Thoughts on this paper? The overestimation of the uneducated when disagreeing with actual experts.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why do I find it amusing? I find it amusing when the dumbest of the dumb try to correct the smartest by using silly arguments and yet the dumbest of the dumb are so convinced they are so right.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m not jumping into the evolution vs pseudoscientific beliefs based on terrible biblical hermeneutics on this thread. There are threads out there on it.
You not be jumping into the evolution vs pseudoscientific beliefs. Than your article should be more specific in what it demands. After all your article does state why do people question established scientific belief. That be a rather broad statement that could encompass much of established science if not all. In post 21 you state. You find it amusing when the dumbest of dumb try and correct the smartest. Seems very much to be the case with God. In that he has chosen the foolish and weak things of this world to confound the worldly wisdom of the wise.

Last edited:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You not be jumping into the evolution vs pseudoscientific beliefs. Than your article should be more specific in what it demands. After all your article does state why do people question established scientific belief. That be a rather broad statement that could encompasses much of established science if not all. In post 21 you state. You find it amusing when the dumbest of dumb try and correct the smartest. Seems very much to be the case with God. In that he has chosen the foolish and weak things of this world to confound the worldly wisdom of the wise.
I did not read your post past the first sentence or two.

The post is very clear. It’s a post about the psychological aspects of the uneducated who believe they know more than the collective experts in any given field. Take any field. Gather all the experts in that field. Get their general consensus on that subject. Then get people who have never studied it at all outside of some book they picked up and maybe read or the “ I did my own research using YouTube “ people . Those who can’t even tell you what terms specific to that field means. Get those absolute idiots make a most of their paradigms and psychological processes coupled with their emotional intelligence and ect…. See how the fools act in the face of the wise.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The fields of expertise be many and certainly not useless. But often in times of political and religious upheaval truth be the first casualty of war. God be the greatest expert in all things don’t you think. Far above the expertise of mere mortals. Skovand what to do when the experts tell us we come from the ape and the God states clearly that he created us fully human. To whom do we place trust ? You find it incredibly amusing. Why would that be ?
@Prim I am reminded of John 17.17: "Thy word is truth'.

Reactions: Prim

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hey now, don't go talking smack about Doc Goober!
cat-shocked.gif

:Broadly:

My deepest apologies to Doc Goober. He’s a pretty fair auto mechanic and an all-around swell guy. He has a good heart, which no one can deny.

I’m checking with the Law firm Dewey, Cheatem and Howe to see how much trouble I’m in and whether or not this simple and heartfelt public apology will suffice to get me off the hook legally.

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not read your post past the first sentence or two.

The post is very clear. It’s a post about the psychological aspects of the uneducated who believe they know more than the collective experts in any given field. Take any field. Gather all the experts in that field. Get their general consensus on that subject. Then get people who have never studied it at all outside of some book they picked up and maybe read or the “ I did my own research using YouTube “ people . Those who can’t even tell you what terms specific to that field means. Get those absolute idiots make a most of their paradigms and psychological processes coupled with their emotional intelligence and ect…. See how the fools act in the face of the wise.
You original post be not so clear. All that you have really expressed in all you statements is your continuing claim of superiority and aloofness when you compare yourself to the ways of the uneducated. I’ll leave you to enjoy the psychological aspects of your post that you so desire.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You original post be not so clear. All that you have really expressed in all you statements is your continuing claim of superiority and aloofness when you compare yourself to the ways of the uneducated. I’ll leave you to enjoy the psychological aspects of your post that you so desire.
@Prim I too found the first post a bit hard to empathize with.......

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ahhh! That would be easy....Please give us just one example of when the "professional experts" have actually made a wise recommendation that was beneficial. Thousands of examples..... Maybe you are thinking of a category?
Actually I am looking at the recent blunders, deceptions and foolishness of the so-called experts in all fields, particularly the COVID Scamdemic and the bogus "Climate Emergency".

All the "experts" attacked HCQ and Ivermectin and promoted the mRNA vaccines as the answer. But the actual results show that they were TOTALLY and CRIMINALLY wrong. Children, youth, and young adults are dropping dead like flies after taking the jab.

Take the push for electrical vehicles by the so-called experts. Firstly they consume more energy than ordinary vehicles so there is no net benefit. But they are also an EXTREME HAZARD in that they blow up and burn up with regular frequency.

EV hazards are well established

"Unlike standard combustion engine cars, fully electric vehicles, such as Teslas, use hundreds of li-ion battery cells to power an electric motor. While EVs must meet all federal and provincial safety standards, the sheer volume of high-voltage li-ion batteries housed within them presents unique hazards. This is because the batteries typically contain highly flammable electrolytes and chemical compounds.

Short-circuiting, overcharging, external heat or fire, impact, punctures, or water ingress can start an irreversible thermal event in a li-ion battery known as thermal runaway. The amount of heat generated by cells in one area can spread to adjacent cells, setting off a chain reaction that can eventually result in a fire or explosion.

