Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A Choice? .......Wrong once again...it is not a choice we make.
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat
lol, ok

i guess whatever choice you make...oh wait, i guess that won't work for you here huh lol. So then however you might like to put it, if you do not really eat and drink Christ, none of the rest much matters i guess

plenty of people in hell took communion their whole lives i s'pose

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can be about the communion ritual if you want it to be, i guess. I just read "they ate communal meals" there, "sharing their food with gladness," etc. Where's the wine, then? :)
My dear, dear, dear, confused bbyrd,

I guess you are right if you leave out every scripture passage that talks about having wine with communion. Throw out what doesn't fit your opinion and presto....like magic...you are right.

No one ever drinks anything with their meal...Do they? And the evidence we have from the 1st Century Christians in the Didache, who practiced what Scripture says, didn't drink wine during communion either...Did they? Bread and wine never mentioned together in scripture, is it?

You are the first biblical scholar in 2,000 years to figure that out. Congratulations.

Unless you have something significant to add other than your OPINIONS, I am done talking about this.

You make ZERO sense.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
daily bread is the real thing imo, not doing the holiday--"as oft as ye gather"--ritual every day. That to me would be like saying "i am taking daily communion with the understanding that i am missing the point."
Thank you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, ok

i guess whatever choice you make...oh wait, i guess that won't work for you here huh lol. So then however you might like to put it, if you do not really eat and drink Christ, none of the rest much matters i guess

plenty of people in hell took communion their whole lives i s'pose
Thank you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, because both are talking about the literal food that we eat to burn calories, and not communion, done by believers "as oft as they gather," 3 times a year at festivals. But i don't think even most Prot churches follow that either, at least not strictly? dunno
Thank you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nope, wrong once again.
it's a perspective, Mary, i am not claiming to be stating some absolute truth here, a Law that you are somehow bound to follow or something, because then i would be wrong. If communion every time you eat dinner seems right to you, then who am i. Some eat, and some refrain from eating. If meats offends some, refrain from meat around them. "Bread" could be inserted for "meat" there too i guess

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's a perspective, Mary, i am not claiming to be stating some absolute truth here, a Law that you are somehow bound to follow or something, because then i would be wrong. If communion every time you eat dinner seems right to you, then who am i. Some eat, and some refrain from eating. If meats offends some, refrain from meat around them. "Bread" could be inserted for "meat" there too i guess
Thank you.

I am stating an absolute truth. The truth that Jesus revealed:

You MUST eat my body and drink my blood if you want to have life in you.

He even put grreater importance on it by saying TRULY TRULY....

Communion every time you eat dinner....what are you talking about? (please don't answer).

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
however, Communion might also be made common, and thus profane though, so this should be contemplated imo
Everyone has an opinion.....your opinion does not negate what scripture says.

You make ZERO sense.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you could go find His body and dig it up if you must, but sorry Mary you missed it all.
Hi mrhealth,

You have no argument from me sir. It's what Jesus said....not me... go talk to Him about your bizarre statement.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, pretty sure there is a passage specific to this point, can't look now, sorry. Something about making what is holy, profane.
I look forward to your passage that is specific to my point.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi mrhealth,

You have no argument from me sir. It's what Jesus said....not me... go talk to Him about your bizarre statement.

Mary
Yes you just dont get it, revelation the bit that our Lord is building "His" ecclesia upon. comes from God not man.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I look forward to your passage that is specific to my point.

Mary
well, i can't even find "as often as ye gather" in search today lol, not sure what the deal is there, so i'll try again tomorrow, but really it seems our biggest disagreement might be whether "breaking bread"--a ritual that preceded communion--now equates to communion NT. It doesn't seem so to me, ergo my position @ "holy/common."

so maybe someone else will chime in here, too, wouldn't hurt to get some other perspectives

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you just dont get it, revelation the bit that our Lord is building "His" ecclesia upon. comes from God not man.
Hi mrhealth,

No...wrong once again. He is building his ecclesia upon Peter....Matthew 16:18.

Did you forget that part of the Bible?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i can't even find "as often as ye gather" in search today lol, not sure what the deal is there, so i'll try again tomorrow, but really it seems our biggest disagreement might be whether "breaking bread"--a ritual that preceded communion--now equates to communion NT. It doesn't seem so to me, ergo my position @ "holy/common."

so maybe someone else will chime in here, too, wouldn't hurt to get some other perspectives
Hi sir,

You can't find it because it's not there.

What we can find in scripture and early Christian historical writings is what we practice today. We do just what Jesus told us to do....well, at least some of us do.

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi sir,

You can't find it because it's not there.

What we can find in scripture and early Christian historical writings is what we practice today. We do just what Jesus told us to do....well, at least some of us do.

Mary
ha you never walked out your front door broke in your life, Mary, so don't kid yourself. You do what everyone else does, which is what your daddy taught you. Regardless of whether "as often as you gather" has been scribed out or whatever, the point is about making the holy into the common, and that is a decision you have to make for yourself.

If you want to take communion from perverts and call it holy, be my guest. Tbh i doubt that God even cares, it is what is in your heart that matters anyway, and what is in your heart is pretty obvious at this point

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha you never walked out your front door broke in your life, Mary, so don't kid yourself. You do what everyone else does, which is what your daddy taught you. Regardless of whether "as often as you gather" has been scribed out or whatever, the point is about making the holy into the common, and that is a decision you have to make for yourself.

If you want to take communion from perverts and call it holy, be my guest. Tbh i doubt that God even cares, it is what is in your heart that matters anyway, and what is in your heart is pretty obvious at this point
Hi bbyrd,

Jesus did what his daddy taught him. The Apostles did what they were taught by Jesus. The successors to the Apostles did what the Apostles taught them. The successors to the successors of the Apostles did what they were taught etc. etc. When did that teaching stop? Are YOU, bbyrd, practicing what the Apostles taught? Or am I? If your answer is neither, then who is? If you say no one then I would like to know when did Satan prevail against God's word here on earth? (Matthew 16:18)

Jesus gave holy communion to his Apostles....1 Corinthians 11:24...and said do this in remembrance of me. According to scripture the Apostles taught and continued that practice....just like Jesus told them to do. According to the earliest non-biblical Christian writings they continued the practice of Holy Communion long after the Apostles died. Do you partake in communion?

You seem to be one of those 'I can read the bible while sitting in my basement eating Doritos and figure the bible all out myself; I don't need a Church'. There are millions of "Christians" like you bbyrd. Are there any "perverts" among your ilk?

It's what is in my heart that matters? Really? So I DON"T have to obey the Ten Commandments and all the things Jesus told us to do as long as I have a good heart? Is that what scripture says?

Curious Mary

Last edited: