Three Days and Three Nights

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Bibliocentrist said:
i read a few pages but wasn't able to read all 6 pages. i am not sure myself of the exact correct days match. I had thought might link with cut off in mid of week, and 3 & a half days, but from this jewish calendar i put together that can't be right:

Rosh Hashanah/new yr – 1Nisan/Mar17
[preparation 13nisan?]
Pesach/passover/paschal – 14Nisan/Mar 31
paschalFeast of Unleav Br beg 14/15Nisan/Mar 31
First Fruits of barley off 15/16Nisan/Apr3
Feast of Unleavened Bread conclu 20/21nisan/Apr7
2nd passover 14zif/iyyar
lag B'omer/counting omer 50 days pesach to shavot
Shavuot/pentecost/ffowh 6sivan/May22?
taking of Jerus 7/17thammuz
fast/destr of Temple/tisha B'av 7/9ab/aviv
Yom Teruah/trumps/Rosh Hs/New Yr 1tisri/Sep10
Yom Kippur/day of atone 10tisri/Sep19
Sukkot/tabernacles/booths/ffw&o 15-21tisri/Sep24
Last Great Day #tisri/Oct1
Hanukkah/lts/dedication 25chislev/Dec1-9
siege Jerus 7tebheth
tu B'shvat/planting trees latJan/earFeb
feast of purim 14/15Adar
Fast of Esther 11veadar/Feb16
Purim 14/15veadar/Feb17-19
Bibliocentrist,
Therein lies your fatal problem. You are using the current Rabbinical Jewish Calendar and trying to line it up with the current Gregorian Calendar. Neither calendar was in existence during crucifixion week (It's like a comedy club routine). Therefore, you will be chasing your tail like a dog forever and never come to any reliable conclusion. If you really want an answer, you will have to break from every commentary and scholar you've ever read on the subject (Throw their mumbo jumbo into the trash can where it belongs). The answers are not there. The answers are in your Bible, if you know how to discern it for yourself.
Zeke25

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
that is not wholly fair/true. the calendar is from the bible as far as i could find.
Why don't you just post the info then? We can't all research every single one of tons of things ourselves. I already read all the 4 gospels, and tried to compile that calendar of the sabbaths from the Mosaic feasts/holidays. I can't remember what best conclusion i came to, i think i might have been 3 days & 2 nights (or vice versa) from thurs to between sat eve & sun morn. (He must have raised near morning, not been up all night?)

died on [?preparation or] passover?
was a high sabbath (not just one sabbath day).
rose on the first fruits?

my pervious idea was that it says Messiah cut off in middle of week, and some sources say 3 (and a half) days [or 3 days and (3) nights nights, which makes 7]. So died wednesday afternoon, to thurs (1), to fri (2), to sat (3), plus 12 hours would be sometime between midnight and 6 am sunday morning. But it doesn't fit with the gospels account and Mosaic calendar.

---------

Alright i spent hour/s getting all the info from the 4 gospels (i'm not sure if any more info from elsewhere in bible other than the calendar festivals i already posted).

"break down this temple and in 3 days i will raise it up" (Jn 2:19), ["builder of it in 3 days time" (Mk 15:29)].

Lazarus in tomb 4 days.

6 days before passover came to bethany.
next day festival, palms/hosanna // next day came out of bethany saw fig tree // returning to temple early in morning saw fig tree.
"when it became late in the day they would go out of the city".
he went teaching daily in the temple.
"on that day sadducees came up to him...".
"on one of the days while he was teaching...".
by day teaching in the temple.
"the festival of unfermented cakes, the passover, was getting near" the priests & scribes were seeking to kill him.
"2 days from now the passover occurs and the son of man is to be impaled".
"the passover & the festival of unfermented cake was 2 days later" and they were seeking to seize/kill him.
[they had said/wished "not at the festival" (Mk 14: 2).]
("knew before the festival" in john 13:1.)

the (first) day of unfermented cakes now arrived on which the pasover victim must be sacrificed, and he dispatched Peter and John to get the passover ready.
{when hour came, ate passover with disciples at/after evening (evening is start of day.
Jesus/Sanhedrin up all night. cock crowed at 'cockcrow' [3am].
lead to pilate at dawn/when it became day.
pilate realesed prisoner at festival.
became 6th hour, darkness 6th to 9th hour.
died on "next"/same day (passover)?}
"late in the afternoon, ... it was Preparation, ie the day before the sabbath" they asked for the body.
laid in tomb when "it was the day of preparation, and the evening light of the sabbath was approaching".
{laid in nearby tomb at dusk on account of preparation.
"they rested on the sabbath".
"the next day, after the preparation" the priests/pharisees gathered before Pilate saying ... "after 3 days i am to be raised up".
Jesus was in earth like Jonah "3 days".}
Jesus raised on first fruits?
"after he rose early on the 1st day of the week".
"when the sabbath had passed. ... very early on the 1st day of week", the morning of 1st day of week / "after the sabbath, when it was growing light on the first day of the week" [sunday], the tomb was empty.
on that very day "this makes the 3trd day since";
late on that day the first day of the week appears to the 10.