“All lithium-ion batteries have a residual charge that, even when the battery seems to be dead, can be a risk to workers in terms of a fire or electrical hazard,” notes Mukesh Sharma, an occupational hygiene officer in WorkSafeBC’s Risk Analysis Unit.

This makes it important to keep EVs with potential battery damage at least 50 metres away from combustible materials, according to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines.

In most fully electric vehicles, the main battery pack is found between the wheelbases and is connected by a high-voltage cable, often orange in colour for easy identification. But other batteries can be located throughout the vehicle, says Michael Chafe, senior regional health and safety manager at Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., and ARA project member. “Until technology that can detect these batteries is widely available,” says Chafe, “industry is reliant on manual inspection processes to remove these items from waste streams.”

Plug-in and non–plug-in hybrids, such as certain Toyota Prius models, have a mix of an electric motor and a combustion engine, and come with similar risks. In 2019, a plug-in hybrid SUV rolled into the ocean at a boat launch in Port Moody, B.C., and burst into flames after being towed from the water, likely due to a short in the battery caused by salt water damage.

EV batteries, which range from 200 to 800 volts, pose a risk of electrocution because of the current flowing through the network of cables, so it’s critical to ensure that all power sources are completely disconnected before dismantling EVs. In addition, the electrolytes, hydrogen fluoride, and other fumes from burning batteries can expose workers to noxious substances and a potential risk of explosion from contact with a spark or flame.

WorkSafeBC.

Then we have the economic experts at the Federal Reserve who are telling people that in order to reduce inflation they must INCREASE inflation! Did you ever hear of such stupidity? The "Anti-Inflation Act" is actually designed to send inflation through the roof, and the published numbers on inflation should be multiplied by at least 4 or 5 times what is shown. People are barely surviving but the military "experts" are pouring billions into Ukraine and depleting their own military readiness by giving away their arms and ammunition and going "Woke".

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I am looking at the recent blunders, deceptions and foolishness of the so-called experts in all fields, particularly the COVID Scamdemic and the bogus "Climate Emergency".

All the "experts" attacked HCQ and Ivermectin and promoted the mRNA vaccines as the answer. But the actual results show that they were TOTALLY and CRIMINALLY wrong. Children, youth, and young adults are dropping dead like flies after taking the jab.

Take the push for electrical vehicles by the so-called experts. Firstly they consume more energy than ordinary vehicles so there is no net benefit. But they are also an EXTREME HAZARD in that they blow up and burn up with regular frequency.

"Unlike standard combustion engine cars, fully electric vehicles, such as Teslas, use hundreds of li-ion battery cells to power an electric motor. While EVs must meet all federal and provincial safety standards, the sheer volume of high-voltage li-ion batteries housed within them presents unique hazards. This is because the batteries typically contain highly flammable electrolytes and chemical compounds.

Short-circuiting, overcharging, external heat or fire, impact, punctures, or water ingress can start an irreversible thermal event in a li-ion battery known as thermal runaway. The amount of heat generated by cells in one area can spread to adjacent cells, setting off a chain reaction that can eventually result in a fire or explosion.

“All lithium-ion batteries have a residual charge that, even when the battery seems to be dead, can be a risk to workers in terms of a fire or electrical hazard,” notes Mukesh Sharma, an occupational hygiene officer in WorkSafeBC’s Risk Analysis Unit.

This makes it important to keep EVs with potential battery damage at least 50 metres away from combustible materials, according to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines.

In most fully electric vehicles, the main battery pack is found between the wheelbases and is connected by a high-voltage cable, often orange in colour for easy identification. But other batteries can be located throughout the vehicle, says Michael Chafe, senior regional health and safety manager at Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., and ARA project member. “Until technology that can detect these batteries is widely available,” says Chafe, “industry is reliant on manual inspection processes to remove these items from waste streams.”

Plug-in and non–plug-in hybrids, such as certain Toyota Prius models, have a mix of an electric motor and a combustion engine, and come with similar risks. In 2019, a plug-in hybrid SUV rolled into the ocean at a boat launch in Port Moody, B.C., and burst into flames after being towed from the water, likely due to a short in the battery caused by salt water damage.

EV batteries, which range from 200 to 800 volts, pose a risk of electrocution because of the current flowing through the network of cables, so it’s critical to ensure that all power sources are completely disconnected before dismantling EVs. In addition, the electrolytes, hydrogen fluoride, and other fumes from burning batteries can expose workers to noxious substances and a potential risk of explosion from contact with a spark or flame.

WorkSafeBC.

Then we have the economic experts at the Federal Reserve who are telling people that in order to reduce inflation they must INCREASE inflation! Did you ever hear of such stupidity? The "Anti-Inflation Act" is actually designed to send inflation through the roof, and the published numbers on inflation should be multiplies by at least 4 or 5 times what is shown.

Congratulations! You have mostly hit the nail on the head!
Quantum science and Astro Physics is mostly math....either it adds up or it does not and peers are always ready to call them on their mistakes. But still a lot of that science is theory and it change as new information is discovered. Science is not static, always learning....it could be and should be no other way.

