"Three Earth Ages" same as the "Gap Theory"??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
First Earth AgeGenesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.II Peter 3:5 - For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.Isaiah 45:18 - For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.Jeremiah 4:22 - For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.Jeremiah 4:23 - I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.Jeremiah 4:24 - I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.Jeremiah 4:25 - I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.Jeremiah 4:26 - I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.Jeremiah 4:27 - For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.II Peter 3:6 - Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:Second Earth AgeGenesis 1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.II Peter 3:7 - But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
I think this is pretty interestingI don't understand the Earth ages. is it suggesting that all of us had a preexistence? or am I misreading it? I could be doing that. lolI'm very confused
sad.gif
Also, I never knew that there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. Didn't superjag or someone else say that Genesis 1:2 had something to do with the book of Revelation?and when God moved the authors of the Bible to write, why do you guys think that He put Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 together? Do they have anything to do with each other, if I'm wrong about Genesis 1:2 referring to the book of Revelation?I'm sorry about all the questions, people
sad.gif
all of this is new stuff to me

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes you are right we are saying all souls were created in the first earth ageyes there is a gap it is in the meaning of the hebrew wordsGenesis itself is a sister book to Rev. but not this verse that I see

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh, okayI'm sorry. This is the first time I'm being introduced to this. was the Creation week during the three earth ages? And from when God said "Let there be light" to the creation of man, is all of that happening at once, or is there a gap between those, too?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Morning_Joy;39000)
oh, okayI'm sorry. This is the first time I'm being introduced to this. was the Creation week during the three earth ages? And from when God said "Let there be light" to the creation of man, is all of that happening at once, or is there a gap between those, too?
Genesis 1:3 is the starting of the first "day" of the Second Earth Age and it is irrevelant(sp?) to the First Earth Age.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The first earth age was ended because of Satans rebellion called the katabole then as Jag says the second earth age and the story of the Bible and this age starts in Genesis 1:3 the third earth age starts after the second coming and the milliuem when God destroys the earth with fire and we see a new heaven and new earth thats written in Rev. maybe thats what you were thinking of

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh, okayare we angels or are we mankind? within this biblically supported belief, is there a difference between the two?

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
that does make sense, krissthanks to you both (kriss and superjag) for helping me
smile.gif
are you guys going to be online for a few more minutes?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We are spirit (not ghosts) with substance in the first earth age, in this earth age we are flesh and in the thrid we are again our true spirit selfs spirit is our natural state not fleshto be absent from the body is to be present with the lord we also are told we will be changed back to our spirit bodies in the twinkling of a eye as Christ returnWhat doesnt make sense???

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Morning_Joy;39004)
oh, okayare we angels or are we mankind? within this biblically supported belief, is there a difference between the two?
In this age, we are mankind, as we are flesh. In the First Earth Age, we were in our spiritual body... Angels and man looks the same, except we are in the flesh body (for now) and angels are in their spiritual body. However, they can transfigure themselves so that humans can see.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yes we are still who we are just without flesh and it says each person must be born of water this is not baptism it is the sack of water that each embryo is enclosed in before birth. We are born with a free will to choose to follow Christ and love God this is the foundation of Gods plan that each choose who they will followhttp://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Morning_Joy;39012)
oh, okayso we're still mankind even when in spiritual bodies?
The only difference between flesh (man) and spiritual body is... While we are made in the flesh, they are males and females (Genesis 1:26-28) The spiritual body only has a male...there is no such thing as a female angel.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
that is very interesting
biggrin.gif
I never knew thatso, what is the spiritual body that we each had like? did it have hair, organs?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It has substance just as the Angels are said to eat Manna our spirit body is not a ghostin fact when the flesh dies they have documented that in death the human body weighs some several ounces less as soon as it dies is this the weight of the soul/spirit that leaves the body upon the death of the flesh

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh, wow. I never knew that either.is our spiritual body different from God, since He is spirit?

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
hey, krissI think you, or someone else, had a link to a site that showed a good diagram (it looked almost like a venn diagram) of the three Earth ages. It showed events from Scripture that led from one age to another. Do you know if you still have it?