8 days later appears to the 11.
seen 40 days.
sabbath day's journey.
Matthias picked during these days.
day of pentecost, "not many days after".

"i am with you all the days until the end of things".

I haven't checked if can tell from above info how many days (2 or 3 (not 1)) in tomb?

Alright i spent hour/s getting all the info from the 4 gospels (i'm not sure if any more info from elsewhere in bible other than the calendar festivals i already posted).

"break down this temple and in 3 days i%2

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Bibliocentrist said:
that is not wholly fair/true. the calendar is from the bible as far as i could find.
Why don't you just post the info then? We can't all research every single one of tons of things ourselves. I already read all the 4 gospels, and tried to compile that calendar of the sabbaths from the Mosaic feasts/holidays. I can't remember what best conclusion i came to, i think i might have been 3 days & 2 nights (or vice versa) from thurs to between sat eve & sun morn. (He must have raised near morning, not been up all night?)

died on [?preparation or] passover?
rose on the first fruits?

my pervious idea was that it says Messiah cut off in middle of week, and some sources say 3 (and a half) days [or 3 days and (3) nights nights, which makes 7]. So died wednesday afternoon, to thurs (1), to fri (2), to sat (3), plus 12 hours would be sometime between midnight and 6 am sunday morning. But it doesn't fit with the gospels account and Mosaic calendar.

---------

"break down this temple and in 3 days i will raise it up" (Jn 2:19), ["builder of it in 3 days time" (Mk 15:29)].

Lazarus in tomb 4 days.

6 days before passover came to bethany.
next day festival, palms/hosanna // next day came out of bethany saw fig tree // returning to temple early in morning saw fig tree.
"when it became late in the day they would go out of the city".
he went teaching daily in the temple.
"on that day sadducees came up to him...".
"on one of the days while he was teaching...".
by day teaching in the temple.
"the festival of unfermented cakes, the passover, was getting near" the priests & scribes were seeking to kill him.
"2 days from now the passover occurs and the son of man is to be impaled".
"the passover & the festival of unfermented cake was 2 days later" and they were seeking to seize/kill him.
[they had said/wished "not at the festival" (Mk 14: 2).]
("knew before the festival" in john 13:1.)

the (first) day of unfermented cakes now arrived on which the pasover victim must be sacrificed, and he dispatched Peter and John to get the passover ready.
{when hour came, ate passover with disciples at/after evening (evening is start of day.
Jesus/Sanhedrin up all night. cock crowed at 'cockcrow' [3am].
lead to pilate at dawn/when it became day.
pilate realesed prisoner at festival.
became 6th hour, darkness 6th to 9th hour.
died on "next"/same day (passover)?}
"late in the afternoon, ... it was Preparation, ie the day before the sabbath" they asked for the body.
laid in tomb when "it was the day of preparation, and the evening light of the sabbath was approaching".
{laid in nearby tomb at dusk on account of preparation.
"they rested on the sabbath".
"the next day, after the preparation" the priests/pharisees gathered before Pilate saying ... "after 3 days i am to be raised up".
Jesus was in earth like Jonah "3 days".}
Jesus raised on first fruits?
"after he rose early on the 1st day of the week".
"when the sabbath had passed. ... very early on the 1st day of week", the morning of 1st day of week / "after the sabbath, when it was growing light on the first day of the week" [sunday], the tomb was empty.
on that very day "this makes the 3trd day since";
late on that day the first day of the week appears to the 10.

8 days later appears to the 11.
seen 40 days.
sabbath day's journey.
Matthias picked during these days.
day of pentecost, "not many days after".

"i am with you all the days until the end of things".

I haven't checked if can tell from above info how many days (2 or 3 (not 1)) in tomb?

"break down this temple and in 3 days i%2
Bibliocentrist,

It sounds as if you are really trying to get a handle on things. I'm encouraged. I can help, as long as you stay interested.

The day of crucifixion, He died in the afternoon. He was alive that day, but His body was also dead that day. Does this count as day 1 of three days and nights? It's not a trick question, I just want to know what you think.

When does a biblical day start? I have it posted on this forum at http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20216-a-day-begins-at-sunrise/.