Put the physical side of physics is different....it either works or it does not. Radar.....try your microwave oven and see if it really works! Your football game on your smart TV running on a home network getting the game from a satellite 20,000 miles in space. The physical side of it works. Evolution of Man and the universe is real but there will always be updates.

Then we get into the politics of things and the Green religion. Electric cars and solar power and veggie diets are a scam.

The real issue that we have to deal with is the science of the medical arts. Surgeons are like the physical side of physics....what they do either works or it does not work. But the rest of the medical system is in shambles. Politics and the green religion and economic interests rule the medical field. The lack of competent doctors is another problem. What do you call a student that finishes last in his or her class in medical college?....doctor.

Our biggest problem is that it is financially more lucrative to treat a disease than to cure it. So there is no incentive to cure diseases. Charities collect money to cure diseases but none are cured. Breast cancer is a good example, if it was penis cancer, it would have been cured a long time ago with out cutting off too many members.

Diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease, and hardening of the arteries, they are happy to sell medications and tell the patients that it is their fault....wrong diet or activities. They collect the money for treatment and blame the patient. Not going to work on a cure....lose money that way. As far as Covid, that was all politics and they murdered a lot people.

Because of all this medical science is decades behind and no improvement in sight. As it is now the most deadly thing you can do is trust your doctor. We are not doctors but still common sense can save your life and the lives of loved ones....I took a lady to urgent care that had not eaten or drank anything for a week and a half and the doctors main concern was documenting if she had Covid or not. Because they get money for that. I told them that she needed a intravenous drip of fluids and they looked at me like I was crazy! I actually had to insist on it. They were going to document it and send her home without any treatment or medications. Always consider what they are doing and ask yourself if it makes any sense.

The science of diets is all messed up, they have no clue. The food pyramid is the best choice.

Mental health? No cure in sight....they either sedate them or wack them out. It will be a long time before they understand the brain.

The side effects of one medication has to be treated by other medicines. People walking around with totes full of prescription medications.

What good is health insurance or free medical when your medical system is messed up.

Last edited:

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But why do I find it amusing? I find it amusing when the dumbest of the dumb try to correct the smartest by using silly arguments and yet the dumbest of the dumb are so convinced they are so right.
Yet here you are wearing a psychedelic mushroom for a hat, talking about the value of experts.
When you weren't smart enough to know Henry didn't invent the car, Louis didn't discover penicillin and FDR didn't invent the Interstate?

Now, given you don't know those identities of the experts you tout, you're calling us names thinking yourself smarter than all of us? :IDK:

:hmhehm In our Ethics and Morality forum.

Reactions: marks

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congratulations! You have mostly hit the nail on the head!
Quantum science and Astro Physics is mostly math....either it adds up or it does not and peers are always ready to call them on their mistakes. But still a lot of that science is theory and it change as new information is discovered. Science is not static, always learning....it could be and should be no other way.

'Cause I'm a wanderer, yes I'm a wanderer, I roam around around around around..
My apologies to Dion & The Del Satins

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WorkSafeBC.

Then we have the economic experts at the Federal Reserve who are telling people that in order to reduce inflation they must INCREASE inflation! Did you ever hear of such stupidity? The "Anti-Inflation Act" is actually designed to send inflation through the roof, and the published numbers on inflation should be multiplied by at least 4 or 5 times what is shown. People are barely surviving but the military "experts" are pouring billions into Ukraine and depleting their own military readiness by giving away their arms and ammunition and going "Woke".

Consider this;
EVs: Are they really more efficient?
I completely agree however that Pres. Biden's characterization of his "inflation reduction act" was pure propaganda as we are in the process of finding out (my apologies Mr. President). On balance, however, while there are risks involved in driving an electric car, there are considerable risks associated with driving around with a tank full of potentially explosive liquid in your vehicle as well, as we regularly do with a gasoline powered car. My hunch is that it's a wash, but if you have numbers that prove otherwise I would love to see them. Btw, I am aware of a mature technology that will have an enormously beneficial impact on the level of CO2 emissions once it has a widespread build out if you are curious to know about it.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this;
EVs: Are they really more efficient?
I completely agree however that Pres. Biden's characterization of his "inflation reduction act" was pure propaganda as we are in the process of finding out (my apologies Mr. President). On balance, however, while there are risks involved in driving an electric car, there are considerable risks associated with driving around with a tank full of potentially explosive liquid in your vehicle as well, as we regularly do with a gasoline powered car. My hunch is that it's a wash, but if you have numbers that prove otherwise I would love to see them. Btw, I am aware of a mature technology that will have an enormously beneficial impact on the level of CO2 emissions once it has a widespread build out if you are curious to know about it.
If every vehicle in the world becomes an EV how much will it reduce the temperature?

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be mean grailhunter, but your posts tend to wander off down rabbit holes, presenting much disorganized information that doesn't culminate in a point . It is hard to discern what you are trying to say.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If every vehicle in the world becomes an EV how much will it reduce the temperature?

Nobody knows precisely. Let me just repeat here that I am aware of a now cost effective technology (not fusion, something much simpler) that the greenies will fall in love with and the cost counters and reliability engineers will find completely acceptable.