Today's Churches' Becoming little more than Social Clubs in these Last Days!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are so many churches that no one there has even heard the word "hell" spoke of in years or the rapture or return of Jesus But Jesus sure did!!!
I attended a church like that for some time. Not a word about Heaven or Hell, Rapture, Return of Christ, Tribulations, etc. It's one of the reasons I stopped attending there and went to another church.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@DPMartin I agree I don't want the wicked to dominate the earth...that would be foolish. And I can obviously see what you are saying in your post.
It is the harsh and flippant way that 'some' talk about "going to hell" that gets to me.
I do not believe it is quite so "ho-hum' with God...He loved so much that our Great Creator actually became our Saviour. I do not see that reflected in the hearts of some Christians. I hear no travail in their condemnation.
That is all I am trying to say here.

Thank you for your response.

it seems this:
"
It is the harsh and flippant way that 'some' talk about "going to hell" that gets to me. I do not believe it is quite so "ho-hum' with God..."

stems from (if my memory serves ) you think God's love ought to be unconditional. of which I'm not going to discuss.

those who walk with the Lord are the ones He loves, if that's everyone then its everyone, but its not, is it? Jesus wasn't afraid to point out the world is condemned already, or without His Life one is dead already. and I don't remember any "travail" in His mentioning of such. when He had to drink of the cup as He said in the garden the night they toke Him, yea, or when He speaks of the lost relationship between Him and Israel and or Jerusalem. but the world in general? na, na na na.

and as far as not being "ho hum", that wasn't the case in Noah's day was it? all flesh that walked the face of the earth was wiped out, not just men. but Noah found Grace and had a relationship with the Lord God and the Lord God made a covenant (an agreement which is a condition) with Noah and all Noah's children (meaning every soul born into the world after the flood)

This is God's love in the world:
Joh_17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

why should anyone's prayer be any different then that? and if it is, then it's contrary to God's Word. Jesus knows who God loves, those who are given unto Him. in that alone is a condition.

ok, so I did discuss it.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok, so I did discuss it.

Haha! Agree, some can discuss nicely some get nasty and rude with it. :)
I agree I do lean hard on the scripture's 1 Cor and Roman's 5

I have not ever heard anyone expound upon why if by Adam disobedience *MANY were made sinners,so in Christ *MANY shall be made righteous.
How many is the many that became disobedient? and how many is the many who become righteous?
Roman's 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

We see the bible seems to condemn ALL as sinners...and if as we know ALL are born sinners in Adam, doesn't make the same sense that the same ALL become righteous ? ( through fire)
1 Cor 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive."

I there I am stuck. It says what it says. And if we argue that it doesn't mean what it says...then we may as well throw the whole book out as nothing meaning what it says!
But, like you say, we aren't discussing it, ....much. :D

Reactions: bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Agree, some can discuss nicely some get nasty and rude with it. :)
I agree I do lean hard on the scripture's 1 Cor and Roman's 5

I have not ever heard anyone expound upon why if by Adam disobedience *MANY were made sinners,so in Christ *MANY shall be made righteous.
How many is the many that became disobedient? and how many is the many who become righteous?
Roman's 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

We see the bible seems to condemn ALL as sinners...and if as we know ALL are born sinners in Adam, doesn't make the same sense that the same ALL become righteous ? ( through fire)
1 Cor 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive."

I there I am stuck. It says what it says. And if we argue that it doesn't mean what it says...then we may as well throw the whole book out as nothing meaning what it says!
But, like you say, we aren't discussing it, ....much. :D

I honestly don't see what point if any you're making, but if you are arguing the opposition to what I've posted then it seems you miss one part that is essential, one must be born into sin via Adam, and you can't be condemned if you're not. one must be born into Christ to become as Paul describes. the born part is essential, a condition, met by the will of the Spirit for everlasting Life, just as for one to be condemned, one must be born into it, a condition met by the will of the flesh. and you've chosen neither. if you are not born of Spirit how can you be the chooser if its the will of the Spirit that is the condition met? (according to Jesus) same with being born into the world you didn't chose to be born into the world, it was by the will of those already in the flesh, a condition met.

also God waits out ten generations and it just so happens that Noah the tenth finds Grace in God's site, and then ten generations after that it just so happens the man of faith shows up Abraham. Grace and Faith in that order, what a coincidence. same with bread and wine bread associated to Adam wine associated to Noah scripturally mind you, because, the first place in scripture bread is mentioned is with Adam and the first place wine is mentioned is with Noah and then the Priest of the most High God and king of Salem (now Jerusalem) (who Jesus is said by Paul to be in the order of) shows up to bring what? the bread and the wine. which is the second place in scripture bread or wine is mentioned.

when Paul writes he writes according to the Torah, he was a scholar of it and was able to teach with accuracy the fulfillment in Christ according to it.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
those who walk with the Lord are the ones He loves,
God loves everyone, we are His creation, thats why Christ came, that does not mean that we will love Him back... arrogant, proud, deceitful, angry, misinformed, jealous, not much place for love in a mans heart..

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preachers need to preach the whole Bible, not just the stuff that tickles the ears.

That was actually the job of the OT priest, i.e., to read Scripture line upon line, and give the congregation the meaning, allowing God's Word to flow to the congregation, and not man's word.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much is true, or so close to truth in this post , in line with all Scripture.... what happened since this post was made !??

============================================================
QUOTE="GISMYS_7, post: 366173, member: 7501"]Today"s Churches' Becoming little more than Social Clubs in these Last Days!!
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3
When was the last you went to church and heard a warning about the all to real eternal Hell? Eternal hell for those that reject Jesus as Lord and Savior?? Or when were you told that the rapture of believers looking for the return of Jesus could be any day now??
For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3[/QUOTE
=========================================================================

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="biggandyy"]Most of those are Prosperity Gospel Churches (and the mega-sized Churches). Where if you aren't healthy, wealthy, and successful then something is wrong with YOU, spiritually.

NOTHING can be further from the truth. God does NOT have a wonderful plan for your life. He has a wonderful plan, but it may involve some rather uncomfortable situations for you. It may even cost you your LIFE.[/QUOTE

Triumph1300 said:
Revelation 21:8 "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
He loves everyone but there must be repentance.

Davy said:
That was actually the job of the OT priest, i.e., to read Scripture line upon line, and give the congregation the meaning, allowing God's Word to flow to the congregation, and not man's word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like many here have never experienced Fellowship.
Did you expect otherwise ?

Especially where all the ungodly and godless and idolators and false teachers and false teachings are 'welcome' to visit and to discuss whatever they want ?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you expect otherwise ?

Especially where all the ungodly and godless and idolators and false teachers and false teachings are 'welcome' to visit and to discuss whatever they want ?

That is what an open forum allows. The judgemental ones with a barrow to push are usually the ones who post profusely what it is that rocks their boat in opposition to all other posters. They wonder why the are getting wet when they are facing the breeze to water the ground with their goodness. Their "treatment" only deals with the spots which are greener than the rest of the grass because of their u rare a enhancing products.