What does "evening" mean in the Bible? This is very important. You will find that on this forum as well at http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20367-twilight-versus-between-the-evenings/.

On this very thread I have multiple posts regarding this subject. Some of the more informative are posts #114, 117, 132, 143, 159.

There much more that can be said. But here are the beginning answers to your question of why don't I just post it.

Zeke25

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
rstrats said:
Someone new looking in may know of some writing.
Hi rstrats,

We've spoken briefly before, on more than one forum. Your are not going to find that which you are looking for. Those that have the material have a hidden agenda and the writings you seek will not see the light of day. Also, if any material, past or present, comes forth from an archeological dig that gives the correct information - it too will be sweep away into a hidden vault.

If you want the truth, read what I have written. I did not obtain this info from men. I obtained it from the Bible. It is reliable and true. You can have confidence in it, except that you are distracted by all the naysayers. So, why don't you come forth and reveal your agenda. What is it that you think you need that the Bible has not already given you? And why is it so important to you that you have the writings of men? My material can be verified from the pages of Scripture, if you are willing to invest the time and effort. You will not find anyone else who is teaching what I teach on this subject. That should tell you something - and I do not mean that to be a negative, but a positive, about that which I teach.

Sincerely,
Rick (Zeke25)

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
zeke25,
re: "Your are not going to find that which you are looking for. Those that have the material have a hidden agenda and the writings you seek will not see the light of day."

Why would someone who believes that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week hide any writing that would support their assertion that Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language?

re: "If you want the truth, read what I have written."

For the purpose of this topic, the only truth I'm interested in is to see if there is any truth to the assertion that Matthew 12:40 is using "common" Jewish idiomatic language.

re: "...why don't you come forth and reveal your agenda."

See above.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
rstrats said:
zeke25,
re: "Your are not going to find that which you are looking for. Those that have the material have a hidden agenda and the writings you seek will not see the light of day."

Why would someone who believes that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week hide any writing that would support their assertion that Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language?

re: "If you want the truth, read what I have written."

For the purpose of this topic, the only truth I'm interested in is to see if there is any truth to the assertion that Matthew 12:40 is using "common" Jewish idiomatic language.

re: "...why don't you come forth and reveal your agenda."

See above.
Hi rstrats,

In answer to your question...Mt. 12:40 is not using Jewish idiomatic language. There is no such idiom regarding the 3D/3N. It is what it is. That's why you're not going to find any confirmation of it. In fact, Mt. 12:40 sets the standard for all the references that follow regarding the count between the crucifixion and the resurrection.

Daniel 7:25, "the changing of the times" is why it is hidden. But it is hidden in various ways. It is hidden because the changing of the times brings confusion to the Bible and it brings confusion to Christianity. In other words, it discredits the claims that the Bible is reliable and that Christianity is true. Most hate Yahoshua, they hate Christianity, they hate Christians and they would like nothing better than to see it destroyed. And I'm speaking of most all denominations and religious leaders. It will be easier to bring in the NWO (New World Order) religion by tearing down the old order. This is the way the generational satanists work. This is why the family is under attack (abortion, homosexuality, plural marriages, unions without marriage, etc.) and this is why Christianity is under attack. All of this weakens the moral order than God has established. The changing of the times has already occurred - this is a tremendous weapon in the hands of those who hate God. There is no way one can count 3D/3N between the crucifixion and the resurrection if the crucifixion happened on Friday and the resurrection happened on Sunday - it will never work. A myriad of preposterous fables have arisen to try and explain a simple count that cannot be reconciled with the false requirements placed upon the events. The resurrection did not take place on Sunday. The crucifixion did not take place on Friday. It is all a grand conspiracy, but one must believe that the enemy of your soul is really that hard at work and that he has enlisted the aid of most of humanity to accomplish his deception. To his delight, many souls are dragged to hell daily. In his mind this is the only battle he can win to try and harm (if that were possible) the Almighty God. I could go on and on. But, yes, there are many who would will do anything to cause more confusion - as a further answer to your question.

How have the times been changed? Evening in the Bible means afternoon. Evening has been changed to mean that which it means to us in our modern society. A day begins at sunrise. That has been changed to mean it begins at sunset. All calendars in use are corruptions from the Calendar of Scripture - which almost no one uses, because they do not know who to construct one from the Bible. Idioms have been invented that are nothing but pipe dreams. Everyone is looking for a "changing of the times" that they think will be easily recognized. No it will not, because people have already missed that it has already been changed for centuries.

