Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His name is Jesus, and you will find the truth in Him. If yopu want religion keep going to church, thats all they have to offer but some prefer it to teh living Word. Jesus.
Hi mjrhealth,

Jesus said "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."

According to you....What is the TRUTH in that statement by Jesus?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking foolishly and not in response to what I wrote. What I meant was final judgments on people are God's rather than mine. Sometimes when God works through one person to help another He may reveal something personal to be used in the work. I don't expect such a revelation from Him about you.

As to what I have been through, I grew up as a Roman Catholic. I was a devout Catholic and served as an altar boy until I graduated from high school in 1961. During that time I thought I would become a Catholic priest, but God took me down a different road.

I am not and have never been anti-Catholic as some are. I learned to love God when I was a Catholic. Some of my best early memories are concerned with connection some of the very good experiences I had while serving God in my way while there. I am not there anymore, but I would never disavow the work God did on me through some very good Catholics. I was not trying to talk you out of being Catholic. I was trying to impress on you need to be close to God no matter where or what you were.

Again, may God richly bless you as you walk with Him, even in the Catholic Church.
Hi Amadeous,

What was the number one doctrine that drove you from the Catholic Church?

BTW....thank you for accusing me of talking like a fool. I will never say that to you.

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only secular evidence I have is what I have read in men's books. How much are they worth? Not much really, as I see it.

However, I have read in scripture how men are when they do what they want to do... even men who sometimes serve God. David was such a man, called a "man after God's own heart" yet we know that he committed sins that according to law God gave to Moses deserved death. God spared him although he showed seemingly no charity toward Uriah, the husband of Bethsheba.

In the RCC as well as among the reformers, many undoubtedly similarly followed their own heads and fleshly lusts rather than God. What men call the Reformation would not have occurred if a large number of men on both sides had been following God more than their own hearts.

We are not better today, as Catholics or as Protestants or other Christians, than those both for and against the RCC at the time of the Reformation.
Man has been the same since Adam and Eve disobeyed God, with only a few exceptions. Even the exceptions almost still at times missed the mark.
Hi,

Why did you say the Catholic Church and the Reformers had a lack of charity toward each other if the source you got it from (secular evidence) does not have much worth??

If secular books do not have much worth, why read them and why did you reference them?

You have me confused.

BTW....The Catholic Church had plenty of charity toward the reformers. The reformers had a chance to denounce their un- biblical beliefs and return to the good graces of the Catholic Church. They decided not to denounce their un-biblical beliefs. They refused Charity.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you demand an "opinion of me. How can teh blind ever see teh light.
You are the one that said Jesus is the truth. I quoted Jesus.

What is the truth in His statement?

You have never posted an opinion on this website?

What is TEH blind and TEH light?

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeous,

What was the number one doctrine that drove you from the Catholic Church?

BTW....thank you for accusing me of talking like a fool. I will never say that to you.

Curious Mary
Nothing drove me from the Catholic Church. In 1961 I went off to attend university in a large city. When I attended a mass their something was not there that had always been there in my home church. I skipped church services from that point on. The only other time I tried it was when I was serving in the U.S. Army in Viet Nam. No one there had anything for me either.

When I was 32 years old [1976] and married with two small children, God drew me back to Him in a way I had never experienced in my life before. I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and went on with God from there.

I apologize for calling you fool if you were not one.

You responded to my post as if you either had not read it or simply did not understand it or you understood it and simply refused to acknowledge the possibility that I might have something. I am still flesh, so I do still sometime take offense when I should not.

Jesus was rebuked and abused when he never did anything deserving of such treatment. He was never offended for himself as we are or have been as mortal corruptible men. All of us, on the other hand, have done wrong in our lifetimes and have done nothing to deserve God's love and His mercy, yet He has given us both. In spite of this are still at times offended by the words of actions of others; or we do things that will unnecessarily offend others.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing drove me from the Catholic Church. In 1961 I went off to attend university in a large city. When I attended a mass their something was not there that had always been there in my home church. I skipped church services from that point on. The only other time I tried it was when I was serving in the U.S. Army in Viet Nam. No one there had anything for me either.

When I was 32 years old [1976] and married with two small children, God drew me back to Him in a way I had never experienced in my life before. I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and went on with God from there.

I apologize for calling you fool if you were not one.

You responded to my post as if you either had not read it or simply did not understand it or you understood it and simply refused to acknowledge the possibility that I might have something. I am still flesh, so I do still sometime take offense when I should not.

Jesus was rebuked and abused when he never did anything deserving of such treatment. He was never offended for himself as we are or have been as mortal corruptible men. All of us, on the other hand, have done wrong in our lifetimes and have done nothing to deserve God's love and His mercy, yet He has given us both. In spite of this are still at times offended by the words of actions of others; or we do things that will unnecessarily offend others.
Thank you for your apology. That is rare on this website.

Since you were not driven from the RCC, why didn't you return to your roots? What happened that drew you back to Him in a way that you never experienced but not back to the RCC?

What is the #1 doctrine that keeps you away from the RCC?

Respectfully....Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to you....What is the TRUTH in that statement by Jesus?
You should read teh first part first.

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world

and again

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So go learn from Him, than you will have life, If you dont understand that, than ask Him , no man can teach you only He can. And please stop playing BOLS games, they are childish at best.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sore loser? Really?

You are the one who said, and I quote: If you have not accused me, then I have no need to answer. Nor will I.

I then accused you.

I met YOUR criteria for getting a response. Since I met the criteria that YOU set forth, shouldn't you answer?

Or were you lying to me? You do not plan to answer me once I have accused you?

I have no shame. I don't lie to people. You lied to me. I accused you and you didn't answer. That was YOUR criteria....not mine. I met your criteria....shouldn't you answer now that I have met your criteria?

How do you know that I am not the one who has told YOU the truth in accordance with scripture? How do you know that I am not the one who comes in the spirit of God? Why are you the righteous one and I the one who is not righteous? Are you a prophet? A messenger of God?

Curious Mary
I am.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world

and again

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So go learn from Him, than you will have life, If you dont understand that, than ask Him , no man can teach you only He can. And please stop playing BOLS games, they are childish at best.
Hi,

I have decided that He has taught me that I must take communion to have life in me. I must eat his body and drink his blood to be saved.

Based on your recommendation, I have learned from Him and I now have life.

Thank you for re-affirming the Catholic teaching. It is refreshing to communicate with a fellow believer in the Catholic faith.

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your apology. That is rare on this website.

Since you were not driven from the RCC, why didn't you return to your roots? What happened that drew you back to Him in a way that you never experienced but not back to the RCC?

What is the #1 doctrine that keeps you away from the RCC?

Respectfully....Mary
That is a whole very long testimony which I have written down many times in many places. I will submit it later on this forum. As to why I did not return to the RCC, it is because of how God brought me out of my sinful life and placed in a series of experiences so that I could grow in Him. It is no single doctrine. First He saved my marriage [now married to the one and only woman 45 years] and then He proceeded to reduce one by one my priorities, my interests, my distractions, which stopped me from really working as He wanted me to work. My place according to God is where I am although that will probably soon be changed.

Reactions: pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and again

Yes.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog
I am a bit mystified. For someone who has insisted and posted, that they are not Catholic...why are you always.. "beating the Catholic drum.?"
It seem a very strange thing...
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large1_zps45848723.gif

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am a bit mystified. For someone who has insisted and posted, that they are not Catholic...why are you always.. "beating the Catholic drum.?"
She always was a catholic, not long after she posted how she wasnt but from somewhere else, you could see that she sounded, talked etc just like a catholic, You become what you are joined to, she is what she is.

That is deceiving and we know who he is.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large1_zps45848723.gif
My dear friend ByGrace,

I would like to refer you to post #1963 in the "Catholics" discussion forum.

Your statement to me seems to me to be a very strange thing. Please, do tell me ByGrace! Am I not allowed to profess my beliefs on this website if they conform to Catholic beliefs? Are we only to profess our "Protestant" beliefs?

If I can only profess my Protestant beliefs without being questioned that means I can profess whatever I want because as a Protestant you can believe, preach, teach, practice and profess whatever you want. You can be pro-abortion or anti-abortion and be a Protestant. You can be pro-gay marriage or anti gay marriage and be a Protestant. You can believe the Eucharist is His body/blood or not believe it and be a Protestant, baptism saves or it doesn't save, there is a hell there isn't a hell, faith alone or not faith alone etc. etc blah blah blah....your still a Protestant

Do you hold to any Catholic beliefs?

Curious Mary