Threat to Democracy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mathew 22

Jesus: How Can David Call His Descendant Lord?​

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”

They said to Him, “The Son of David.”

43 He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:

44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?
45 If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” 46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathew 22

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”

“Sit at My right hand,
45 If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” 46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.
I like the part where Elizabeth says to Mary:

Luk 1:41
And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
Luk 1:42
And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
Luk 1:43
And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
Luk 1:44
For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

David in the spirit call him Lord.. and Elizabeth filled with the Holy Ghost spake out loud.

Same spirit worketh all in all.

Thinking..
Hugs

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Capital letters are not always used in scripture for 'God' and 'Lord' and 'savior' and 'anointed one'

Do you see any ALL CAPS in this scripture whether of God the Father or the Lord???

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

His Father calls Him Lord and you better humble your heart before the Lord our Savior.

Revelation 19:11-16
Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war. He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood,c and His name is The Word of God.

The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses.
And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
Jesus= John 17:3--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD

False teachers= The Father, son and holy spirit= THE ONLY TRUE GOD

Who do you believe?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus= John 17:3--The one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD

False teachers= The Father, son and holy spirit= THE ONLY TRUE GOD

Who do you believe?
Hello @Keiw

i believe the Word that was with God and was God, in the beginning - Genesis 1:1 = John 1:1

i believe every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God = Matthew 4:4

Lord Jesus Christ only spoke Truth for HE is the Truth.

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God AND Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Eternal Life ONLY comes to us = How???

"Jesus says to Keiw, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Keiw

i believe the Word that was with God and was God, in the beginning - Genesis 1:1 = John 1:1

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God AND Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Trench onwards in the LORD till the last breath my friend .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Keiw

I shared with you the wording found in the Greek lexicons that proves a god is correct to the word at John 1:1, not God.
Yes Jesus sends his true followers to his Father to accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24--The not true followers stop at Jesus because they do not listen to his words. They listen to these-2Cor 11:12-15)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared with you the wording found in the Greek lexicons that proves a god is correct to the word at John 1:1, not God.
Yes Jesus sends his true followers to his Father to accomplish this daily-John 4:22-24--The not true followers stop at Jesus because they do not listen to his words. They listen to these-2Cor 11:12-15)

Keiw,

What is Truth???

The greek lexicon or the Word of God?

Think Keiw, put on the Mind of Christ.
Isaiah 45:21
Tell and bring forth your case;
Yes, let them take counsel together.
Who has declared this from ancient time?
Who has told it from that time?
Have not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand where the conflict lies. I'm not sure why that separation is worded the way it is in the bible.

Jesus is the Word of God. And in the beginning God said. So who said? God or Jesus?
In the beginning God created. And we find in Colossians 1: speaking of Jesus;
Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God, and by him were all things created, visible and invisible.

So this says to me that Jesus created God. Or rather, Jesus created himself, as both the Father and the Son.

And right after that we have:
Col 1:19
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So the Father before he came to earth as Jesus had already determined that everything in earth or in heaven would be reconciled to himself, through himself.

I get it. I understand how one can see two seperate entities. 1 is spiritual and 2 the other is carnal, or in the fashion of a man.

No one has seen God at any time,
Jhn 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

If no man hath seen God and Jesus which is in the bosom of the father hath declared him. Then he is a witness of himself.
And when questioned concerning himself being his own witness he says:

Jhn 5:37
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

So I can understand the complication.

Jesus, as the Father before he was sent to earth, bears witness of Jesus that he is his own son.
Mat 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Peter says that this voice belongs to the Father:
2Pe 1:17
For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

And yet Jesus says in John 5:37 You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Then Jesus goes on to say:

Jhn 14:8
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Here, Jesus is telling Philip, that he himself is the Father.

So how do we reconcile the Father in heaven, and Jesus on earth? What is the connection?
It is the Holy Spirit that unites them as one entity. They are the same person connected by the same spirit.

Jhn 14:20
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The spirit that connects the Father and the Son, is the same spirit that is sent in Jesus' name to comfort us.

