To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Smeg head is funny.
Where I live there's a plumbing company we use called Smeg.
Does that make me a smeg head??

Oh. And what is a whole faith?
Like what St. Francis had?
I don't know St. Francis, or what he had.

Smeg head is what their always saying in Red Dwarf.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well, to start-He is "so good" that He has not wiped you and me off the planet just because we are sinners. That is the only thing God will not abide-sin. The things he tells us to do or to avoid are ALWAYS in OUR best interests...not like the fathers of this world as they discipline as THEY see fit, and all too often it is to appease their own anger, not for a

This is simply speculation on my part:
You are searching for something because, God is screaming to your spirit but, you can barely hear Him as you do not understand the things of the Spirit, because your conscience has been a bit seared. Or, you are just a troll?
I'm toasted good's, well I am a bit crispy because of the treatment of certain Christians in the past. But it's ok because I love who I am now, I have such a sharper mind for tackling issues I couldn't deal with when I was a believer.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm toasted good's, well I am a bit crispy because of the treatment of certain Christians in the past. But it's ok because I love who I am now, I have such a sharper mind for tackling issues I couldn't deal with when I was a believer.

Why does that 'sharp' mind run and hide?

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is atheism refreshing? When is casting doubt on Jesus Christ refreshing? When is casting doubt on the Word of God refreshing? What a perverted view you have.

Stranger
There was a word in there that you might not have been familiar with.... "Honesty." THAT is what I said was refreshing.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Why does that 'sharp' mind run and hide?

Stranger
I don't know what to say other than the way you treat me here is a very good reason to not go back to that ye'old faith. It's a warning that I'll just return to a character that I don't like. I do understand you in a way that I can identify, because I used to be judgmental in spades. Don't get me wrong I've not gotten rid of all my silly attitudes, but I'm a far stretch from that ye'old man now.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a word in there that you might not have been familiar with.... "Honesty." THAT is what I said was refreshing.

An atheist is honest about casting doubt among believers about Jesus Christ, about the Word of God, and you find it refreshing. You are not fooling anyone. What you find 'refresing' I find nauseous.

Stranger

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I kept my eyes on other Christians, I would have left the Church a very long time ago...actually, I DID for many years and only over the last few years have I come to a different understanding...and that was on my face and pleading with all my heart, as I had come to my end and He pulled me out of some deep mire. I hope you find out why you are on the forum, and if I have spoken harshly, I apologize.
God Bless

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad that so many Christians are in this state of mind, still lost and confused upon the subject and not willing to simply take the Lord's word on the matter (thus showing a lack of faith both in him and in his word).

"The wages of sin is death," plain and simple, not life in torment, nor life in any sense, but total extinction of being.

For the living know that they shall die: but THE DEAD KNOW NOT ANYTHING, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.” Eccl 9:5, 6

Whatsoever thy hand finds to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge (consciousness), nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goes.” Eccl 9:10

But man dies, and wastes away: yea, man gives up the ghost [the breath or spirit of life], and where is he? His sons come to honor, and he knows it not; and they are brought low, but he perceives it not of them… As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decays and dries up: So man lies down, and rises not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.” Job 14:10, 21, 11, 12

Death is an actual extinction of being. Mark, we do not say that death annihilates matter, for matter is indestructible, and merely passes from one form to another-- as solid to liquid or to gas. What we do assert is, that being, as a condition, has an opposite in non-existence, and that the same God who gave us our being can cause that being or existence to terminate.

"The soul (being) that sins, it shall die" (Ezek. 18:4, 20), is God's statement on this subject. Nay, more; the privilege of living is dependent upon God, since it is "in him we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28) God has decreed that the wages of sin shall be death, and that only by his gift or favor can any hope to live forever. In view of the promised resurrection from death, the first death, which now prevails against all, is likened to a sleep. (John 11:11; Dan. 12:2.) It would have been a sleep that would have known no waking, had it not been that God in his grace provided redemption from that death which came upon all through father Adam, in the death of Christ our Lord, who became a man and then gave himself our ransom-price--died, the just for the unjust. (Rom. 5:12, 18, 19, 20.)

