Tithing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
laid renard said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!!

Goooooood one. B)

Two stories regarding tithing :

Years ago was attending church, and this was when I was tithing 20%, cheerfully mind you, for I love to give.

Anyhoo, before the sermon, we were all handed tickets as we entered the church. After the sermon the pastor reached into a bowl to draw out a ticket. The winner would win a new bicycle. I remember thinking that I would walk to church and a bike sure would help me. Maybe God was going to reward me.....
To my dismay, it was awarded to a family who was better off then me, and I couldn't help but feel a little used of my tithing money as they drove off with the bike in their very nice car.
I remember thinking, "So this is what my tithes are going for?" The church could have used that money to find out who was truly in need, such a s a widow who needed groceries etc.
Opened my eyes to tithing. That is not what I want my tithes used for. Not cause I didn't get the bike :lol: , but because it just seemed so frivolous.

Next story. And this was when I was not attending church, but still felt love in my heart to help others in need. So I felt the tugging of the Holy Spirit to save my usual 20%. It totaled $60. And since I wasn't attending church, I just had it in my purse, taking up space. The next night I am watching the news and see a story of a woman who had been jay walking and was struck and killed by a car. I remember seeing her purse laying on the street all by itself, and felt so sad......
The next day I went to work only to discover that the lady who had passed in the accident was my bosses daughter. There was a box in her office that the workers had placed with a slot in it. It was to start a collection to help pay for the burial costs. I got my 20% God had instructed me to set aside and quietly slipped it in the box.
If I had been attending a church that was unwise in their dealings with the congregation's tithes, I would never have been able to do that.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I think I'm getting people mad at me :(
Oh-well................If I don't speak the truth.........the truth the Lord has shown me.........then the duck tape satan is about to put on my mouth will stick real good to the stache.

I understand your stories..........but............yes, it's good to be decerning about your tithe.....that tithe is suppose to go to the storehouse.
This storehouse is suppose to be your church...but hey..........if ya don't like church ...what can I say.....and if ya aren't going to church..maybe we need to reread the reasons why people don't go to church I posted yesterday. We must be real with ourselves. Anyway....if we pick and choose where are tithe goes other than the storehouse.......then it is not a tithe.

All you are doing is proving to God you don't trust Him with your money......and you can do a better job.
Look..............ya didn't give the tithe to the church....you gave it to God. Now what ever the church did with it...doesn't matter one bit....
God saw you gave...........and that is all that matters.......IT'S CALLED TRUST..........He doesn't need your money.
Helping people is also good.............but that is the flood gates He has opened so you can help more people with your money. But if we pick and choose, then that is not a tithe...................for you have not fully surrendered to God. Don't even the heathens do that.
I want to know where my money is going......then you have not given freely.....you are still looking at man and man's ways and picking which man to give to.
God's wants to bless you...........but hey........if all you want to do is try and bless yourself...so be it.

You just trust Him for this and that.

TRUST HIM WITH IT ALL!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Some institutions are clearly using their finances better and for more efficient ways. you don't need to know exactly what they do with the money but their track record of what they do with it. An extreme example: If you had a dollar to give would you put your dollar in the Ronald McDonald house charity box, or give it to a missionary fund at your church? The Ronald McDonald house may help Children which is an issue close to God's heart, but they do so within the confines of a secular corporate entity. Then suppose you discovered that the mission your church is sponsoring will only going to be a 1 week guided tour of the foreign nation... Hmm, not so clear cut then is it?

Just ask Jesus what he wants you to do, he may tell you something out of the blue.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
For many years I owned a collision repair shop , painted cars & aircraft etc. An interesting thing happened , myself and many of my key employees became Christians all around the same time period , but unknown to each other. ... and without involvement from any "churches" ... it was all individual decisions

Soon we realized we were all new Christians and some of us decided to attend local churches once in a while , our hearts were pure and innocent and maybe a bit naive as young Christians.

The pastor of the local pentecostal church had lent his mothers car to his youth group and they smashed up the rear end ... no proper insurance so they scrounged the money themselves and brought it to me to repair it.

My employees and I decided to give up a weekend and basically fixed the car for free in order to help out those "good" church people ... it gave us a warm feeling

When the pastor came to pick up the car we felt thrilled to tell him that other than $40 for a new taillight , the rest of the repair was free .... we saved him hundreds of dollars

His reply was .... great .... now I can buy season tickets for the Winnipeg Jets hockey games.

Boy were we pisssed

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Arnie Manitoba said:
For many years I owned a collision repair shop , painted cars & aircraft etc. An interesting thing happened , myself and many of my key employees became Christians all around the same time period , but unknown to each other. ... and without involvement from any "churches" ... it was all individual decisions

Soon we realized we were all new Christians and some of us decided to attend local churches once in a while , our hearts were pure and innocent and maybe a bit naive as young Christians.
AThe pastor of the local pentecostal church had lent his mothers car to his youth group and they smashed up the rear end ... no proper insurance so they scrounged the money themselves and brought it to me to repair it.

My employees and I decided to give up a weekend and basically fixed the car for free in order to help out those "good" church people ... it gave us a warm feeling

When the pastor came to pick up the car we felt thrilled to tell him that other than $40 for a new taillight , the rest of the repair was free .... we saved him hundreds of dollars

His reply was .... great .... now I can buy season tickets for the Winnipeg Jets hockey games.

Boy were we pisssed
He was just a man............I know you thought highly of him since you were new Christians.....I would of done the same thing............
But after many years of knowing Christ now..............I know better to rejoice in that statement..............
Now I don't look at man......actually what another man does..........especially if he is a pastor.............I figure he doesn't know Christ either.
And that bugs me......not so much that he's buying tickets to some game but if he doesn't know Christ.......................then his teachings are all in vain to his congregation.........thus sending them all to hell.
Just the opposite of any ball sport...."keep your eye on the ball"......"keep your eye off man"

I know you were new to Christianity....and I wouldn't of said this either....but you just suggested you thought it......but now you can.....because you have been following Christ now for a long time.....now we are bold for Christ.....and we can say to people like that..."Hey, wait a minute...we just did all this work for you...and we get no thanks......and now you can buy tickets?....that just doesn't seem right."

Then lets hear what he has to say then. Call em out :)

This Vale Of Tears said:
Don't repent of being tempted and resisting it. James 4:7, resisting the devil means you're submitted to God. However, your situation is conducive to my point because you certainly weren't capable of doing so. Paying 10% of one's income is great when one can afford to do so, but to think oneself righteous or others less pious for not doing so is truly an "attitude of the heart in need of repentance." Anyone who is able to pay a full tithe without detriment to their budget should not consider themselves righteous, only blessed.
Soooooooooooooo...you say.............."Paying 10% of one's income is great when can afford to do so".

Now that's my entire point......................everyone can afford to do so............10 cents for a dollar....good grief.........You have a big God.....if you let Him do big things in your life..........

Here's another very silly statement you made............"but to think oneself righteous"............stupidist thing I have ever heard.

There are 10 people sitting here with me......and I let them read your post........ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That person really needs to draw closer to God.

I don't think myself more righteous......................I just feel sorry for those who don't go all the way with God....many stop short.

Here is my personal feelings if ya would like to know....

I want all to experience God's love....and be touched by His loving Hands.............I yearn for that..........

And when I see Christians dancing around the edges............I say to myself.......wait....wait...there is so much more.

I tell you now.................YOU WILL ONLY GET OUT OF GOD...WHAT YOU PUT IN!
He gave His all......................now it's time to give our all.

Thank you Jesus.............for taking away the spirit of timidity from me..................WE STAND BOLD FOR CHRIST...A FOUNDATION THAT WILL NEVER CRACK......
MANY CHRISTIANS...CAN YA BELIEVE IT CONFESSING CHRISTIANS......KNOCK ME FOR SHOWING MY LOVE FOR JESUS....THEIR JESUS...
GO FIGURE!

And you said this.... Anyone who is able to pay a full tithe without detriment to their budget should not consider themselves righteous, only blessed.

If you look at your budget......then who are you trusting?.....sounds like you are trusting yourself.........And yes...we consider ourselves righteous because we are doing what the Lord said to do.........and yes....we are blessed for doing so.

But like I've said before.............I don't care what a person does.....that's up to them.......But I know for a fact.....if you hand over all to God............He will open the flood gates.........so you can help others when in need.......meaning you are not broke....and the testing of the Lord has now become another testimony...that you can share with those who are lost.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

I thought RANDOR'S posts were lucid, coherent, to the point, and nimble for sure. However confession time; Awhile back when the what we call the LuLu Bowl came around to me, I actually sinfully wanted to take a 40 out due to low on money. Attitude of the heart in need of repentance.

Old repentant Jack
LoL

I like the British comedys where they only have a large note so they try to get out the change.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
When Abraham gave his tithe it was on what he had, aka net income. To give from gross income before expenses puts you at a higher percentage. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm glad if your faith allows you to give more than Abraham. I do believe God will even trust you with more (even here on earth), if you can be trusted with a little.

Also consider if love of money is a problem for you personally... better be giving till you break yourself of that. If money is a curse for one of his children, what do you suppose God will do to correct that problem?

I just hope no one here legalistically gives a 10% tithe, its better to not know exactly how much your giving.

If you are going to give your money into the wrong hands and trust God to put it into the right hands there is an easier way. Wait for a windy day and go to the top of the tallest building, then throw your money over the side. On the other hand, I think discernment should play a part with good financial stewardship.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I'm not angry at you, Randor, I'm just noting that you can't address my argument that your tithe is unbiblical. Now let me clarify, it isn't unbiblical for you to pay it, it's unbiblical for you to require it of others, or any pastor of any church. I laid out a strong biblical case for my argument which you responded to with varsity cheer leader slogans. In technical terms it means you lost the argument but you're a cheerful, high spirited loser. Ultimately all of God's people are called to give, to assist with the Church, to help the poor and sick, but most of all as an act of obedience to our God. But the amount we're called to give isn't a "tithe" or any fixed amount. If you titled your thread "Giving" and omitted any prescription to a fixed amount, then you and I would have no quarrel.

lforrest said:
When Abraham gave his tithe it was on what he had, aka net income. To give from gross income before expenses puts you at a higher percentage. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm glad if your faith allows you to give more than Abraham. I do believe God will even trust you with more (even here on earth), if you can be trusted with a little.

Also consider if love of money is a problem for you personally... better be giving till you break yourself of that. If money is a curse for one of his children, what do you suppose God will do to correct that problem?

I just hope no one here legalistically gives a 10% tithe, its better to not know exactly how much your giving.

If you are going to give your money into the wrong hands and trust God to put it into the right hands there is an easier way. Wait for a windy day and go to the top of the tallest building, then throw your money over the side. On the other hand, I think discernment should play a part with good financial stewardship.
Well, there really was no net or gross income, which is nothing more than a product of the American tax withholding system. Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils of war to Melchizedek, and not just any tenth, but the very best, setting a precedent and example for the people of God for all generations. He didn't give 10% of his profits when he brought his goods to market, which is precisely the point. God never required such a thing of anyone or even asked such a thing. Yet here we're told by self serving pastors that we should be giving a full 10% of our income, not the net, but the gross, so effectively much more than 10% of our remunerations.

God has never laid so heavy a yolk on anyone, and to require it of people is to be a Pharisee, laying heavy burdens on the people of God, especially those for whom mortgage (or rent), car payment, utilities and bills and taking care of children already come to over 80%. To suggest that God wants to take away somebody's disposable income so they can't save and can't have a little recreation time is just cruel and wrong. God wants us all to give ACCORDING TO OUR ABILITIES. But if the amount we give puts a large strain on our family budget, we're giving too much and need to right size our offerings.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
I'm not angry at you, Randor, I'm just noting that you can't address my argument that your tithe is unbiblical. Now let me clarify, it isn't unbiblical for you to pay it, it's unbiblical for you to require it of others, or any pastor of any church. I laid out a strong biblical case for my argument which you responded to with varsity cheer leader slogans. In technical terms it means you lost the argument but you're a cheerful, high spirited loser. Ultimately all of God's people are called to give, to assist with the Church, to help the poor and sick, but most of all as an act of obedience to our God. But the amount we're called to give isn't a "tithe" or any fixed amount. If you titled your thread "Giving" and omitted any prescription to a fixed amount, then you and I would have no quarrel.

Well, there really was no net or gross income, which is nothing more than a product of the American tax withholding system. Abraham gave a tenth of his spoils of war to Melchizedek, and not just any tenth, but the very best, setting a precedent and example for the people of God for all generations. He didn't give 10% of his profits when he brought his goods to market, which is precisely the point. God never required such a thing of anyone or even asked such a thing. Yet here we're told by self serving pastors that we should be giving a full 10% of our income, not the net, but the gross, so effectively much more than 10% of our remunerations.

God has never laid so heavy a yolk on anyone, and to require it of people is to be a Pharisee, laying heavy burdens on the people of God, especially those for whom mortgage (or rent), car payment, utilities and bills and taking care of children already come to over 80%. To suggest that God wants to take away somebody's disposable income so they can't save and can't have a little recreation time is just cruel and wrong. God wants us all to give ACCORDING TO OUR ABILITIES. But if the amount we give puts a large strain on our family budget, we're giving too much and need to right size our offerings.
I see my so called cheer leader slogans aren't workin for ya.......so here's some more.

Jesus spoke in parables................well............so do I............but ones you should be able to get.

You still call tithing a burden..................God knows very well it is not a burden.......but if one would just trust God in this and quit negotiating not to, they would see what God was talking about. Heck................it's so easy to say...I don't need to tithe.......I understand that............but ya see..satan doesn't want you to give one red nickle to God...................why...................cause it goes to helping others to come to know God........and he also knows what happens when you do tithe...............................you become closer to God......and he hates that.
You are still looking at this through man's eyes...............and not spiritual eyes.

I know people who give pretty much of their pay check every week to God..............now........I disagree with that.......only because I couldn't afford to do that....
But..Hallelujah..................the love these people have for Christ is unbelieveable....I envy that.

if everyone tithed their would be no hunger....no thirst............the Christian foundation would be unshakeable....it's sad...only 21% of the church tithes...others weazel out by saying........whewwwwwwwwwww that was close....thank God I don't have to tithe.
I'll do everything else.....but tithing is where I step in and put my foot down.

God is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever.......you are changing Him from yesterday to today.

Again..God doesn't need your money.......and didn't say give it...he said BRING IT!

He wants to bless you financially......satan wants to keep you broke...........or breaking even.....or he doesn't care if you are rich....
but whatever you do................don't change your attitude about tithing. For satan knows God will bless you...thus making it harder for him to work in your life.

But hey......................if that 10 cents on every dollar is a big deal to ya......................keep your money.
And......giving to people is not tithing............the heathens also do that.
You will never see my people begging for bread.

God said He would restore a hundred fold what satan has taken from ya............I've got my hundred fold......so now..............my money doesn't go to drugs, porn, filth, drinking etc etc...............HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my money now goes into the furthering of the kingdom.

You always heard people say....gee,,,if only I won the lottery I could help the church out...
well...here is the hard truth...ya know ..."that truth they say will set you free" If that person isn't giving now neither will they give if they won the lottery.
10 cents................wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a lot of :blink: money

TEST ME IN THIS I did...and He does.

Tithing.....another avenue in which God can work in your life.......that in return....you will witness the miracles He performs at your trust in Him with your money.....and....your faith grows even more deeper for you savior......adding more armor to your daily dress.

Christian.........don't let 10 cents deprive you of this :(

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It is one thing for God Himself to demand a tithe be brought to His temple , I think we could all accept that

Our problem comes down to the issue of some "religious organizations" or "preachers" who try to trick you into thinking they are "god" and you should give the money to "them"

Hell of a difference

Giving to our local churches for buildings and staff and missionaries is OK and we should all do the best we can , it is hands on at the local level and all the spending is accounted for and must be approved. ... I have never seen a Rolls Royce in the pastor's parking spot at my local church.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Arnie Manitoba said:
It is one thing for God Himself to demand a tithe be brought to His temple , I think we could all accept that

Our problem comes down to the issue of some "religious organizations" or "preachers" who try to trick you into thinking they are "god" and you should give the money to "them"

Hell of a difference

Giving to our local churches for buildings and staff and missionaries is OK and we should all do the best we can , it is hands on at the local level and all the spending is accounted for and must be approved. ... I have never seen a Rolls Royce in the pastor's parking spot at my local church.
Arnie....I couldn't agree more.......thanks for sharing.

But I guess what I'm trying to say.....and it may take me longer to say it than others....and with each post from the brothers...it keeps our minds clickin.
This is my point and I thank you for makin my mind finally click :)

I know it is wise to discern where our money goes.....but....if I give to a church and that pastor goes out and buys a Rolls Royce and I get upset...then I figure my money went to that.....and if I harbor those feelings......then my money did go to that.
But if I give that money to Jesus.........then I know it went to Him........and if a pastor goes out and hires a hooker.......my money to his church went to Christ and Jesus saw that I gave it to Him in trust....my trust....only me....with no catches.

Now the pastor with the hooker..........well..he is just a man............of course he is going to sin......and if we let that move dictate our lives and say..I can't believe that man hired a hooker...after all the money I gave to this church...the nerve.....then we never gave the money to Jesus we gave thinking our money would be used as man thinks money should be used.

once my money..tithe or otherwise leaves my hands....it doesn't really matter......for I lifted it up and said....Lord this is yours do with how you wish.
So Jesus sees I gave unconditionally.......to him........not in flesh but in spirit.

Now lets get back to the pastor who hired the hooker.............he needs our prayers...for he came under attack......no man is immune.

If I haven't said it I will say it now....I really enjoy reading your posts............they are stern...........and we need to be in this time we are living.....

Thank you for not being milk toast.............Thank you for being BOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless!
Lord keep Arnie and his family blessed Lord............for he is here fighting the good fight.....I'm proud to stand on this battle field and proclaim your name with him Lord. AMEN!!!!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for your caring!

Old uncomfortable and inconvenient Jack,

The ol' Levitical regulation of tithing, ie, if I recall the gospels condemned tithing where Heb.7 gave its history - I'm with you folks, ie, ICor.16:1, etc. - the ol' new way.

Old Jack that still likes that ol' time religion and you good folks.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Thanks Randor ... I could tell you some stories.

Out of the blue god has prompted me to send complete strangers in other countries significant amounts of money ... he set it up .... i knew it was from him .... very hard for me to do .... sometimes I didn't even have the money ... used my credit card ... I closed my eyes and hit the send button

As luck would have it a year later I chanced across a newspaper article about a disabled blind girl who was at her wits end because her guide dog needed several thousand dollars of life saving surgery.

The dog had been her constant companion since childhood and she could not bear the thought of abandoning him to euthanasia at the veterinarians

She did not have the money , her devoted mother had just spent a year going thru cancer . unable to work , and she had no money either

All they could do was pray

The Lord made sure I was able to pay off the credit card ... I didn't even feel it

But to eventually hear the rest of the story was a tremendous blessing for me

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Arnie Manitoba said:
Thanks Randor ... I could tell you some stories.

Out of the blue god has prompted me to send complete strangers in other countries significant amounts of money ... he set it up .... i knew it was from him .... very hard for me to do .... sometimes I didn't even have the money ... used my credit card ... I closed my eyes and hit the send button

As luck would have it a year later I chanced across a newspaper article about a disabled blind girl who was at her wits end because her guide dog needed several thousand dollars of life saving surgery.

The dog had been her constant companion since childhood and she could not bear the thought of abandoning him to euthanasia at the veterinarians

She did not have the money , her devoted mother had just spent a year going thru cancer . unable to work , and she had no money either

All they could do was pray

The Lord made sure I was able to pay off the credit card ... I didn't even feel it

But to eventually hear the rest of the story was a tremendous blessing for me

Boy..........I just love hearing stuff like that.......wow......God is good. That's why i like to hear what God has done in people's lives.....it lifts me up also.
And I get so much out of it.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
RANDOR said:
I see my so called cheer leader slogans aren't workin for ya.......so here's some more.

Jesus spoke in parables................well............so do I............but ones you should be able to get.

You still call tithing a burden..................God knows very well it is not a burden.......but if one would just trust God in this and quit negotiating not to, they would see what God was talking about. Heck................it's so easy to say...I don't need to tithe.......I understand that............but ya see..satan doesn't want you to give one red nickle to God...................why...................cause it goes to helping others to come to know God........and he also knows what happens when you do tithe...............................you become closer to God......and he hates that.
You are still looking at this through man's eyes...............and not spiritual eyes.

I know people who give pretty much of their pay check every week to God..............now........I disagree with that.......only because I couldn't afford to do that....
But..Hallelujah..................the love these people have for Christ is unbelieveable....I envy that.

if everyone tithed their would be no hunger....no thirst............the Christian foundation would be unshakeable....it's sad...only 21% of the church tithes...others weazel out by saying........whewwwwwwwwwww that was close....thank God I don't have to tithe.
I'll do everything else.....but tithing is where I step in and put my foot down.

God is the same Yesterday, Today and Forever.......you are changing Him from yesterday to today.

Again..God doesn't need your money.......and didn't say give it...he said BRING IT!

He wants to bless you financially......satan wants to keep you broke...........or breaking even.....or he doesn't care if you are rich....
but whatever you do................don't change your attitude about tithing. For satan knows God will bless you...thus making it harder for him to work in your life.

But hey......................if that 10 cents on every dollar is a big deal to ya......................keep your money.
And......giving to people is not tithing............the heathens also do that.
You will never see my people begging for bread.

God said He would restore a hundred fold what satan has taken from ya............I've got my hundred fold......so now..............my money doesn't go to drugs, porn, filth, drinking etc etc...............HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my money now goes into the furthering of the kingdom.

You always heard people say....gee,,,if only I won the lottery I could help the church out...
well...here is the hard truth...ya know ..."that truth they say will set you free" If that person isn't giving now neither will they give if they won the lottery.
10 cents................wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's a lot of :blink: money

TEST ME IN THIS I did...and He does.

Tithing.....another avenue in which God can work in your life.......that in return....you will witness the miracles He performs at your trust in Him with your money.....and....your faith grows even more deeper for you savior......adding more armor to your daily dress.

Christian.........don't let 10 cents deprive you of this :(
Wow, that was a big post!

And in all of that, and I read every word, you've failed with flying colors (literally) to address the fact that requiring a tithe, or even insisting it's the right thing to do, is unbiblical, as I argued in my first post. Your posts are all flair and no substance, demonstrating a weak grasp of the scriptures and what they actually communicate. All the pomp conceals your inadequacy at forming and defending a strong argument, at least on this subject. Make one twice as long as you just did here and you'll still fail to advance a formidable argument. I'm not impressed by your big block letters of varying colors, I'm impressed by knowledge of the Bible and sound exegesis. So far I've seen none of that.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
Wow, that was a big post!

And in all of that, and I read every word, you've failed with flying colors (literally) to address the fact that requiring a tithe, or even insisting it's the right thing to do, is unbiblical, as I argued in my first post. Your posts are all flair and no substance, demonstrating a weak grasp of the scriptures and what they actually communicate. All the pomp conceals your inadequacy at forming and defending a strong argument, at least on this subject. Make one twice as long as you just did here and you'll still fail to advance a formidable argument. I'm not impressed by your big block letters of varying colors, I'm impressed by knowledge of the Bible and sound exegesis. So far I've seen none of that.
Darn it.................I was so trying to impress you with colors, smily faces and beautiful fonts......
Soooooooooooooooooo...what impresses you is knowledge of the bible and sound exegesis....hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

I find your statements irrelevant at most...............they carry no substance........and they can't stand on their own.

I feel sorry......since you are stuck in this reasoning oneself has adapted to....leaves you with only this phrase..."I'll guess you will never know"

You do what you wish..that was the entire reason for this thread....for those to jump for joy who do tithe.....and for those to share why they don't.

I'll tell ya what.........I'll keep on tithing...and seeing the miracles God provides for those who do.
And you keep on not tithing.

This is 2014.............and Christian vs Christian has to stop. That's why we are where we are today.....

Dang!......................I want so bad to throw out some big fonts and colors and a few smiley faces......
I'm just curious.....I wonder if This Vale Of Tears is a Catholic?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
RANDOR said:
Darn it.................I was so trying to impress you with colors, smily faces and beautiful fonts......
Soooooooooooooooooo...what impresses you is knowledge of the bible and sound exegesis....hmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

I find your statements irrelevant at most...............they carry no substance........and they can't stand on their own.

I feel sorry......since you are stuck in this reasoning oneself has adapted to....leaves you with only this phrase..."I'll guess you will never know"

You do what you wish..that was the entire reason for this thread....for those to jump for joy who do tithe.....and for those to share why they don't.

I'll tell ya what.........I'll keep on tithing...and seeing the miracles God provides for those who do.
And you keep on not tithing.

This is 2014.............and Christian vs Christian has to stop. That's why we are where we are today.....

Dang!......................I want so bad to throw out some big fonts and colors and a few smiley faces......

I'm just curious.....I wonder if This Vale Of Tears is a Catholic?
Of course I'm Catholic. That's never been concealed. But I'm also extremely familiar and well versed in the controversies that occupy the protestant and evangelical circles.

And you didn't even attempt, using the Bible, to refute my biblical arguments; you just retched empty persiflage about it being irrelevant and lacking substance, both of which are patently false. I'm beginning to think you're Bible illiterate and so as a poor substitution for true acumen, you think you can use my catholic faith as a weapon against me. That's more than a little pathetic.

And as far as you being a recipient of more blessing and more miracles? Don't count on it. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find you put a lot of stock in anecdotal evidence. That just seems to be how you roll.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
Of course I'm Catholic. That's never been concealed. But I'm also extremely familiar and well versed in the controversies that occupy the protestant and evangelical circles.

And you didn't even attempt, using the Bible, to refute my biblical arguments; you just retched empty persiflage about it being irrelevant and lacking substance, both of which are patently false. I'm beginning to think you're Bible illiterate and so as a poor substitution for true acumen, you think you can use my catholic faith as a weapon against me. That's more than a little pathetic.

And as far as you being a recipient of more blessing and more miracles? Don't count on it. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find you put a lot of stock in anecdotal evidence. That just seems to be how you roll.
I knew it!............... :)
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......my spirit never lets me down....Now back to fabulous fonts and smiley faces :)
ya no why I didn't use the bible?
Obviously you have been usin it...........and it's got cha nowhere :)
I do believe everyone has been a Catholic at one time or another.
Now don't get me wrong.....I know many Catholics who just love Jesus to pieces...and guess what...they tithe.
Just had to put that out there :)

But what puzzles me.....................why they still call themselves Catholic.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm do ya really think Jesus gives a flyin hoot whatcha call yourselves.
Heck......lets bypass all this tithe stuff and get onto some more fun things like demons............
Have ya ever seen any demons......have ya ever had one lay at your bedside, Have you ever just sat down and talked to one ?
I know ya don't like my style of writing or how I go.... the around about way..........
but trust me.........................it gets to who you are...........in Christ....

And if you want to continue this dance..........please.....................start the music.

PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME !

Finally RANDOR HAS SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
RANDOR said:
But what puzzles me.....................why they still call themselves Catholic.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm do ya really think Jesus gives a flyin hoot whatcha call yourselves.
Heck......lets bypass all this tithe stuff and get onto some more fun things like demons............
Have ya ever seen any demons......have ya ever had one lay at your bedside, Have you ever just sat down and talked to one ?
Lets not, and say we didn't.... I hope that conversation went something like depart from here demon in Jesus name.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
This thread has gotten pathetically banal. Even the OP's vacuous author forgot what the thread was about.
confused-8.gif

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
lforrest said:
Lets not, and say we didn't.... I hope that conversation went something like depart from here demon in Jesus name.
Nah....what's more fun is to watch them squirm when ya tell them Jesus loves you.
the-hat-man-west-valley-city-utah-21637148.jpg

Have ya seen this one/.............................ya don't want to see this one........google hatman......and read