There's more that can be said. But not this posting. But I will say, that most do not see any significance to all of this. They shrug their shoulders and say, "So, what." They are totally unaware, just as a 3 year old that chases his ball into traffic. His focus is on the ball, not his pending death. It fact, he mocks his mom who is yelling for him to stop, he mocks her by ignoring her and continuing to his doom, because he doesn't see the danger himself. This is not a game. We are dealing with real, eternal threats, and death for every living man, woman, and child. If it were not for our Lord and Savior, we would already all be goners. God will not be mocked, nor will He lose.

In Christ,
Rick (Zeke25)
rstrats,

The following is an extract from my writings on this subject:

HOW LONG WAS YAHOSHUA'S BODY DEAD

5.a. What does the Bible teach about how long Yahoshua the Christ will be in the heart of the earth when crucified until His resurrection? Let us look at all the Scriptures that give us time markers. Remember, we must consider the whole counsel of God, not just a Scripture or two taken out of context. The context is that all of the Scriptures addressing this subject should be considered as a whole. Some provide more complete information that others do not; such as, Matthew 12:40. But all of the information given by all the various Scriptures must be taken into account in order for us to receive a proper understanding of the topic at hand.

Matthew 12:40 KJV "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." It does not get any clearer than this. It was three days and three nights. No other combination can qualify. The time marker of “day” in this verse refers to only the daylight portion of a day. The time marker of “night” in this verse refers to only the night portion of a day. Please note that since Christ Yahoshua died during the day, so when one counts three days and three nights, the count ends on the third night. The count does not end during the day.

Matthew 16:21 KJV, "From that time forth began [Yahoshua] to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day." Being raised on the third day necessitates that this time marker of “day” means both the daylight portion of a day followed by the night portion of the day as well (see Matthew 12:40 above). We know this because we accumulate information as we go through the Scriptures, we do not place the Scriptures in opposition to one another. Since He began His sojourn in the heart of the earth on the first day, how can he complete three days and three nights except that His sojourns ends during the third night. Therefore, this third night is part of the third day.

Matthew 17:23 KJV, "And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.” As in Matthew 16:21, this third day means both the daylight portion of a day followed by the night portion of the day as well, since it has already been established that He will rise during the night time portion of a day.

Matthew 20:19 KJV, "And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.” As in Matthew 16:21, this third day means both the daylight portion of a day followed by the night portion of the day as well, since it has already been established that He will rise during the night time portion of a day.

Matthew 26:61 KJV, "And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days." Even though this was a false witness speaking, this part of his testimony was true. Refer to John 2:19-20 below. By cross referencing with Mark 14:58 below, we know that when Yahoshua said He would build the temple in three days that He was referring to the temple of His body. He was prophesying that He would rise from the dead on the third day (the nighttime portion of the third day).

Matthew 27:40 KJV, "And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the [execution stake].

Matthew 27:62-64 KJV, "62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate. 63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. 64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first." Since His body died on preparation day, Thursday Abib 13, then after 3 days would be Saturday Abib 15. Thursday is day one, Thursday night is night one; Friday is day two, Friday night is night two; Saturday day is day three, Saturday night is night three. If one tries to count, for even one minute or one second, into Sunday Abib 16 then we are speaking of day four. Matthew 12:40 and Matthew 27:63 must be in agreement with each other. Matthew 12:40 does not support a fourth day of being in the heart of the earth.

5.b. But there is more to be said about Matthew 27:64. The time marker "be made sure until the third day" shows us that the Pharisees apparently believed Yahoshua's prophecy. One day and night had already passed. It was now the second day of His death and they obviously were not concerned about His body being stolen the first night. They were concerned about the day of Saturday both the day time hours and the night time hours that followed. So, when they made known their request to Pilate, it was Friday (Passover). When they requested the tomb be made secure until the third day, they were counting from Friday and going forward in time until Sunday. Yahoshua's prophecy was that He would rise sometime Saturday night, if the Pharisees secured the tomb until Sunday then they felt that they had it covered. In reality, this group of demonized Pharisees were looking to the power of Rome to stop the resurrection power of God. Ignorant men!

Mark 8:31 KJV, "And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.” The word day has several meanings and it must be determined from the context which of those meanings apply. We know that Matthew 12:40 sets the stage regarding the count of days and nights in which Yahoshua’s body will be dead. Since He died during the daylight hours, then He must have risen during the nighttime hours of a 24-hour day. Matthew 12:40 uses the word day to mean the daylight portion of a day only.

Mark 9:31 KJV, "For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.” As in Matthew 16:21, this third day means both the daylight portion of a day followed by the night portion of the day as well, since it has already been established that He will rise during the night time portion of a day.

