To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not straight away, but little by little, day by day I recovered. Boy that was fast, only took 4 year's aftet a life time of indoctrination.
Straightening out faulty "indoctrination" simply means (as it has to many of us) that you had to relearn some things some old men taught you incorrectly. Why is there anger toward God for that? After all, we (you and each of us) accepted that stuff without doing as the Bible says, and fully checking it out for ourselves. That might have been an acceptable excuse during our primary years, but after we reached our teens, it fell directly upon US to no longer just absorb everything thrown our way. ( Remember graduating from pencil to pen?) God and His word never changed just because we were too lazy to investigate what we were being sold by teachers and preachers.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is so good about this God anyway?

Absolute Liberty to every individual.

Is it that he grants eternal life (Bliss in heaven) Is this not just a punishment/reward scenario.

What He Grants IS;
Freewill to every individual.
What He ensures IS;
The Freewill Choice of every individual will come into fruition.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Intriguing.
i guess to a believer who has been listening to ordained ppl interpret the Bible all their lives, yeh. i remember being pretty floored, i guess. Constantine blended the cult of Sol Invictus into Christianity very early in the game, when Saturday got changed to Sunday, etc. It's all searchable on the web now even.
Is this not just a punishment/reward scenario.
it's called "Hegelian dialectic" (or "satan's dialectic"), an implied winner and loser, the way the world works, not Christian even a little bit

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Straightening out faulty "indoctrination" simply means (as it has to many of us) that you had to relearn some things some old men taught you incorrectly. Why is there anger toward God for that? After all, we (you and each of us) accepted that stuff without doing as the Bible says, and fully checking it out for ourselves. That might have been an acceptable excuse during our primary years, but after we reached our teens, it fell directly upon US to no longer just absorb everything thrown our way. ( Remember graduating from pencil to pen?) God and His word never changed just because we were too lazy to investigate what we were being sold by teachers and preachers.
Don't blame the teacher's or the preacher's, I didn't learn much from them I assure you. I made my decision based on the effect's Christianity has on me & other people.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
i guess to a believer who has been listening to ordained ppl interpret the Bible all their lives, yeh. i remember being pretty floored, i guess. Constantine blended the cult of Sol Invictus into Christianity very early in the game, when Saturday got changed to Sunday, etc. It's all searchable on the web now even.

it's called "Hegelian dialectic" (or "satan's dialectic"), an implied winner and loser, the way the world works, not Christian even a little bit
Oh reeeally.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Da effects.
ha, judging by the fruit? That will get you in trouble with Christians i guess lol
Oh reeeally.
ah, dunno about that, that sounds a little too close to "truth" for me to say yes lol
it's an opinion, or a valid perspective, maybe, something like that. "Real" would be the 99%+ of reality that i cannot find when i put my hand in front of my face lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My belief's bore no fruit in me no matter how much I desired to believe, no matter how much I desired to follow God.
don't worry, there is no judgement for beliefs in the Bible, and in fact we are counselled many times to avoid debating beliefs or judging by them. It is your works that will be judged, just like everyone else's. But imo don't be too hard on preachers, they are just selling what ppl want to buy, after all. They have a contract with the government to do this and everything. You are on the right path imo

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
don't worry, there is no judgement for beliefs in the Bible, and in fact we are counselled many times to avoid debating beliefs or judging by them. It is your works that will be judged, just like everyone else's. But imo don't be too hard on preachers, they are just selling what ppl want to buy, after all. They have a contract with the government to do this and everything. You are on the right path imo
I'm just being honest.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well that splashes onto me too....because I also do not believe in the hell that most of you seem to believe in...and also seem eager to see your fellow man enter!!
Christians are not at liberty to pick and choose, or cherry pick, what they will believe and what they will disregard from Scripture.

Hades and Hell are clearly presented to all, so that all may understand that there is a reason why Christ died for our sins, and the consequences of disregarding the Gospel are EXTREMELY SERIOUS.

And it is not Christians who decide who goes to Hell or who does not. No Christian is eager to see anyone go to Hell, that is why Christians strive to take the Gospel to every creature.

To suggest that Christ was teaching Norse mythology or Greek mythology (or any kind of bogus mythology) is not only disrespectful but totally false and utter nonsense.

MARK 9 -- THE WORDS OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Offend thee = cause thee to sin

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not at liberty to pick and choose, or cherry pick, what they will believe and what they will disregard from Scripture.

Hades and Hell are clearly presented to all, so that all may understand that there is a reason why Christ died for our sins, and the consequences of disregarding the Gospel are EXTREMELY SERIOUS.

And it is not Christians who decide who goes to Hell or who does not. No Christian is eager to see anyone go to Hell, that is why Christians strive to take the Gospel to every creature.

To suggest that Christ was teaching Norse mythology or Greek mythology (or any kind of bogus mythology) is not only disrespectful but totally false and utter nonsense.

MARK 9 -- THE WORDS OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Offend thee = cause thee to sin

Amen.

It is not confusing;
One is either With the Lord God or Against Him.

The OP author is being pretty clear; his standing is Against.

I don't much see the point of him being on this forum, since he clearly is aware of the result of his own Freewill Choice.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Enoch111

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
No , God is not offended by you. You take nothing away from him by your unbelief. You do not cause Him to cease to exist by your unbelief.

So, what is your purpose here?

Stranger
I wish I knew, then I might leave.

Reactions: Willie T

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Radical honesty is not advised, I'm not saying to lie, but in a conversation you have to hold thing's back.
ya, i've heard that, but i have a mild case of Asperger's, guess that gene is missing in us. I can fake it fairly well, but it has not served me like i hoped it might. Or not served them, or whatever. Fwiw i've discovered that any pastor worth his salt usually does not even blink when i hit him with this stuff; they know. Usually they will even explain why they cannot give a sermon on it, and it is quite similar to your post here