Timing The Birth Of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but may I add this also. these events, just for anyone's edification, are recorded in the book of Revelation chapter 12.
I'd have to disagree with that. Alot of people believe its talking about Mary and Jesus... And there is good reason... But it really covers the history of the world from genesis to the present day.

Its the type of chapter you can have a lot of different takes on, I suppose. So maybe its wrong to disagree. But while there may be shades of Jesus's birth and Mary, there's a much more important message. That is, the message of grace.

By the wy, i am still at a loss as to qhat Palm Sunday has to do with the birth of Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd have to disagree with that. Alot of people believe its talking about Mary and Jesus... And there is good reason... But it really covers the history of the world from genesis to the present day.

Its the type of chapter you can have a lot of different takes on, I suppose. So maybe its wrong to disagree. But while there may be shades of Jesus's birth and Mary, there's a much more important message. That is, the message of grace.

By the wy, i am still at a loss as to qhat Palm Sunday has to do with the birth of Jesus.
first thanks for the reply.
second, there is nothing wrong in disagreeing, for Iron sharpen Iron. the whole book of Revelation do, Gen - Jud, but chapter 12 is the record of his birth, and the major players.

the timing is before the Church age of GRACE. and as to Palm Sunday connection to his birth, I see none nor the 25th day of December.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Palm Sunday was fairly easy to predict; and from that, the wise men
probably obtained a pretty good rough idea when to expect Jesus' birth.

The explanation is a bit too long to post. Follow the link below for details.

Palm Sunday

Plus, the wise men had an advantage. According to Matt 2:12, they were in
contact with God. In other words: the men weren't acting on their own
initiative: they were on a mission; directed and supervised by divine
oversight.
_
The link you posted puts forth the starting date for the 70 Weeks as being 445 B.C. - that is incorrect. 445 B.C is the date where Artaxerxes reinstated his temporarily suspended original decree which was given by him in 457 B.C. according to Ezra 7 and proven by extra-Biblical, undeniable archaeological evidence. That's why the old Bibles used to list 457 B.C. in the margin, NOT 445 B.C.

445 B.C. totally messes up the 70 Weeks prophecy and the inseparable 2,300 days prophecy from which it is derived.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the only thing we do know for certain in this timing, is that Jesus was born before Herod died.
We know for sure when Christ was baptized - 27 A.D. when He "began to be about 30 years old" (a priest had to reach 30 before he could begin to minister).

27 A.D. was the only year when Tiberius, Pilate, and Herod reigned simultaneously, according to the Syro-Macedonian calendar that Luke preferred. That means He as born 4 B.C.