As long as the Holy Spirit is in the world, Jesus is with us and in us through the spirit and we are in the Father which also is Jesus, by this same spirit.

What we know as the man Jesus in the flesh, is The Father which is Spirit which is in Heaven. That which connects it all together is the Spirit itself.
And that Spirit is Jesus, And that Spirit is the Father, and that Spirit is given to us. So that where He is, we may be also.

I understand the argument from the otherside. But I myself believe that this is the truth.
That Jesus is the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keiw,

What is Truth???

The greek lexicon or the Word of God?

Think Keiw, put on the Mind of Christ.
Isaiah 45:21
Tell and bring forth your case;
Yes, let them take counsel together.
Who has declared this from ancient time?
Who has told it from that time?
Have not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me.
Translations( NT) were done out of the Greek lexicons-- LORD is not at Isaiah-YHVH( tetragramoton) belongs there. That is what you are not understanding. Wicked men removed the tetragramoton by satans will to mislead and replaced it with GOD or LORD--God willed the tetragramoton in all those spots. Because God wants it there, do you understand that fact?
There was no other savior when Isaiah was written. Jesus became a savior at completion of his task on earth. He could have failed.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathew 22

“Sit at My right hand,
YHVH said to my Lord( Jesus) is how God wrote his bible. Wicked men by satans will removed Gods name and replaced it with either GOD or LORD all capitols, nearly 6800 places in OT and over 200 in NT. It was done to mislead.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I've heard section 3 of the 14th Amendment doesn't need a conviction in the same way that OJ simpson had lost civil court cases although he was not convicted in the criminal case. That doesn't answer if it's a threat to democracy though.
As far as I know if the case goes to SCOTUS his name goes back on the ballot until a decision is made?
Wrong. Means you have no clue about the 14th Amendment.

There is a requirement for a conviction. Read down to section 5. Not only do the states have no right to remove his name…..Only Congress has the authority to convict in this case. Congress must make the decision.

The entire Amendment points to the officials and officers of the Confederacy. None of them are alive. The curious aspect. Biden was not old enough to qualify to run for the Senate. But if elected he would be old enough to be sworn in. Congress granted him the authority to take seat after his birthday. Congress also granted several Confederates the right to be voted in. There is not one mention about President in the Amendment. You’ll see that when SCOTUS embarrasses this group that can’t seem to read or understand.

Sorry if blunt. Another needless fishing expedition.

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand where the conflict lies. I'm not sure why that separation is worded the way it is in the bible.

Jesus is the Word of God. And in the beginning God said. So who said? God or Jesus?
In the beginning God created. And we find in Colossians 1: speaking of Jesus;
Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God, and by him were all things created, visible and invisible.

So this says to me that Jesus created God. Or rather, Jesus created himself, as both the Father and the Son.

And right after that we have:
Col 1:19
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So the Father before he came to earth as Jesus had already determined that everything in earth or in heaven would be reconciled to himself, through himself.

I get it. I understand how one can see two seperate entities. 1 is spiritual and 2 the other is carnal, or in the fashion of a man.

No one has seen God at any time,
Jhn 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

If no man hath seen God and Jesus which is in the bosom of the father hath declared him. Then he is a witness of himself.
And when questioned concerning himself being his own witness he says:

Jhn 5:37
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

So I can understand the complication.

Jesus, as the Father before he was sent to earth, bears witness of Jesus that he is his own son.
Mat 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Peter says that this voice belongs to the Father:
2Pe 1:17
For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

And yet Jesus says in John 5:37 You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Then Jesus goes on to say:

Jhn 14:8
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jhn 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Here, Jesus is telling Philip, that he himself is the Father.

So how do we reconcile the Father in heaven, and Jesus on earth? What is the connection?
It is the Holy Spirit that unites them as one entity. They are the same person connected by the same spirit.

Jhn 14:20
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The spirit that connects the Father and the Son, is the same spirit that is sent in Jesus' name to comfort us.

As long as the Holy Spirit is in the world, Jesus is with us and in us through the spirit and we are in the Father which also is Jesus, by this same spirit.

