Tired of confessing sin?... Here is how you stop.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
SAINT....

You are "made free from sin"., if you are born again and not just water baptized and religious.

What you are struggling with is sin consciousness, not sin.

Paul said' "i seen another law warring against ">..= "Inside me".

See that?
That is what is happening to you Reader...., because you are not in real faith., you are in the flesh.....the mind of the flesh.

"""O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth"""

""""Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit (born again), are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh (self effort -works, and self righteousness)?""""

The ""flesh"" Paul is showing you in those verses is that struggle you feel to try to be good and "Be like Christ", and fail.
You can't do that.. ..and because its not possible to do that by WILL POWER and striving to be good, ...what happens is....."the law is the power of sin". on you.

See that?

This means that when a believer is trying to do good so that God will accept you and keep you saved... wrongly believing that this is Christian FAITH, then the Law is now empowering your carnality to be worse.
= Sin Consciousness.

"the harder i try, the worse it gets"... "oh wretched man that I AM... = (the carnal mind)...who will deliver me from this BODY (the flesh mind) of death"....

See that?

THAT....is Trying to keep the law,......its the same as trying to stay saved, or trying not to lose your salvation, as you are struggling to do that by SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS., and that is broken faith.

Self Righteousness, is the self willed THINKING... regarding trying to MAKE SELF RIGHT WITH GOD BY WORKS.

That struggle is this......>"that which i would do, i cant do, and that which i hate i do".

To stop that, you have to end trying to be accepted by God based on your behavior and change your mind from that to..>"i am always accepted by God, because CHRIST has made me eternally accepted by God = THE CROSS....The Blood of Jesus,.... The GIFT of Salvation...The New Covenant......Justified by Faith.
AS ALL of that is GOD's Saving GRACE.
THAT is the GIFT of SALVATION.
THAT is..."Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the LAW".

Paul told you to "renew your mind" = Learn to believe what i just showed you, and that "confessing issue" will leave your walk with God and become this......>"CHRIST always gives me the VICTORY">.... over my flesh, the world and the devil.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:9=="""If""" we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile… In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” (Romans 2:5-16)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean…” (Ezekiel 22:26)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1 John 1:9=="""If""" we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Your verse is written to unbelievers.

Now read 1 John 3:9, and notice that the born again "do not sin".

So, you need to understand that the bible is filled with verses that are not talking directly to the born again.
Some of them are talking to Pharisees, or Greeks, or unbelievers.

The first rule to learn, so that you can "rightly divide" the word of God, is to realize....>"some of this stuff is not pointed at the CHRISTIAN".... like Hebrews 10:26.

So.....That would be a lot of verses that are given before Jesus died on the Cross, has to be understood.

ALL New Testament verses have to be DISCERNED, in the Light of the Cross, as the Cross and the Resurrection of Jesus The Lord changed everything.

For example.

""""The CURSE of the LAW""" was removed and the GRACE OF GOD was revealed....as "The born again are NOT UNDER THE LAW, but UNDER GRACE".

For example.

"where sin abounds....GRACE MORE ABOUNDS".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
''''ALL'''' sin and come up short of the glory of God.

thats true.

and God sent virgin born Jesus to us so that by His Stripes and upon His Cross, we are forgiven all our sin, and "made righteous" by the "one time eternal Sacrifice of Jesus"..

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)
Yes, if one has only "tasted", they have not "eaten" of salvation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If we say we have no sin we make God's Word a lie!!===Not smart!!

Yes, an unbeliever, in that verse, should never say that..... or any time...but they do.

Mary Baker Eddy said it.
Scientology says it.
Gnostics say it.

The Cross of Christ says you have sin and Jesus has taken care of it..........which is why He said from the Cross..."It is FINISHED".

Whereas the born again are "made free from Sin" because "God has made Jesus to become sin for us".

The born again don't have it......Jesus has it and died for it, and came up out of the GRAVE without it.

The born again are a "new creation in Christ"......>"made Righteous"..

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“…the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Thats true.
And when you are on a forum, trying to ruin real believers faith, by twisting the bible against the Cross of Christ, falsely telling them that they can lose their salvation, then you are become the very person in that Verse. and that's a fact, Michiah-imla.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean…” (Ezekiel 22:26)
That passage is to those who crucified Christ--not those who sup' with Him, not those who have been "cleansed"...as you can see in former verses:

23 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 24 “Son of man, say to her: ‘You are a land that is not cleansed or rained on in the day of indignation.’

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, if one has only "tasted", they have not "eaten" of salvation.

Absolutely.
That is why they "last a little while but fall away, having no ROOT".

Jesus is the "Root of Jesse".
Jesus is the vine, the core, the ROCK of our Salvation.
Jesus said...>"I and my Father are ONE".

To taste the Gospel, is to hear it, but not to believe it with all your heart and be born again.

In Hebrew 6 & 10, the unsaved HEBREWS, "tasted the heavenly Gift"......

That is both......1.) they heard the Truth about their Messiah, who is ..."the Gift of Salvation"< and 2.) Paul performed spiritual GIFTS in front of them, as this is the "sign of an Apostle"..... 2 Corinthians 12:12

So, they heard about the Gift of God's Grace and they saw the proof as Paul's Apostleship power in front of them, and they DECIDED ....>

"WE WILL TROD UNDER FOOT THE BLOOD OF JESUS"
WE WILL DO DESPITE TO THE SPIRIT OF GRACE
WE WILL REJECE MESSIAH AND CRUCIFY HIM AFRESH.
We WILL WILLFULLY SIN 100% CHRIST REJECTION"..

In Acts 28:28, its the same story and Paul says.....>"im done with you CHRIST REJECTING Jews.....I'll take this Gospel fo the GENTILES, and they will hear it>

= Paul is the "Apostle TO The Gentiles'

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@ScottA

I was only using the part of the text that showed what ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED ends up promoting…

Ive talked to you for 18+ months., from time to time and often for days in a row.
Not one post of yours to me, or to anyone, not one..... has ever Given JESUS The Christ and the Cross of Christ all credit for saving you and keeping you saved.

The reason is........you cant.

I can, and i do it nearly every time i post.... about 95%.
Check that out sometime., and figure that out.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one post of yours to me, or to anyone, not one..... has ever Given JESUS The Christ and the Cross of Christ all credit for saving you

I give Christ 100% credit for taking away my old sins:

“…for the remission of sins that are past…” (Romans 3:25)

Now Christ expects me to:

“…go, and sin no more.” (John 8:11)

:Thumbsup: