To pray or not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lived righteously for 10 years and now fell back into some old patterns. I don't see a difference in the Lord answering my prayers.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother @Lifelong_sinner, I think it is great you get out an socialize with other people in your community. My only notion would be is that they very much aren’t God himself. I know you quoted one scripture however the days of the early church are over from my perspective.

Sin was conquered over and paid for on behalf all mankind. To look at people as if they have sin on their plate (though we do all sin) is a unfortunate way to look at people.

If one can realize that sin has been paid for in full for all of the world. The only thing that is left is unbelief and those who do not desire to have communication with God by their own merited choice (you may come from another line of thinking).

God is seeking those who are seeking him out in faith, though he is also desirous for all to come to know his Son.

I don’t know if this helps but just desired to share with you these things, as all people who believe in the Gospel which is the death, burial, and resurrection are able to communicate with God freely by the spirit.

Those who do not believe have simply yet to be born again, on the note of sin, I miss the mark constantly and Jesus is the perfection that is needed in which he has done everything for you, and that you can be guided by the holy spirit and communicate with God freely even after having missed the mark.

The Holy Spirit doesn’t leave a person when they sin, and God does in fact hear you and no one comes to God clean, except in Christ (as he is the righteousness of God). We can ask God to help us by the holy spirit to have joy, peace, love, kindness, forbearance (Galatians 5).

I missed the mark today by getting ill but I didn’t expect my plans of leaving work early to get pushed back, next time I see the guy I’m gonna tell him why it seemed I got so ill suddenly and I apologize for that. God still hears my prayers and the Holy Spirit is there in me.

Love you!

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The unsaved person bloody well ought to pray for forgiveness. "When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose." He's going to Hell anyway; what's the point in worrying about which bolgia in Hell he gets sent to?

"Freedom's just another word for, 'nothin' left to lose'".

There. I got a Dante reference, a Dylan quote, and a Kris Kristofferson quote all in one post. Though I'll always hear Bobby McGee in Janis Joplin's raspy (but lovely) voice. Another talented one who's life was wasted due to drug abuse.

Forgiveness only comes when he submits to Jesus. He may be sorry for sinning, so what, if he hates Jesus.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you're terrified of somebody, it makes it hard to love them.

If one is so frighten of a Holy God that they won't repent and submit, but are not so terrified that they will ask God to forgive them.

They want a clean cocsience without wanting any comitment on their part.

That is hypocrocy

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. I have a question about praying. John 9:31 says “We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him.”

So should the unsaved only pray for salvation and repentance? If an unsaved person asks for forgiveness daily for a habitual sin, is that an insult to God?
First, Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I think that is good advice.

Second, if a person is not trying to repent of their sin, then I would see that as an insult to God, that they pray daily for forgiveness. But if a person is trying to repent, even if they fail sometimes, then it is not an insult.