Tonga volcano: satellite footage of eruption

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of mount St Helen in WA, USA
I got a chance to visit Mt. St. Helens when our Navy boy was stationed at Bremerton (across Puget Sound from Seattle) back in the 2000's. Half the mountain is missing. Wow. Incredible. 20-some years after the eruption, the vegetation was finally starting to recover.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a chance to visit Mt. St. Helens when our Navy boy was stationed at Bremerton (across Puget Sound from Seattle) back in the 2000's. Half the mountain is missing. Wow. Incredible. 20-some years after the eruption, the vegetation was finally starting to recover.
I was outside with my Mother at the time of the eruption. It sounded like Navy cannon firing a couple rapid succession rounds. We watched footage of the eruption and it mowed evergreen trees down like grass and a lawn mower. One of my friends was in a nearby town and the ash turned the day into night. They had to all scramble to get dust masks.

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here are some photos that look like what I can remember:

15217683610_903e4c53df_b.jpg

old-red-small-vintage-car-on-the-street-of-italian-city-on-a-sunny-picture-id1071670612

mgjfjk.jpg
LOL
I see @Lambano gave you a like.
He/she should come to Italy.
Every town looks like this!!
They're all very quaint.
(these would be the hill towns).

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
I see @Lambano gave you a like.
He/she should come to Italy.
Every town looks like this!!
They're all very quaint.
(these would be the hill towns).

Ahahaha...I suppose! Ok...but you did get the name of the town correct. My 6th grade class gave me a going away party and a gift of a camera. But, all the pics I took were for nothing as my dad did not have the money to have the film developed. So, all I have are the memories from there.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a video showing the full scope of the Volcano

Think God is trying to get our attention? Of course, the world thinks it's somebody called "Mother Nature". Sigh.
It is amazing that so far as we know, nobody has lost their lives! Hopefully people will turn to The Lord through this.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think God is trying to get our attention? Of course, the world thinks it's somebody called "Mother Nature". Sigh.
It is amazing that so far as we know, nobody has lost their lives! Hopefully people will turn to The Lord through this.
Interesting fact...
The Tongan People are 99% Christian, They are our brothers and Sisters in Christ. I am sure they see the hand of God it is this, It is the rest of the world that worships "mother nature".

The Guide to the Religions in Tonga - Tonga Pocket Guide

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting fact...
The Tongan People are 99% Christian, They are our brothers and Sisters in Christ. I am sure they see the hand of God it is this, It is the rest of the world that worships "mother nature".

The Guide to the Religions in Tonga - Tonga Pocket Guide

Oh my, I had no idea there were that many Christians there! I had even thought of looking it up but, never got around to it. Thank you for sharing this!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, I had no idea there were that many Christians there! I had even thought of looking it up but, never got around to it. Thank you for sharing this!

They are one of the few nations that consistently votes with Israel in the U.N. and will be blessed by God in the future for this.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are one of the few nations that consistently votes with Israel in the U.N. and will be blessed by God in the future for this.
Oh that is a beautiful thing! I must say, being more of a Christian nation than the U.S. is, say's allot as to why they're lives were spared...?
I pray that the U.S. NEVER turns against Israel!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I pray that the U.S. NEVER turns against Israel!

But the evangelical Christians in the USA with their misguided understanding of the end Time Prophecies concerning Israel and where she should be so that the End Times can roll on have been the ones setting the USA's government policy concerning Israel and the Middle East. As such the USA government has been promoting policies that are contrary to what God is going to do when the two ages of God walking contrary to Israel is over and Israel begins to repent of her continual idolatrous worship over the past four ages such that God will hear their cries and turn once more towards them.

When Satan is judged and imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, Israel will, in the words of Christ, send a delegation off to declare that they no longer want Satan to the king over them. When The Israelites in Jerusalem see the judgement of the Kings of the earth assembled at Armageddon by Christ, they will send a delegation to Him and seek His terms of peace. Both of these prophecies can be found in Luke 14 and 19.

In Jeremiah 50 the second king of the north, who is the president of the USA, lead a coalition of nations to enter the Land of the Chaldeans, i.e. Iraq, and instead of destroying the Land of Babylon, this coalition of nations set about healing the land of Babylon by the introduction of "democracy" in the land of Iraq because of the oil within its boundaries.

When God then sent the Persians to destroy the Land of Babylon the USA and many from the coalition of nations opposed God and attacked the Persian representative, i.e. IS, who had gone into the Land of Babylon to destroy it.

The USA and the other kings of the Coalition of Nations went against God and acted God like and now God is bringing against all of these Nation His wrath in the form of Climate Change, Locusts and Pestilence as signs for these nations that they have sinned by what they have done in Iraq.

Now it is too late to pray that the U.S.A. will never turn against Israel. It is better if we Christian would humble ourselves and repent of our turning away from God to act God like in the things that we have all done with regards to Israel and the Middle East in our own selfish self interests.

If enough "Christians" humble themselves and repents of our iniquities, then perhaps God will hear our prayers and His wrath against us will subside and He will look on us with favour.

Remember that all of the Kings assembled at Armageddon are there because of what they have done to the Israelites over the centauries from when God finally kicked them out of the Land of Canaan up and until the present time as they sheltered within our respective lands. Our respective nations are just as guilty of mistreating the Israelites as any of the other nations that will also assemble there on the Great Day of the Lord.

Shalom

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the evangelical Christians in the USA with their misguided understanding of the end Time Prophecies concerning Israel and where she should be so that the End Times can roll on have been the ones setting the USA's government policy concerning Israel and the Middle East. As such the USA government has been promoting policies that are contrary to what God is going to do when the two ages of God walking contrary to Israel is over and Israel begins to repent of her continual idolatrous worship over the past four ages such that God will hear their cries and turn once more towards them.

When Satan is judged and imprisoned in the Bottomless pit, Israel will, in the words of Christ, send a delegation off to declare that they no longer want Satan to the king over them. When The Israelites in Jerusalem see the judgement of the Kings of the earth assembled at Armageddon by Christ, they will send a delegation to Him and seek His terms of peace. Both of these prophecies can be found in Luke 14 and 19.

In Jeremiah 50 the second king of the north, who is the president of the USA, lead a coalition of nations to enter the Land of the Chaldeans, i.e. Iraq, and instead of destroying the Land of Babylon, this coalition of nations set about healing the land of Babylon by the introduction of "democracy" in the land of Iraq because of the oil within its boundaries.

When God then sent the Persians to destroy the Land of Babylon the USA and many from the coalition of nations opposed God and attacked the Persian representative, i.e. IS, who had gone into the Land of Babylon to destroy it.

The USA and the other kings of the Coalition of Nations went against God and acted God like and now God is bringing against all of these Nation His wrath in the form of Climate Change, Locusts and Pestilence as signs for these nations that they have sinned by what they have done in Iraq.

Now it is too late to pray that the U.S.A. will never turn against Israel. It is better if we Christian would humble ourselves and repent of our turning away from God to act God like in the things that we have all done with regards to Israel and the Middle East in our own selfish self interests.

If enough "Christians" humble themselves and repents of our iniquities, then perhaps God will hear our prayers and His wrath against us will subside and He will look on us with favour.

Remember that all of the Kings assembled at Armageddon are there because of what they have done to the Israelites over the centauries from when God finally kicked them out of the Land of Canaan up and until the present time as they sheltered within our respective lands. Our respective nations are just as guilty of mistreating the Israelites as any of the other nations that will also assemble there on the Great Day of the Lord.

Shalom

Hi Scott,
It is kind of hard to accept that ALL evangelicals are "misguided understanding of the end Time Prophecies concerning Israel..."
It is difficult to even find the U.S. in the bible as, I do not think this country will BE the U.S. for much longer...think CHINA. So, I suppose eventually this country will eventually go against Israel :(

Much of all the rest you wrote is over my head brother. Sry.
In Gods Love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Scott,
It is kind of hard to accept that ALL evangelicals are "misguided understanding of the end Time Prophecies concerning Israel..."
It is difficult to even find the U.S. in the bible as, I do not think this country will BE the U.S. for much longer...think CHINA. So, I suppose eventually this country will eventually go against Israel :(

Much of all the rest you wrote is over my head brother. Sry.
In Gods Love!

Who is Scott?

Does a nation have to be actually named in the Bible to be able to identify which nation is being referenced with hind sight. I think so. Reference to Britain and France can also be found in the scripture although they are not mentioned by name.

Concerning "All evangelicals" being misguided today is very different to whether they were misguided over the past 100 or so years. God in prophecy does not require the Israelite people to return to the land of Canaan, but he expects that they will find a fertile field near where they are living to send roots down into to be nourished on the Religion of Christ that cmes down out of heaven as a small rock and grows to become the greatest mountain in all of the earth.

I think that this is as plain as anything can be for God's people to understand.