The soul that sins, it shall die, (cease to exist, perish), The word “perish” means to be destroyed, die.

Strong’s # 622 ap-ol’-loo-mee; from (575) and the base of (3639); to destroy fully (reflexive to perish, or lose), literal or figurative: — destroy, die, lose, mar, perish.

Notice also that it states that it is the “SOULthat shall die. There is no such thing as is commonly taught that it is merely the body that dies and that the soul returns to God. This idea comes from the thought that the “soul” is immortal and cannot die, so the needs that it must return to God, this however is un-scriptural. It was not the “soul” that was given up in Job 14:10, but the breath or spirit of life, for man was made of the dust of the earth and the divine sentence is that “dust you are and, and to dust you shall returnGen 3:19.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Gen 2:7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (breath of life) shall return unto God who gave it.” Eccl 12:7

Please do not take this in the wrong way I mean no disrespect to you my brother, I merely wish to help you to understand so as to no longer be troubled by this issue, that you might be "established in the truth" upon this subject once and for all and no longer be blown about by every wind of doctrine (teaching) on the subject.

Remember: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man (or woman) of God (this being you) may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Tim 3:16,17)
As I said, none of us KNOW. I believe what I think happens, and you believe what you think happens, but neither of us really KNOWS. If we really knew, we would have no problem saying, "If I am wrong, may my Salvation be removed." But, we know we dare not.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what to say other than the way you treat me here is a very good reason to not go back to that ye'old faith. It's a warning that I'll just return to a character that I don't like. I do understand you in a way that I can identify, because I used to be judgmental in spades. Don't get me wrong I've not gotten rid of all my silly attitudes, but I'm a far stretch from that ye'old man now.

Poor you. You are so mistreated. As I said earlier, you are just looking for someone to blame for your unbelief. And it won't work. God is not interested in your excuses. Do you understand? On that day, you can provide all the excuses you want, and they will not matter. You reject Jesus Christ, God will reject you. Blame whoever you want, it won't matter.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An atheist is honest about casting doubt among believers about Jesus Christ, about the Word of God, and you find it refreshing. You are not fooling anyone. What you find 'refresing' I find nauseous.

Stranger
As I said, you may not be too used to dealing honestly with your feelings, as he is doing.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
If I kept my eyes on other Christians, I would have left the Church a very long time ago...actually, I DID for many years and only over the last few years have I come to a different understanding...and that was on my face and pleading with all my heart, as I had come to my end and He pulled me out of some deep mire. I hope you find out why you are on the forum, and if I have spoken harshly, I apologize.
God Bless
No you were great! Very forward :)

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Poor you. You are so mistreated. As I said earlier, you are just looking for someone to blame for your unbelief. And it won't work. God is not interested in your excuses. Do you understand? On that day, you can provide all the excuses you want, and they will not matter. You reject Jesus Christ, God will reject you. Blame whoever you want, it won't matter.

Stranger
I'd never reject love, if it actually existed on this earth.

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd never reject love, if it actually existed on this earth.

I don't care. I said you reject Jesus Christ. You can tell God you would never reject love but you reject Jesus Christ, and see how far that gets you. You want to know? It will get you as far as that big angel can toss you.

Stranger

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man says he distrusts Christianity..... and you seem to think he should lie about how he feels. Why? If he does not honestly, openly, and directly deal with how he feels, what is the point? If any of us blissfully lilts that we "just love The Lord", and never have difficulties with what we see all around us..... Well, I think we need to go have a good long look in a mirror. It is very likely us being dishonest.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man says he distrusts Christianity..... and you seem to think he should lie about how he feels. Why? If he does not honestly, openly, and directly deal with how he feels, what is the point. If any of us blissfully lilts that we "just love The Lord", and never have difficulties with what we see all around us..... Well, I think we need to go have a good long look in a mirror. It is very likely us being dishonest.

Where did I say he should lie? I didn't. As usual, you twist things to protect yourself after making an idiot of yourself. I don't think he should lie about how he feels. The truth about how he feels is what I hate and makes me nauseous.

Go ahead, look in the mirror.

Stranger