Mark 10:34 KJV, "And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.” As in Matthew 16:21, this third day means both the daylight portion of a day followed by the night portion of the day as well, since it has already been established that He will rise during the night time portion of a day.

Mark 14:58 KJV, "We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands."

Mark 15:29 KJV, "And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days[.]"

Luke 9:22 KJV, "Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day."

Luke 18:33 KJV, "And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again."

Luke 24:7 KJV, "Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again."

Luke 24:46 KJV, "And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day[.]"

John 2:19-20 KJV, "19 [Yahoshua] answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?" Yahoshua, of course, was speaking of the temple of His body that He would raise up.

Acts 10:40 KJV, "Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly[.]"

1 Corinthians 15:4 KJV, "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures[.]"

5.c. There is a possible problem with Matthew 27:63 wherein the Pharisees are reported to have said "after (Strong's 3326 meta) three days". My concern is about the word after. Let us assume that the Greek word meta was the valid choice that the translators had to use. This phrase means to us in modern day English that Christ was not going to rise on the third day, but after the third day, which is the fourth day. If this is exactly what the Pharisees spoke and meant, then they were lying to Pilate. These Pharisees have already shown themselves to be men of low degree without integrity, without the love of God, and actually full of hate for God. So, if they embellished their story to Pilate to suit their own desires, that is not hard for us to believe. What is important for us today, as we study these Scriptures, is not to be confused and believe that we have a verse that claims that Christ will rise on the fourth day, when we know that is not true. At the most we have a Scripture that shows the Pharisees claimed that Christ said the fourth day, when in actuality He never said anything other than the third day.

Zeke25

rstrats,

Just to explain my agenda. I'm not here to defend a denomination. I am not here to win an argument. I'm here because I love people as Christ does. I want to see them turn from fables and lies and embrace the Son of God and be saved.

Rick

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
zeke25,
re: "In answer to your question...Mt. 12:40 is not using Jewish idiomatic language."

I don't think so either. However, there ARE those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week who say that Matthew 12:40 IS using common Jewish idiomatic language. For the purpose of this topic I am simply asking them for examples of writing from that time period to support their assertion.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
rstrats said:
zeke25,
re: "In answer to your question...Mt. 12:40 is not using Jewish idiomatic language."

I don't think so either. However, there ARE those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week who say that Matthew 12:40 IS using common Jewish idiomatic language. For the purpose of this topic I am simply asking them for examples of writing from that time period to support their assertion.
rstrats,

You've been at this for what, about 2 years? Apparently no one has stepped forward yet. But, if someone does, I can assure you of one thing - it will be bogus. Oh, they might even quote some Rabbi from 500 AD, but that would be Rabbinic Judaism which didn't exist during all Biblical times from Genesis to Revelation. Therefore, it would not be a valid proposition or statement of reliable fact. Rabbinic Judaism gave us the current corrupt Jewish calendar. And this is not the only thing that their imaginations run wild with. Yes, they do have some things right, but they also have some whacko stuff too.

Please don't overlook the most important point. The Bible has your answer, as I've pointed out to you. You do not need the opinions of men.

For example, I'm dialoging with Webers_Home under the thread of "Good Friday". He is thoroughly confused about the issue because he only has the opinions of men and refuses to read and study the Bible without those preconceived false notions.

Rick

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
zeke25,

re: "The Bible has your answer..."

The answer from scripture would be fine, but I'm not aware of any scripture that has it.

re: "You do not need the opinions of men."

I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for actual examples of writing that shows that a phrase stating a specific number of days and/or a specific number of nights was used in the first century or before when it absolutely couldn't have included at least a part of each one of the specific number of days and at least a part of each one of the specific number of nights.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
rstrats said:
zeke25,

re: "The Bible has your answer..."

The answer from scripture would be fine, but I'm not aware of any scripture that has it.

re: "You do not need the opinions of men."

I'm not looking for opinions. I'm looking for actual examples of writing that shows that a phrase stating a specific number of days and/or a specific number of nights was used in the first century or before when it absolutely couldn't have included at least a part of each one of the specific number of days and at least a part of each one of the specific number of nights.
Hi rstrats,

You will not find such a document or writing from the 1st century. No one has produced one yet and if they do it will be a forgery.

First century men and before were not dummies. They knew how to count. It is illogical for anyone to count from a Friday crucifixion (which it was not done on Friday) to a Sunday early morning resurrection (which it did not happen on a Sunday) and call that 3D/3N.

