To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Just another attempt at making the implausible, plausible. What do you really know of me? I called out to your God when thing's were good & when thing's were bad. I didn't just come crawling to him when I was destitute, also when life was good, I came knocking on his door.

But life won't permit the illusion, not for me anyway.
You sound like my hubby.
He WANTS to believe, but can't.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Pretty funny!
But, look, there's a UFO in the image!

So, why doesn't one believe?
How's this:
There's a God
There's a satan

How else to explain good and evil?
Great break down of such a sophisticated spiritual arrangement.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beauty abounds where there is no judgment.
You are not judged by me my friend. Judgment that matters belongs to God and yourself. Some people judge themselves wrongly and put the blame on others and/or on God and find themselves in a difficult place. Does that apply to you? My words to you have been what I see as applying to everyone and according to what you have said of yourself. Did you not put yourself on display before us when you joined us saying that while you once were, you no longer a follower of Christ? Were you not thinking to show someone that they were wrong in following God and you were right in following yourself?

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that I never qualified for the mind of Christ, and there was no renewal of my broken psychotic mind. I could believe in Jesus as much as I liked, but it didn't give me a sound mind, in fact the reverse happened.
You don't need a sound mind, only a simple belief that the Father sent His Son (Jesus) to save you out of the world. Meanwhile, look to Him to guide you in daily life - His plan for your life (such as it is) is perfect for you. In the end, you shall see and come into the fullness of Christ, and praise His name.

God bless you and keep you.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You are not judged by me my friend. Judgment that matters belongs to God and yourself. Some people judge themselves wrongly and put the blame on others and/or on God and find themselves in a difficult place. Does that apply to you? My words to you have been what I see as applying to everyone and according to what you have said of yourself. Did you not put yourself on display before us when you joined us saying that while you once were, you no longer a follower of Christ? Were you not thinking to show someone that they were wrong in following God and you were right in following yourself?
How could I be right in following Jesus if I left, I left because of what I encountered when I did believe.

It was a gut wrenching self destroying experiencing, do I not hear it said that one must count themselves as nothing, a filthy sinful wretched beast. Worthless & hopeless without Jesus saving grace? Do you mind if I say, this is exactly why I left.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the only reason why being in the mental health system ended up destroying your faith was because your "mental illness" wasn't severe enough.

You failed to understand your Bible well enough to have a "persecution complex".

See Matthew 5:10-12, 2 Timothy 3:10-12.

And I think that you also allowed them to destroy your "religious preoccupation". See 1 Peter 2:1-3.

You should have also taken to heart Luke 21:19.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could I be right in following Jesus if I left, I left because of what I encountered when I did believe.

It was a gut wrenching self destroying experiencing, do I not hear it said that one must count themselves as nothing, a filthy sinful wretched beast. Worthless & hopeless without Jesus saving grace? Do you mind if I say, this is exactly why I left.
You missed something important where you were. You missed having a real vision and this I know even if you disagree. Without such a vision you are dead.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"It was a gut wrenching self destroying experiencing, do I not hear it said that one must count themselves as nothing, a filthy sinful wretched beast. Worthless & hopeless without Jesus saving grace? Do you mind if I say, this is exactly why I left.
"Christians are NOT to think of themselves as "a filthy sinful wretched beast". It makes God a liar as, Christians are NEW CREATURES in Christ. If a Christian claims that they are filthy and wretched then, Gods grace has no affect, which in turn, would make Him a liar.
"I am redeemed—forgiven of all my sins and made clean—through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7)."

"I am chosen by God, forgiven and justified through Christ. I have a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12)."

"I am the righteousness of God—I have right standing with Him—in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)."

"I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)."

"I am born again—spiritually transformed, renewed and set apart for God’s purpose—through the living and everlasting word of God (1 Peter 1:23)."

2 Corinthians 5:21 “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God.”

Christians are not to be defined by their sins and past behavior. Satan wants us to believe we are. We ARE the righteousness of God, though Christ.
So, either you believe what He say's about you (Christians) or you will believe Satan. Your choice. I for one will NEVER define myself as a dirty rotten sinner,
Because according to the Word, I am a saint.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed...we are counted as the righteousness of the Lord in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21) even though we are all sinners before a holy God (1 John 1:8, Romans 3:23, Psalms 51:3, Galatians 3:22).

Divine paradoxes can sometimes be astounding.

Reactions: Nancy