What we know as the man Jesus in the flesh, is The Father which is Spirit which is in Heaven. That which connects it all together is the Spirit itself.
And that Spirit is Jesus, And that Spirit is the Father, and that Spirit is given to us. So that where He is, we may be also.

I understand the argument from the otherside. But I myself believe that this is the truth.
That Jesus is the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Hugs
All GOOD my Sister.

But as you know, THEY were never created.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Translations( NT) were done out of the Greek lexicons-- LORD is not at Isaiah-YHVH( tetragramoton) belongs there. That is what you are not understanding. Wicked men removed the tetragramoton by satans will to mislead and replaced it with GOD or LORD--God willed the tetragramoton in all those spots. Because God wants it there, do you understand that fact?
There was no other savior when Isaiah was written. Jesus became a savior at completion of his task on earth. He could have failed.
Show me the verse that you se YHWH in Isaiah - thank you Keiw

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a requirement for a conviction. Read down to section 5. Not only do the states have no right to remove his name…..Only Congress has the authority to convict in this case. Congress must make the decision.

The entire Amendment points to the officials and officers of the Confederacy. None of them are alive. The curious aspect. Biden was not old enough to qualify to run for the Senate. But if elected he would be old enough to be sworn in. Congress granted him the authority to take seat after his birthday. Congress also granted several Confederates the right to be voted in. There is not one mention about President in the Amendment. You’ll see that when SCOTUS embarrasses this group that can’t seem to read or understand.

Sorry if blunt. Another needless fishing expedition.
Joe Biden has committed treason.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YHVH or YHWH = Jehovah)--Yeshua = Jesus. Jesus is never called YHWH.
Still waiting for you to explain your ATTACK on Christians:

"Jesus is only with the JW,s."

NWT Jesus / Jehovah / "Mighty God" / the same Being!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All GOOD my Sister.

I know I thought of that after I posted..

I would change that to confirmed, willed..
Jesus confirmed (spoke into being) himself as both the Father and the Son.

Jesus willed himself to be both Father and Son.

I think you know what I'm trying to say. It was The creators purpose to be both Father and Son.

Hugs

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's a little aggressive, no? Looking back on it, the OJ Simpson example that I found somewhere doesn't really make sense, since OJ did lose a court case. To me it seems like SCOTUS would have to rule that the amendment applies to the president, but also it would have to be proven in court that he did engage in insurrection. I'm not an expert on any of this though, obviously.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All GOOD my Sister.

Begotten is referring to Christ's human birth. God gave to Him His body of flesh and Christ was co eternal with the Father, without beginning or ending. Begotten as the Son of God, in the flesh. That part of Him God created.

John 1:14, The Word Becomes Flesh

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Begotten and Flesh go together, it does not refer to Christ before He was born as a flesh and blood person. And also believers are His brethren, so part of the family of God.

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Hebrews 2

Bringing Many Sons to Glory​

10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who [g]sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”
And again:

“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not [h]give aid to angels, but He does [i]give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being [j]tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another truth about flesh and blood is this.
2 Corinthians 5

15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not [d]imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
That's right. we no longer know Christ or any born again person according to the flesh and blood they had or have. Christ is no longer a flesh and blood person, He has a glorified body that is not flesh and blood. AND we should not regard that about Him any longer as that is no longer what He is...as He rose again as in He was resurrected. We know Him thus no longer as according to the flesh.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God..

1 Corinthians 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made[i] of dust; the second Man is [j]the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the [k]man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we[l] shall also bear the image of the heavenly man.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I thought of that after I posted..

I would change that to confirmed, willed..
Jesus confirmed (spoke into being) himself as both the Father and the Son.

Jesus willed himself to be both Father and Son.

I think you know what I'm trying to say. It was The creators purpose to be both Father and Son.

Hugs
Precise Tuning is found in Psalm 40 and all thru the book of Hebrews.

Hebrews10:5-7
Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
But a body You have prepared for Me.
In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
You had no pleasure.
Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come—
In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
To do Your will, O God.’ ”

ONLY a physical body was created inside Mary's womb for the LORD to dwell in = John chapter 1

ELohim(God) is the Eternal One that consists of FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT