To Hell and Back - Visiting Gehenna

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drew (and company) travels to Jerusalem to visit hell and
finds it to be a very pleasant place actually. Say what?

- What did you learn from the video?

/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, people do have a choice concerning whether to commit abominations.

They could instead turn to the Lord and live for Him rather than living their lives in sin.

Mankind is without excuse - Romans 1:20

Reactions: Bob

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It obviously is for you!

It's not for the Lord...
Question: Where is the gospel message in recognizing the creator in creation?

Is that enough to save you? Just attribute creation of the physical universe to God?
Nothing more?

Is that what men are without excuse about?
Yes, according to the context. Which is what I said on the front end.
But you are still blind to the facts.

/

Reactions: Ritajanice

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched the video. This my short summary.

1. The man isn't a Christian. Just apparently tormented as child in church (his own words)
2. Half the video was of pagan history
3. Then he moved onto Jewish Tradition, then the Old Testament, this blurred the lines.
4. Then onto the 3 synoptic New Testament Gospels. He then denied God's Kingdom on Earth. At 15:26 He offered his own aspect,16:00, without sources.
5. He plainly denied being at Gehenna.17:26. Then went on to talk about the place as if it was the actual Gehenna.
6. He quotes the Gospel of Thomas? 21:13
7. He said many of his friends were converted to Christianity after being tormented about Hell. 21:53
8. Now he says he is a Christian from a young age and just tormented and denies Hell exists; apparently because "most Christians don't understand".

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched the video. This my short summary.

1. The man isn't a Christian. Just apparently tormented as child in church (his own words)
3. Then he moved onto Jewish Tradition, then the Old Testament, this blurred the lines.
4. Then onto the 3 synoptic New Testament Gospels. He then denied God's Kingdom on Earth. At 15:26 He offered his own aspect,16:00, without sources.
5. He plainly denied being at Gehenna.17:26. Then went on to talk about the place as if it was the actual Gehenna.
7. He said many of his friends were converted to Christianity after being tormented about Hell. 21:53
8. Now he says he is a Christian from a young age and just tormented and denies Hell exists; apparently because "most Christians don't understand".
Thanks for watching the video.
I get responses on my topics all the time from those who have not even read the OP.
And watching the video, when there is one is even more rare.

Drew was raised as a fundamentalist Baptist. When to Bible college and worked at a
Christian ministry when he began to question his faith. A return to college at a secular institution
brought much of his faith into question. He is currently atheist. This video is to address the
subject of hell as a questionable believe that continues to instill fear in most of Christianity.
On that point, I have to agree.

I'll address each of your points here.

Correct.
The history of hell is pagan. It does not belong in Christianity. IMHO
He drew from many sources.
Based on his background, he has a right to a stated position. We all do.
You may have gotten the wrong idea there.
A useful source for this video. ???
Yes. Do you think that doesn't happen?
Yes. I am more familiar with his background.

/

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for watching the video.
I get responses on my topics all the time from those who have not even read the OP.
And watching the video, when there is one is even more rare.

Drew was raised as a fundamentalist Baptist. When to Bible college and worked at a
Christian ministry when he began to question his faith. A return to college at a secular institution
brought much of his faith into question. He is currently atheist. This video is to address the
subject of hell as a questionable believe that continues to instill fear in most of Christianity.
On that point, I have to agree.

I'll address each of your points here.

Correct.

He drew from many sources.

Based on his background, he has a right to a stated position. We all do.

You may have gotten the wrong idea there.

A useful source for this video. ???

Yes. Do you think that doesn't happen?

Yes. I am more familiar with his background.

/
The worst he did was all his talk about being tormented.

On point 5, he said it plainly about not knowing the exact place where Gehenna was.

On point 6, the gospel of Thomas is from the 4 century and not written by Thomas, it is not a reliable source to mention from.

On point 7. Absolutely never, God chooses you, you don't choose God. I have never in my life met any born-again Christian that wished that Jesus didn't save them, and they actually wished they would have come to Christ sooner in their life, just as I do.

Many people that go to church do not believe in hell, and don't know Jesus either. Born again from above and chosen by God Christians will never lose faith and become an atheist.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The worst he did was all his talk about being tormented.
I never felt tormented. But the hell doctrine was always a glitch in Christianity.
Hard to reconcile the God of love doing such a thing.

Many people that go to church do not believe in hell, and don't know Jesus either.
Seriously?
I thought it was the opposite. IMHO

/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Where is the gospel message in recognizing the creator in creation?

Is that enough to save you? Just attribute creation of the physical universe to God?
Nothing more?

Is that what men are without excuse about?
Yes, according to the context. Which is what I said on the front end.
But you are still blind to the facts.

You'll have to argue with God about that. If God says man is without excuse, then man is WITHOUT excuse!

Apparently all men know there is a Creator by looking at creation and those that desire to know Him are directed to a Christian that can help or a Christians is directed to go talk to them.

The Holy Ghost gonna hook them up so those that desire to know the Truth are given opportunity to hear about the Jesus of the Bible... the Lord does this sort of thing all the time

The Holy Ghost never hooks people up to the fake jesus of false doctrine as the fake holy spirit (demons) seek to hook people up with false teachers to deceive them so they don't hear the true Gospel... but instead hear about a different jesus and a different gospel.

satan is very religious and can make that false stuff sound really good, but 'ol slewfoot has a big problem... none of his fake stuff agrees with scripture and those that are students of God's Word aren't fooled by his fake gospel or his fake holy spirit (demons) trying to emulate the real Holy Spirit.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is this why Jesus talked about hell???

You know it's a real place right?

God chooses you, you don't choose God

God chose ALL people... but most people reject God which is why most people will go to hell.

2 Corinthians 4:4
the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Limited Atonement is FALSE! God provided a way for all to get saved and it's His will than NONE perish because He is a good and merciful God.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God chose ALL people... but most people reject God which is why most people will go to hell.

the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Limited Atonement is FALSE! God provided a way for all to get saved and it's His will than NONE perish because He is a good and merciful God.
You said, "God chose All people". Not true, God chose a way for all people to be saved through Jesus Christ. Like it or not, God does choose people, like me.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "God chose All people". Not true, God chose a way for all people to be saved through Jesus Christ. Like it or not, God does choose people, like me.

Limited atonement is fake doctrine.

You just said correctly that "God chose a way for all people to be saved through Jesus Christ" which is true.

If you really believe God refuses to allow you to get born again and washed in the Blood of the Lamb to become a believer... then this is a deception of the devil that he has gotten you to believe which will lead to you spending eternity suffering in hell.

By virtue of the fact you are here on a Christian discussion forum talking about the things of God, this shows that deep down you really do NOT actually believe God doesn't want you to be saved.

If you really believed that, then you would have been turned over to a reprobate mind and wouldn't give Christianity any further thought at all and you certainly wouldn't be wasting your time posting on any Christian discussion forums!

So, you may as well choose to believe God's promises concerning salvation!

Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

John 7:38
Whoever that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Titus 2:11
the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Limited atonement is fake doctrine.

You just said correctly that "God chose a way for all people to be saved through Jesus Christ" which is true.

If you really believe God refuses to allow you to get born again and washed in the Blood of the Lamb to become a believer... then this is a deception of the devil that he has gotten you to believe which will lead to you spending eternity suffering in hell.

By virtue of the fact you are here on a Christian discussion forum talking about the things of God, this shows that deep down you really do NOT actually believe God doesn't want you to be saved.

If you really believed that, then you would have been turned over to a reprobate mind and wouldn't give Christianity any further thought at all and you certainly wouldn't be wasting your time posting on any Christian discussion forums!

So, you may as well choose to believe God's promises concerning salvation!

Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

John 7:38
Whoever that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Titus 2:11
the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men
False doctrine. Your way only.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False doctrine. Your way only.

I got my information from God's Word so this is not of any private interpretation.

You should really consider getting your doctrine from God's Word instead of commentaries...

The Father sovereignly decided to make man in His own Image which is why all men have free will. He said in His Word than we are predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29), and we are to be followers of God as dear children (Ephesians 5:1)

God's Word says man is without excuse (Romans 1:20), the grace that brings salvation has come upon all men (Titus 2:11-13)

God's Word says it's not God's will that any perish and He wants all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), and He has commanded men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30), and has given every man faith (Romans 12:3)

Jesus said if He be lifted up He would draw all men until Himself (John 12:32), and Jesus has tasted of death for every man (Hebrews 2:9)

In light of all these scriptures, we can say for sure that limited atonement taught by John Calvin is false doctrine and is in opposition to what God says.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Really?

YLT... Let's start at the beginning...
Gen 2:16 And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying, `Of every tree of the garden eating thou dost eat; 17 and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it--dying thou dost die.'"

NASB Gen 2:17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.

So...either Adam and Eve... Died or they are burning in some type of Greek Hell fire! God lied to them ... according to you!!!

Cain is in for a BIG Suprise!!!

Gen 4:10 He (GOD) said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground. "Now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 "When you cultivate the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you; you will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth."

Now what did Cain have to say about this????

Gen 4:13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is too great to bear!

According to You.... Cain has no idea of the eternal torment waiting for Him!!!

What a Stupid statment... to make to your God whom is about to burn you forever when you die....!!!

OR.... Maybe... Cain knew what he was talking about when Talking to his God... and It is you whom follow the traditions of men???

Trust Scripture.... Not the traditions of men!