But most importantly, it was not necessary for men at that time in history to fabricate a 3D/3N scenario from Friday at 3PM to Sunday at 1 second AM and call it 3D/3N. The reason it was not necessary is because everyone at that time and vicinity knew when it happened and what the day and night count was. It was common knowledge, everyone who was interested knew it. Luke 24:18 KJV, “And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

Matthew 12:40 says three days and three nights for a purpose. It specifically outlines that at least a part of three nights and a part of three days must be included in the count. It does not allow for three days and only two nights, with the illogical and down right stupid idea that one of those three days includes a night that was not part of the count. Yes, sometimes a day is a twenty-four hour period and would include both the day and night portions of that day. This is why Yahoshua was so specific in Mt. 12:40 - so that there would be no mistake about it, He was speaking of three actual days (the daylight portion only) and three actual nights (the night portion only).

This is as close as you are going to get to a Biblical answer as abbreviated as this.

The Bible does not say we can eat ice cream. That doesn’t mean we cannot chose to eat it. But there are cults and groups that would make rules about not eating ice cream. There are very confused people in the world.

So, the Bible does not specify in all situations how we must count days, or how we must could days and nights. We count them they same way we count them today. One determines from the context how to do it.

Yahoshua knew what He was saying, and why He was saying it when He said the count would be for three days and for three nights. It is really very simple, except when one has sat under false teaching their whole life, been lied to their whole life, and their mind has been taken captive to an absurdity.

So, the men perpetuating this absurdity continually “change the times” in order to keep this issue from ever being understood by anyone. Except, they cannot defeat God Almighty and those who are His.

Let’s look at the count prior to the change of a day start. If we mistakenly use Friday as the day of crucifixion, then Friday is day 1. Friday night is night 1. Saturday is day 2 and Saturday night is night 2. Then if they mistakenly (with no biblical support whatsoever) say He rose on Sunday morning after sunrise, then Sunday is day 3. Where is night 3? It doesn’t exist. So, these same heretics suddenly decide we get to count Sunday night as night 3 even though it is obviously not part of the count.

The same logic happens after the corruption of a day start to nightfall. If we mistakenly use Friday as the day of crucifixion, then Friday is day 1. Saturday night follows and is night 1. Then Saturday day is day 2. Sunday night is night 2. Sunday day becomes day 3. Where is night 3? It doesn’t exist. So, these same heretics suddenly decide we get to count Friday night as night 3 even though it is obviously not part of the count.

Now if we factor in the fact that the Bible teaches that He rose from the dead prior to Sunday sunrise then we lose day 3 in both scenarios.

So, now these heretics have to twist the Scriptures even more to convince every one that He really did rise from the dead on Sunday, even though that violates the plain language in the Bible. But it is not plain to everyone. It is not plain to them because they have been deceived and taught their entire life how to be biblically illiterate and never be able to figure out the truth that is printed on the pages right in front of them. This is why I teach about “time markers” in the Scriptures (which no one else does). Because all the time markers are there to identify in all four gospels that He rose on Saturday night prior to Sunday sunrise.

Why are these religious men and businesses (some call them churches) so insistent that He must have died on Friday and risen on Sunday?

Friday is the anniversary date of the first Passover in Exodus. But the Bible no where states that our Passover Lamb must be sacrificed on the exact anniversary date - that Scripture does not exist. But to some it is blasphemy if one doesn’t adhere to a Friday crucifixion. Those people are all emotion and no substance. They are all emotion and biblically illiterate at the same time.

Sunday resurrection is so very important to so very many because they all have church on Sunday. Why have church on Sunday if He rose on Saturday? It is unthinkable to them for it to be any other way. They will deny Christ Himself before they will deny a Sunday resurrection. It is all emotion and no substance. They are all emotion and biblically illiterate at the same time.

These people must give maintenance to this Friday and Sunday false idea until Christ returns. They must suppress or ridicule any other view. They must lie until pigs fly and justify the lying in order to maintain this heretical theology. And they are willing to do so. Many of them live fat, happy, and rich on this theology. Do any thing you want, but don’t mess with my bank account.

I’ve written about 10 treatises that approach this subject from multiple different ways. It has taken 57,000 words to explain it all and to unravel the deception placed upon the world. But these words are useless to those who do not want them. Christ died for the sin of every man on earth. But that sacrifice was useless for those who do not want to be saved from their sin. His Holy Spirit wrote 66 books and many more thousands of words than I ever could. But those words are useless to those who love the world and to those who love being deceived by the enemy of their souls. They need to fear God, not man.

I will begin sharing those 57,000 words to you if you want. In fact, you’ve already read some of them.

Zeke25

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
The question is not, "How do we count days?". The question is, "WHy did Jesus tell the scribes and Pharisees 'three days and three nights' but His disciples, "on the third day' "?

The use of "three days and three nights" is used just one time in the new testament.

