Tonga volcano: satellite footage of eruption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! Thanks for showing that.

I am a first year Latin student, and our Year One book is centered around Pompeii. I have watched simulations of the eruption of Vesuvius, and thinking about all those people lost, and the quick damage it is just heartbreaking. Here is a simulation of the eruption. (Hope it's ok to post)
The video is 8 minutes 40 sec long but well worth the watch. The horror begins at 1pm.

Vesuvius also devastated Herculaneum.

Breaks my heart. They could do nothing.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: TLHKAJ and David H.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! Thanks for showing that.

I am a first year Latin student, and our Year One book is centered around Pompeii. I have watch simulations of the eruption of Vesuvius, and thinking about all those people lost, and the quick damage it is just heartbreaking. Here is a simulation of the eruption. (Hope it's ok to post)
The video is 8 minutes 40 sec long but well worth the watch. The horror begins at 1pm.

Vesuvius also devastated Herculaneum.

Breaks my heart. They could do nothing.

How devastating that was. I remember learning all about this in grade school, then when I was 12 and one of my brothers was 13, my grandmother took us to her old home town and I remember us passing by the city of Pompeii as we were told by my grandmother who translated for us.
How quickly these things can happen and how terrifying!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did she live around that area?
She lived in the US with us at that time but, had some business to take care of there, concerning her late husbands estate. All I can remember is it was a very sall mud hut village, lol, and close as I can spell it it was: "Roccopiamonte" we did a lot of driving I remember and saw all kinds of weird things like, how they dry out the tobacco, the REAL brick ovens, WOMEN picking up the trash, not the men...weird! lol.
I know one of our own on here is from Tuscany so, maybe she will know the town I'm talking about... @GodsGrace ? Does the name of that town sound familiar to you?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey! Interested in some waterfront property in Tonga? I bet it's not that expensive!

I remember living on the beach when I was younger when the "perfect storm" for which the movie of the same name was made came. We had waves washing over the roads and it was amazing to watch. The House I was renting was on a hill and sheltered from the waves, but many houses right on the water were destroyed or severely damaged... I remember seeing pools filled with rocks, car sized rocks, which shows the power of the waves. From that moment on I have no desire to buy that waterfront property...

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is video footage from 1944 Eruption of Mt Vesuvius almost 10 minutes of B/W footage, complete with frankensteinian music in the background, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember living on the beach when I was younger when the "perfect storm" for which the movie of the same name was made came. We had waves washing over the roads and it was amazing to watch. The House I was renting was on a hill and sheltered from the waves, but many houses right on the water were destroyed or severely damaged... I remember seeing pools filled with rocks, car sized rocks, which shows the power of the waves. From that moment on I have no desire to buy that waterfront property...

Lol...yes, wonderful yet dangerous for sure. I'll drive to the lake as it is practically in my back yard here (Lake Erie) No need to be right on top of it...besides, WAY too expensive for waterfront property...wouldn't pay it even if I DID have it.

God had you sheltered on that hill bro!

Reactions: Cassandra

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is video footage from 1944 Eruption of Mt Vesuvius almost 10 minutes of B/W footage, complete with frankensteinian music in the background, if anyone is interested.

Yikes. And to think that is a drop in the bucket compared to what this will be: "For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again." Matt. 24:21

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...yes, wonderful yet dangerous for sure. I'll drive to the lake as it is practically in my back yard here (Lake Erie) No need to be right on top of it...besides, WAY too expensive for waterfront property...wouldn't pay it even if I DID have it.

I am about a half hour from lake Michigan myself if i want the beach I will drive there, no need to live there. Are you in Ohio?

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes indeed, in the cleft of the Rock.... Amen. When I look back at all the "stupid stuff" I did, I see his hand of protection in all of it, May he be praised.

I Think sometimes, He allows us to do "stupid stuff" just for this reason, so he can show us, whether we see it or not, His "ever present help".

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am about a half hour from lake Michigan myself if i want the beach I will drive there, no need to live there. Are you in Ohio?
I am in Buffalo NY, a hop skip and jump from the lake, as well as minutes from the Peace Bridge to Canada.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and David H.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed, in the cleft of the Rock.... Amen. When I look back at all the "stupid stuff" I did, I see his hand of protection in all of it, May he be praised.

I Think sometimes, He allows us to do "stupid stuff" just for this reason, so he can show us, whether we see it or not, His "ever present help".

So agreed! He is VERY generous to me, and gives me MANY stupid things to do :D

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
She lived in the US with us at that time but, had some business to take care of there, concerning her late husbands estate. All I can remember is it was a very sall mud hut village, lol, and close as I can spell it it was: "Roccopiamonte" we did a lot of driving I remember and saw all kinds of weird things like, how they dry out the tobacco, the REAL brick ovens, WOMEN picking up the trash, not the men...weird! lol.
I know one of our own on here is from Tuscany so, maybe she will know the town I'm talking about... @GodsGrace ? Does the name of that town sound familiar to you?
Nancy, I've been to Pompeii 2 or 3 times but I don't live in that area of Italy.

There is, however, a town by that name - I googled it.
Here it is. As you can see, it is near Pompeii. Is this where you've been?

Dove si trova Roccapiemonte Salerno, Campania Italia

Destination Guide: Roccapiemonte (Campania, Provincia di Salerno) in Italy | Tripmondo

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi GG,
Sure looks like the town! I need to look up some pics and I will remember. Thanks!

Here are some photos that look like what I can remember:

15217683610_903e4c53df_b.jpg

old-red-small-vintage-car-on-the-street-of-italian-city-on-a-sunny-picture-id1071670612

mgjfjk.jpg

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano