Thoughts on this paper? The overestimation of the uneducated when disagreeing with actual experts.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can you show me where Jesus talked about scientific consensus? Or are you referring to the majority of people seeking fruit of the flesh? I’m certain you’re not so foolish to confuse the difference. But then again, that’s what this posts link was all about.

I worked in the field of science. I was acknowledged in most states located east of the Mississippi River, and in some states west of it, as an expert in my field. Scientists say what they do for multiple reasons; not all of them good.

Reactions: RLT63

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do you accept the experts' opinion that the earth is 4.5 billion years old? That all live evolved from a single common ancestor? That life came from non-life (abiogenesis) ?
Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned. - Titus 1​

That was my thought.
Why do you revel in your imagined superiority and in proclaiming all who disagree with you as "fools"?
Have you read their profile info?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned. - Titus 1​

That was my thought.
Why do you revel in your imagined superiority and in proclaiming all who disagree with you as "fools"?
@atpollard Good admonition there from Paul to Titus....

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked in the field of science. I was acknowledged in most states located east of the Mississippi River, and in some states west of it, as an expert in my field. Scientists say what they do for multiple reasons; not all of them good.
Again. We come to what the general consensus is and how it’s reached.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Good example! We were supposed to be in a soon to come ice age!

Much love!

I believed them and stocked up on thermal underwear … then came global warming. So I stocked up on men’s briefs. I’ve got it covered no matter which way the wind blows with the alarmists.

I spoke with the plant manager at a Fruit of the Loom manufacturing plant back in the 1990’s and told him the story about the thermal underwear. It was in the upper 90’s that day. He laughed and told me that thermal underwear makes great rags for washing and waxing cars. Then he thanked me for making Fruit of the Loom my rags of choice. Funny guy, that plant manager.

Reactions: RLT63 and marks

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the consensus on global cooling in the 1970’s.
You should reach out to climatologist on that. I have a feeling you may not be understanding “global cooling” vs “ global warming” vs “ climate change” and how different areas will experience different changes….

So I think it’s best for me to go ahead and ignore you. Once someone reaches a certain level, I just find it’s best to ignore them so I stop wasting time.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believed them and stocked up on thermal underwear … then came global warming. So I stocked up on men’s briefs. I’ve got it covered no matter which way the wind blows with the alarmists.

I spoke with the plant manager at a Fruit of the Loom manufacturing plant back in the 1990’s and told him the story about the thermal underwear. It was in the upper 90’s that day. He laughed and told me that thermal underwear makes great rags for washing and waxing cars. Then he thanked me for making Fruit of the Loom my rags of choice. Funny guy, that plant manager.
To bad you did not understand then. Would have saved you some money. Anyways, later.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Again. We come to what the general consensus is and how it’s reached.

I’m aware of the concensus forming process and participated in it. Do whatever you think best, but I’m telling you consensus is sometimes achieved in ways that would shock you.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“If your views on a scientific topic contrast with the consensus of scientific opinion, that should give you great pause…” im kinda struggling to perceive an example of “the consensus of scientific opinion” that is relevant to irl…anybody?

i mean idk, but i read where the doc who suggested that hand washing reduces the spread of infection was widely vilified by other doctors, and i guess even defrocked and put in a sanitarium or something?
He was fired I know that.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank yo to everyone who is doing their very best to prove the point of this post. It’s like y’all studied it, and carried it out with precession. It’s amusing in its own way.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You should reach out to climatologist on that. I have a feeling you may not be understanding “global cooling” vs “ global warming” vs “ climate change” and how different areas will experience different changes….

So I think it’s best for me to go ahead and ignore you. Once someone reaches a certain level, I just find it’s best to ignore them so I stop wasting time.

I worked with climatologists.

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather be funny than or ignorant anyway.
Eph 2:1

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,
Eph 2:2

in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
Eph 2:3

All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our fleshEph 2:4

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
Eph 2:5

made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved

Reactions: marks