part about Jesus.
Source: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-teach/who-is-michael-the-archangel-jesus/

"Archangel. God’s Word refers to Michael “the archangel.” (Jude 9) This term means “chief angel.” Notice that Michael is called the archangel. This suggests that there is only one such angel. In fact, the term “archangel” occurs in the Bible only in the singular, never in the plural. Moreover, Jesus is linked with the office of archangel. Regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 states: “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” Thus the voice of Jesus is described as being that of an archangel. This scripture therefore suggests that Jesus himself is the archangel Michael."
So JW's believe Michael is their savior!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know any JW's personally so I have no idea.
Have you met any Christian pastors that admitted they're wrong about bible doctrine?
Or non-clergy members that do so?
I was referring to JW's on online forums. Good point. lol
But honestly I don't know of any "Christians" who twist the Bible nearly as much as Kingdom Hall. Not even close.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you say "STRAW MAN?"
You may be the straw man and you know what happens if you balspheme the Holy Spirit? You get fired.

Michael is not an angel, so no one here is claiming that an angel is God.
Archangel is an angel - but you can be in denial with all the rebuttals that have been given to you.
A parrot would be able to recognize Michael, he got wings too. I think you should get a pet parrot, one that says, "Jesus is not Michael, Michael has wings, Jesus did not!"
And no, I will not now a knee to Him.
Try it one more time, be careful with the spelling. We have to get you on record to say you will not bow a knee to Jesus!

Reactions: kcnalp

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we all agree Jesus is not, not ever could he be, Michael the Archangel?

Wouldn't that be a kind of demotion? For the messiah who as Jesus,Immanuel, was God incarnate.
Exactly, it is degrading and a dishonor to the Son. If you dishonor the Son, you dishonor the Father.
And if we were wrong, wouldn't the Holy Spirit correct some 95+ % of Chrisitans?

Reactions: Amazed@grace

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm talking about the guidance of the Holy Spirit. We see throughout history how He has guided us - praise God. We are right on course ... well most of us.
and does not Rome believe they are guided by the Spirit, the holy one at that? Numbers have always been used by man as evidence of being right. What if the whole world believed the wrong, would that make it right?