To the Curmudgeons posting and responding with sour grapes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have the same or similar question as others on the forum too @1stCenturyLady. What if we still fail in doing sin NOT unto death? Are you perfect in not doing all sins NOT unto death? Thank you!
I'm so sorry to hear that but it didn't answer my question. I will quote it below and you can do an explanation for me just so I can understand things better. Thanks a lot.

And are you saying that sins NOT unto death is the fruit of the Spirit only? Not other deeds (works), walking by the Spirit in all that we do, in all good conscience, in all love for God and love and help for others? Thank you.
@1stCenturyLady, why did you not respond to these above I've asked from you? Did you somehow not see it or not know the answer? It's ok if you don't know the answer but it is worse to not answer and let me know at all. Thanks.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@thelord's_pearl
This is supposedly about the FRUIT of the Spirit, despite lack thereof by the title. I will answer per the word, not someone's private interpretation !

The fruit of the Spirit is how the Spirit works through us by changing our hearts to transform them in bearing his fruit or attributes, namely in how we act towards others. Look at his attributes, which mimic Christ's.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law

These Jesus expounded upon in the Beautitudes or Sermon on the Mount passages.

Last edited:
Reactions: ButterflyJones

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" Works" is a misinterpreted term IMO.
We must receive the " work " of God, which is Christ and our believing in him. Then we walk in discipleship or stewardship in the things the Spirit reveals to us in our daily walk.

Despite the proponents of and "sinless perfection" and their skewed view of what the word of God says, John said this,
1 John 2:1-2 KJV
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. John also said we call God a liar if we say we have no sin.

prayer, fasting, sharing and studying the word of God is in all of our capabilities. Even if we are mentally or physically handicapped, in this age we do have the ability to do these!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO the only two sins that we are not able to come back from are blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and to die in unbelief, rejecting the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Does an apple bear the fruit of a peach?
Of course not, we identity the tree by the fruit it bears.
A believer is to bear the fruit of another believer. How?
By sharing the Gospel of Jesus, thru prayer and fasting, by sharing the "love " of God to them; namely Jesus!

We must remain connected or IN THE VINE to bear it's fruit.
Many bear " strange" fruit in these last days and are not of the true vine!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why we never agree, you're posts come across as if you don't think people have the spirit. Plenty of people are with God's spirit. God loves everyone and wants to bless them.

Acts 2:17
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
Odd isn't it. She posts a thread to judge and condemn people she says need to grow up and stop bickering over doctrine.

Now we see she's made her thread to be a place where she can judge and condemn people from a self righteous platform.

Wow. That's quite an invitation. A sad one.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this saying. Some may think others kick against the goads, if they disagree with whatever is said, but I'm looking to stay on the narrow way to the strait gate.
Matthew 7
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
FB_IMG_1687624519954.jpg

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady, why did you not respond to these above I've asked from you? Did you somehow not see it or not know the answer? It's ok if you don't know the answer but it is worse to not answer and let me know at all. Thanks.
Sorry, just seeing these now. I've been praying about this because I couldn't figure out the answer on what I HAVE TO DO, but have receive revelation on this today. Its simple. Just ABIDE IN JESUS. 1 John 1:7 shows us that those sins not unto death would be forgiven and the Spirit will help you mature those fruit AS LONG AS YOU ABIDE IN JESUS, John 15:4, and walk in the Spirit (same thing).

For me I abide in Jesus by keeping my mind on Him, and as I do things, or type these posts and responses, I let Him guide me. Many times while I write He guides what to write and I LEARN TOO as I type.

I know there is a scripture that says something like, my mind is stayed on thee. I'll have to see if I can find it. Anyway, that's my life, but I'm 76 and retired, so am not distracted by the world.

Found it:

Isaiah 26:3-4
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd isn't it. She posts a thread to judge and condemn people she says need to grow up and stop bickering over doctrine.

Now we see she's made her thread to be a place where she can judge and condemn people from a self righteous platform.

Wow. That's quite an invitation. A sad one.
Follow my advice, or not. I just know that Jesus said to be holy and perfect. Do you know how to obey Him? I didn't, that's what I was worried about, but God has faithfully answered this prayer. If that is self-righteous that He should answer my prayer, then be that as it may. Just know you must be holy, for without holiness, no man shall see God. It was very important to me and pearl, and it should be for you too. Paul said basically the same thing to do what he does.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why we never agree, you're posts come across as if you don't think people have the spirit. Plenty of people are with God's spirit. God loves everyone and wants to bless them.

Acts 2:17
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

dev, there are many people on these forums and other Christian forum sites that are in a major cult and don't know it. And NO! They do not have the Spirit. Their doctrines are the opposite of what Jesus said, and most importantly did in us. The Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, not lies. Only demons teach the opposite of God and His Son's teachings. Have you heard any of these:

1. We will always sin until we die and leave these bodies
2. The gifts of the Holy Spirit have ceased called Cessationism.
3. Your past, present and future sins have already been forgiven.
4. Once saved, always saved no matter what you do.
5. God has chosen His elect to be saved aside from works, before or after He saves them, and nothing can take them out of His hand.
6. We still sin because of our sin nature.
7. Jesus only died for His elect that He predestined to be saved.

Those are all doctrines of demons. Jesus and the apostles taught the opposite on every point. But itching ears have followed these false teachings for 500 years!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, just seeing these now. I've been praying about this because I couldn't figure out the answer on what I HAVE TO DO, but have receive revelation on this today. Its simple. Just ABIDE IN JESUS. 1 John 1:7 shows us that those sins not unto death would be forgiven and the Spirit will help you mature those fruit AS LONG AS YOU ABIDE IN JESUS, John 15:4, and walk in the Spirit (same thing).

For me I abide in Jesus by keeping my mind on Him, and as I do things, or type these posts and responses, I let Him guide me. Many times while I write He guides what to write and I LEARN TOO as I type.

I know there is a scripture that says something like, my mind is stayed on thee. I'll have to see if I can find it. Anyway, that's my life, but I'm 76 and retired, so am not distracted by the world.

Found it:

Isaiah 26:3-4
3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
I agree with you I am just adding a few thoughts....

It is simple! People know what it means to be a follower of Christ....they just play dumb so they do not have to put any effort into it.

When we were kids and we liked a rock band, we emulated them.....we were enthusiastic....listened to their music....had posters of the them.....wanted to be like them.....air guitar....dress like them….sing their songs.

We can have heroes and role models....John Wayne....Clint Eastwood ..... James Arness....the Lone Ranger and go see their movies or watch their shows and we admired them and we emulated them.

Then people forget that that is kind of what we should be doing for Christ..... Yes He is our hero. And yes He is our role model. The role model above all role models.....And above all that He is God. But then some people act like they do not know what to do or argue that there is nothing to do.

Hey I signed up for Christianity and I believe Christ existed.....now leave me alone! Or they say, we are saved by faith. LOL What is faith? Sign up and go about as you were? No! That means you were changed. That means Christ in you and you in Christ. Faith...a follower of Christ, means you emulate Christ. Faith saves us and the faithful emulate Christ.

If you go through the physical process and come out the other end unchanged and your life is unchanged ....you did exactly that....you went through the motions.....but there is not a chance you are saved and you are headed to hell. Have them pack the barbecue sauce in the casket.

Did you not believe strong enough? Was your faith not strong enough? There is no meter or gauge for belief or faith. But if you believe and have faith then you are changed and you change your life. It is part of believing.

You love God, you admire God. You go to church (group of Christians) and you worship God with other Christians and sing hymns to Him? Christ is not John Wayne but we should want very much to be like our hero. You should emulate Christ.

What does that look like??? Expressions of love and compassion for others..... you want to help those you can.

AWWW do I have to help people? Do I have to go to church? If you don't want to, odds are you are not saved. IT'S TOO MUCH TROUBLE! I DON'T WANT TO!

People....the "natural man" does what he wants.....their lives are ruled and guided by what they want. It is one thing to be obedient to Christ....but that is the change, you want to emulate Christ, if you are not enthusiastic you were not changed and nothing changed. You were on your way to hell when you started and you are still on that path. Change is the outward expression of repentance.

People that are in Christ and are saved want to worship God and help others, they want to be good and do good. Why do you think the people that went to hell in the parable of the Sheep and the Goats, why do you think they went to hell? Do you think that they went to hell just because they did not help people? NO! They went to hell because Christ never knew them. They were not followers of Christ. They were not emulators of Christ. They did not want to be emulators of Him. It was not a matter of lack of faith..... they had none! Just like James explained. Their faith was dead! You do not need a gauge for that.

What I say most of the time is that, you can be saved but if you do not help those you can, Christ will tell you He never knew you and you will go to hell. That is not exactly accurate. If you do not want to help the people you can and actually help the people you can....Christ was never in you and you were never in Him and you were never saved, just hell bound.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good trees dont bear bad fruits.
Bad tress dont bear good fruits.

Move a bad tree to living natrual water when it was in the desert it might survie and grow into good fruits.

:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady its always good to remain in the vine who is christ and to let the Father prune us back if needed. Living a life subject between oneself and God is subjective. Everyone has a place in the body of christ. All become children birn again who seek after him willingly, and over time they grow into mature christians who step in spirit, walking by faith not by sight.

Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying;

“for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live; for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God; for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, ‘Abba — Father.’

The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God; and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ — if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us; for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God; for to vanity was the creation made subject — not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] — in hope, that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭13‬-‭22‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1stCenturyLady its always good to remain in the vine who is christ and to let the Father prune us back if needed. Living a life subject between oneself and God is subjective. Everyone has a place in the body of christ. All become children birn again who seek after him willingly, and over time they grow into mature christians who step in spirit, walking by faith not by sight.

Paul wrote to the saints in Rome saying;

“for if according to the flesh ye do live, ye are about to die; and if, by the Spirit, the deeds of the body ye put to death, ye shall live; for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God; for ye did not receive a spirit of bondage again for fear, but ye did receive a spirit of adoption in which we cry, ‘Abba — Father.’

The Spirit himself doth testify with our spirit, that we are children of God; and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ — if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory about to be revealed in us; for the earnest looking out of the creation doth expect the revelation of the sons of God; for to vanity was the creation made subject — not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] — in hope, that also the creation itself shall be set free from the servitude of the corruption to the liberty of the glory of the children of God; for we have known that all the creation doth groan together, and doth travail in pain together till now.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭13‬-‭22‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
Very good response.

Reactions: MatthewG