Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soory Mary that is teh whole like your religion is built on, you realy should read what is written, Revelation, yes you deny it as you have none.
Hi mrhealth,

Are you saying what is written in Revelation overrides anything written in Matthew?

Curious Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying what is written in Revelation overrides anything written in Matthew?
You really should read that bit about Peter before you cast such idiotic statements.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

But as I said you have none.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
more flies with honey, mjr :)
It's what is in my heart that matters? Really? So I DON"T have to obey the Ten Commandments and all the things Jesus told us to do as long as I have a good heart? Is that what scripture says?
imo one = the other, don't you think?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hi Bbyrd,

Your response is cryptic.

Are you agreeing with me that an atheist can have a good heart?

Mary
my response was Scriptural, Mary, and i am going to stay cryptic here because people can call themselves whatever they want; God is not listening to that, and neither am i. A person might ID as "atheist" for any number of reasons, and i am not interested in your pretty obvious conclusion here wadr

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the greatest force for schism(disunity) in the Church of God.
They boast in men (the Apostle Peter) and women (the virgin Mary), and many 'saints'.

1 Corinthians 3:3,4,21; 3. "...for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4. For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?"
21. "Therefore let no one boast in men...."

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my response was Scriptural, Mary, and i am going to stay cryptic here because people can call themselves whatever they want; God is not listening to that, and neither am i. A person might ID as "atheist" for any number of reasons, and i am not interested in your pretty obvious conclusion here wadr
And so unto this day our friend, bbyrd009 remains "cryptic". This may be equal to the way Jesus was when he spoke to people in parables. Without eyes to see and ears to hear, who could know?

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
7FfK1WM.png

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Church unity is a bit like honest politicians, never going to happen.... we are supposed to be united in Christ not mens religions and doctrines

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Church unity is a bit like honest politicians, never going to happen.... we are supposed to be united in Christ not mens religions and doctrines

Good, well said David :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the greatest force for schism(disunity) in the Church of God.
They boast in men (the Apostle Peter) and women (the virgin Mary), and many 'saints'.

1 Corinthians 3:3,4,21; 3. "...for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4. For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?"
21. "Therefore let no one boast in men...."
Hi tabletalk,

When did the first schism in The Church occur?

Mary

Reactions: GodsGrace

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Define ‘united in Christ’? How do you ensure that the evil entity of ‘human law or the ‘c’ word (church) does hijack ‘united in Christ’?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church haters remind me of a professor I had in graduate school - he hated universities and ‘organized education of all kinds’ - we were all supposed to be life long learners - organically interested in acheiving the highest levels of knowledge without the artifical pomposity of degrees and classrooms.

Of course, people who were students of life were completely dismissed by this man - he didn’t recognize them because they were not living up to his ideal of what it meant to be educated without universities. If you weren’t Einstein or Van Gogh, you weren’t doing it correctly.

Even his blantant hypocrisy, collecting grant money in the universities’ name, rings similar. Church haters love the ideals of Christianity without doctrine or dogma; no need to recognize the obvious reliance on both for the concept of God, His Word and everything we know about Him.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Church haters remind me of a professor I had in graduate school - he hated universities and ‘organized education of all kinds’ - we were all supposed to be life long learners - organically interested in acheiving the highest levels of knowledge without the artifical pomposity of degrees and classrooms.

Of course, people who were students of life were completely dismissed by this man - he didn’t recognize them because they were not living up to his ideal of what it meant to be educated without universities. If you weren’t Einstein or Van Gogh, you weren’t doing it correctly.

Even his blantant hypocrisy, collecting grant money in the universities’ name, rings similar. Church haters love the ideals of Christianity without doctrine or dogma; no need to recognize the obvious reliance on both for the concept of God, His Word and everything we know about Him.
Amen.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Church haters, you do have a way with words, but those with Idols need to defend them. Hev you not read with al lyour learning,

Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Col_2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

What do you think religion and mens churches are. A JW church cannot produce catholics, just as a SDA church cannot produce Anglicans. What is it you do not understand, all mens religions, have there doctrines, there rules, there traditions all divided in themselves so how can they be united in Christ when they all speak a different doctrine.

If you take a white stick and stick it in a red tin of paint, what colour will it become, now take that white stick and put it in a blue tin of paint and what colour will that stick become, it is no different with mens doctrines and religions, is Christ divided.

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Learn all you like and you when standing before God will still know nothing, religious men and learned men have great difficulty humbling themselves before God, pride is a terrible thing. I know nothing God, teach me, but men would rather do it there way.