To Start The Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“To Start The Day”
By Zach Wood
Psalm 63:1

There are four words that stand out to me from this passage more than the others. They are“earnestly I seek You”. First of all, when I think of these words, I strongly believe this is what God desires of my heart each day that I live. Second, I strongly believe that this should be my prayer each day as I wake up and go into my day.

I really do like to start each day by having quiet time with God. I just don’t like starting my day any other way. It doesn’t seem to go well when I don’t. However, I do find myself going through the motions many days just praying the same prayer and not really thinking about what I’m praying.

If I am really serious and earnest about following God and doing what He says, I will strive to think about Him all through my day. He is my God and I want to earnestly seek Him and follow Him. In every single thing I do and say, I want God’s love to show through. I want people to feel Him when they are around me and to know He is Lord and Savior of my life. There are some days, though, when He does not show through me very well because I am so unfocused and not earnestly seeking Him because I’m distracted by so many other things.

I hope and pray that this passage will be a sincere prayer from your heart to God each day that you wake up and get going. If you do not have a personal quiet time with God to start your day, I highly recommend it. It seems like such a great way to start the day and getting focused on Him and asking Him to guide and direct the day. This is just a very conscious way to start the day and it can really help us focus on Him throughout the day.

I encourage all of us to start our day asking God to help us focus on Him and go through our day earnestly seeking Him.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Beautiful. Thank you.
Unfortunately I'm going through a dry time in my faith. Whenever I read God's word they just seem so far a way. I can't concentrate. It's all I can do to finish a simple short prayer. I want to pray more and seek the Lord more, but it's just so hard right now.
But I will always love God and believe in Him. And will always be grateful. It's just hard to seek Him while dealing with depression, stress, and exhaustion. I know He understands, and accepts my measley little prayers to Him. Which makes me love Him even more :wub: :(
I would ask for prayer for this situation but am afraid of the backlash from misguided persons only throwing guilt on me. Perhaps during your prayer time you could please say a prayer for me ? I feel extremely worried just typing that for fear of someone coming on saying "pray for yourself ! "
I wish I can remember the phrase for this. I think it's 'dry season of the soul' or maybe it's 'spirit' ???

dave

Apr 22, 2013
USA
Amen brother. It's the only way to start the day even though I've been a little to focused on my day (or should i say way) instead of His. Thanks for the encouragement to get back to the heart of His. And Laid, i have and will be praying for you brother, in and with His love.

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
Laid, I want to lift up a prayer for you. "Father God, I ask that you please comfort and strengthen Laid at this time. Please give Laid peace through this time that only You can bring. Help Laid to see You each day and to feel You strongly even through this hard time. In Jesus's Name, Amen."

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
hldude, your prayer for me was very kind and I thank you for it. I so need it at this time.
I went to your link and really liked the entry for Friday, April 19th 2013. The questions it asks at the end are EXTREMELY thought provoking.
I feel very lead by the Spirit to "earnestly" answer them to myself. I have a feeling alot of crying will take place. I thought I trusted God totally, but I'm starting to suspect I am holding back a bit. Just enough to impede my walk with Him.
Thanx for the link. A word in due season.

laid renard ~

Beanied648

Mar 28, 2013
Oregon
I kind of do the same thing. I know that when I can start my day with prayer, with God,, things really do go better. I think we all struggle with this from time to time, and I think the most important thing is to keep God in our thoughts even if we havent prayed in the morning.
Blessings to all

Hey Laid, I have a hard time memorizing verses, but I know God and the love is there even in the worst of times. :)
Blessings