Consider the context. Jesus had just called the scribes and Pharisees a "brood of vipers" and demanded a sign from Him to demonstrate his authority.

His response began:

“An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. etc."
(Mat 12:39-41ff)

Jesus intentionally did not speak clearly to scribes and Pharisees who, of all people, should have recognized who He was but who were His enemies having set themselves in opposition to the will of God.

“Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive
;
(Mat 13:13-14)

From these words of Jesus, we can conclude that it was not His intention to provide the scribes and Pharisees with specific information saying He would spend exactly 3 whole days and 3 whole nights "in the heart of the earth." (ie: in the grave) He gave them enough information so that, after HIs resurrection, they would be able to understand if they chose to cease being His enemies and to be open to hear and see what God doing in Jesus.

On the other hand, in speaking to his disciples, Jesus spoke to them in explicti terms concerning His arrest, abuse, crucifixion, death, and resurrection so, when they saw it, they would definitely understand.

He told them specifically that he would rise "on the third day" on at least nine occasions and probably more often. The first day is the day of His crucifixion; the second of His Sabbath rest in the grave, and the third, the day of HIs resurrection.
From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

Mat 16:21; 17:23; 20:19 Mar 9:31; 10:34 Luk 9:22; 18:33; 24:7, 46

There is no need to try to make "three days and three nights" equal "on the third day" and/or move the cricifixion back to Thursday.

jim

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
zeke25 said:
Bibliocentrist,
Therein lies your fatal problem. You are using the current Rabbinical Jewish Calendar and trying to line it up with the current Gregorian Calendar. Neither calendar was in existence during crucifixion week (It's like a comedy club routine). Therefore, you will be chasing your tail like a dog forever and never come to any reliable conclusion. If you really want an answer, you will have to break from every commentary and scholar you've ever read on the subject (Throw their mumbo jumbo into the trash can where it belongs). The answers are not there. The answers are in your Bible, if you know how to discern it for yourself.
Zeke25
"Throw their mumbo jumbo into the trash can where it belongs"

Eggs Ackley

From the testimony of a disciple of the apostles:

[SIZE=14pt]Justin Martyr : The First Apology of Justin [/SIZE]C.100-162 AD
But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday, the day before the "day of Saturn" is Friday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, (Sunday) having appeared to His apostles and disciples,…

[SIZE=14pt]The Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] C. 50-117 AD, Bishop of Antioch[/SIZE]
Chapter IX.—Let Us Live with Christ.

If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day[SIZE=1.5pt][1][/SIZE]…

…And after the observance of the Sabbath, let every friend of Christ keep the Lord’s Day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]. Looking forward to this, the prophet declared, “To the end, for the eighth day,” on which our life both sprang up again, and the victory over death was obtained in Christ, …

…At the dawning of the Lord’s day He arose from the dead, according to what was spoken by Himself, “As Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly, so shall the Son of man also be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” The day of the preparation, then, comprises the passion; the Sabbath embraces the burial; the Lord’s Day contains the resurrection.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
JimParker said:
"Throw their mumbo jumbo into the trash can where it belongs"

Eggs Ackley

From the testimony of a disciple of the apostles:

[SIZE=14pt]Justin Martyr : The First Apology of Justin [/SIZE]C.100-162 AD
But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday, the day before the "day of Saturn" is Friday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, (Sunday) having appeared to His apostles and disciples,…

[SIZE=14pt]The Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] C. 50-117 AD, Bishop of Antioch[/SIZE]
Chapter IX.—Let Us Live with Christ.

If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day[SIZE=1.5pt][1][/SIZE]…

…And after the observance of the Sabbath, let every friend of Christ keep the Lord’s Day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]. Looking forward to this, the prophet declared, “To the end, for the eighth day,” on which our life both sprang up again, and the victory over death was obtained in Christ, …

…At the dawning of the Lord’s day He arose from the dead, according to what was spoken by Himself, “As Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly, so shall the Son of man also be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.” The day of the preparation, then, comprises the passion; the Sabbath embraces the burial; the Lord’s Day contains the resurrection.
Unfortunately, Justin Martyr didn't know what he was talking about. Justin doesn't override Scripture. All 4 gospels teach that He was raised from the dead prior to Sunday sunrise, therefore, He rose from the dead on Saturday night.
Zeke25

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
zeke25 said:
Unfortunately, Justin Martyr didn't know what he was talking about. Justin doesn't override Scripture. All 4 gospels teach that He was raised from the dead prior to Sunday sunrise, therefore, He rose from the dead on Saturday night.
Zeke25
Ah, Justin Martyr, who was taught by the apostles didn't know what he was talking about but you, (who was taught by who?? Nobody?) You know! AMAZING!!!!

To the Jews, Sunday began at sundown on Saturday. So, being raised after sundown on Saturday IS raising on the third day.

So, as Justin said:

For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (the day of Saturn is Saturday, the day before the "day of Saturn" is Friday
and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, (Sunday) having appeared to His apostles and disciples,…

And Ignatius, the disciple of John and Peter said: The day of the preparation, (Friday) then, comprises the passion; the Sabbath (Saturday) embraces the burial; the Lord’s Day (Sunday) contains the resurrection.

You don't have to know the truth is you don't want to.

But you should really keep comments like "Justin Martyr didn't know what he was talking about" to yourself so that you might have a slight chance of being taken seriously.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
JimParker,
re: "...Justin Martyr, who was taught by the apostles..."

How do you know that? Wouldn't the apostles have all been dead by the time he got around to looking into Christianity after spending years studying other philosophical schools of thought?

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
JimParker said:
Ah, Justin Martyr, who was taught by the apostles didn't know what he was talking about but you, (who was taught by who?? Nobody?) You know! AMAZING!!!!

To the Jews, Sunday began at sundown on Saturday. So, being raised after sundown on Saturday IS raising on the third day.

So, as Justin said:

For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (the day of Saturn is Saturday, the day before the "day of Saturn" is Friday
and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, (Sunday) having appeared to His apostles and disciples,…

And Ignatius, the disciple of John and Peter said: The day of the preparation, (Friday) then, comprises the passion; the Sabbath (Saturday) embraces the burial; the Lord’s Day (Sunday) contains the resurrection.

But you should really keep comments like "Justin Martyr didn't know what he was talking about" to yourself so that you might have a slight chance of being taken seriously.
Jim Parker,

I was taught by the Apostles and by the Holy Ghost. Shouldn't we all be? And, no, the Jews did not practice a sundown day start during all biblical times from Genesis to Revelation. Where have you been hiding out? You are following the teachings of Rabbinical Judaism regarding a day start. Why are you doing that? Rabbinical Judaism did not exist during all biblical times from Genesis to Revelation. Go to the thread "A Day Begins At Sunrise" at http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20216-a-day-begins-at-sunrise/post #1. There I explain that the Bible teaches a sunrise day start, and always has right from the beginning.

Also, the day of preparation was not Friday, the crucifixion was not on Friday, and the resurrection was not on Sunday. Keep following Justin Martyr and you will forever be immersed in confusion. I'm not the least bit concerned about being taken seriously, especially by someone who prefers the teaching of men (such as Justin Martyr and the Rabbinic Jews) rather than the teachings of the Bible. You are following the gospel of man, not the gospel of God. I might suggest that you need to get serious about serious Bible study and stop studying the teachings of men.

Zeke25

JimParker said:

So, as Justin said:

Jim Parker,

Post #157 in this thread, I already explained the day of preparation and the chronology of it. It is a different day than the day of Passover.

Justin Martyr must submit to the authority of the Scriptures, just like everyone else. He does not do so. Therefore, he is not a reliable teacher, and a prudent person would throw his writings in the garbage where they belong.

Zeke25

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
<<I'm not the least bit concerned about being taken seriously, >>

Good! The you won't mind if I just ignore you rather than taking you seriously. I've already heard all that nonsense before from ignorant and arrogant people who claim they were "taught by the apostles and the Holy Ghost" and therefore know better than the tens of thousands of real scholars who have come before them.

Thank you for playing.

Have a nice day.

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
JimParker said:

Good! The you won't mind if I just ignore you rather than taking you seriously. I've already heard all that nonsense before from ignorant and arrogant people who claim they were "taught by the apostles and the Holy Ghost" and therefore know better than the tens of thousands of real scholars who have come before them.

Thank you for playing.

Have a nice day.
For those who may be listening in, please notice that Jim Parker has no Scriptural rebuttal. He has yet to challenge a single Scripture that I have presented him with. This is because he is very familiar with himself and his own intellectual abilities and very familiar with the teaching of heretics, but he is Biblically illiterate and has little to no knowledge of the Bible.

You can also see that he thinks this is a game. Also he is a mind reader. He knows who is a real scholar and who is not. You see, in his mind a real scholar believes in and worships Justin Martyr.

Jim, if you're going to post on a Christian forum you need to use Scriptures, not your own personal whims and ideas, otherwise no one will take you seriously.

Zeke25

JimParker said:

Thank you for playing.

Have a nice day.
Jim Parker,

Here's what the LORD says to you and your unmitigated arrogance:

Isaiah 65:6 KJV, "Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day."

Zeke25