Took others advice on something "effective and safe". Haven't felt God since. It's been the worst ye

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marihart

May 19, 2022
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see if this gets deleted or who tries to discount my experiences. I went from having spiritual gifts to not even being able to pray. God sent me a dream at the beginning of the pandemic that Satan would use a man and than my son to try to get to me. (It was definitely a message kind of dream. I've had dreams before predicting deaths that kind of thing). That's exactly what happened- first my bf tried to force me to get the thing then my son stole a car so I couldn't think straight about the situation. God was my best friend only reason for living, now it's like he doesn't even exist to me. God took the time to explain to me and give me signs before he left. He compared me to Esau. I sold my birthright.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let's see if this gets deleted or who tries to discount my experiences. I went from having spiritual gifts to not even being able to pray. God sent me a dream at the beginning of the pandemic that Satan would use a man and than my son to try to get to me. (It was definitely a message kind of dream. I've had dreams before predicting deaths that kind of thing). That's exactly what happened- first my bf tried to force me to get the thing then my son stole a car so I couldn't think straight about the situation. God was my best friend only reason for living, now it's like he doesn't even exist to me. God took the time to explain to me and give me signs before he left. He compared me to Esau. I sold my birthright.
Do you need to forgive anybody as unforgiveness is a block to God's presence?

Marihart

May 19, 2022
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't think so. I definitely know what it was. I had dreams and such warning me against it, but then I wondered am I having dreams just because of what I'm reading? About a day or two before I had it done I dreamt about someone named Janelle. Then I went there I heard one of the workers on the phone "Janelle's not coming in today". Should have took that as a sign and ran away. Did some last minute praying, didn't hear anything so went ahead.

Marihart

May 19, 2022
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think part of the problem was that I went against what I believed. Like a going against your conscience type of thing. The idea that something could be a sin for one person but maybe not for another depending on you believe. Like how eating meat sacrificed to idols is ok as long as you're conscience says it's ok type of thing. It really confused me seeing other Christians ok with it when I was not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

You can't ever stop being a Son/Daughter of God.
But you can think a lot of things that bring torment and misery, and the Devil is happy to have you keep doing it, as that way you stay in condemnation and misery.

Listen,
God the Father, is not the one who causes you to feel CONDEMNED.
Condemnation is from the DEVIL.... GRACE and MERCY are from the LORD. Peace is from the Father.
Understand?
So, anything that isn't Grace and Mercy, that you are feeling, ... anything you believe about God that isn't His "unconditional love"......is not of God.
Its from your own wrong thinking and understanding, and its often caused by the demonic side, that will bring wrong thinking patters for you to exist within., in your head.
Your MIND is the devil's playground if you dont recognize that your thinking is NOT OF GOD.
And what you are describing as your THOUGHT PROCESS, is not of God.
Believe it.

So, get OUT of that wrong mind. And get into the right mind.....and the right mind is .. .= God is at peace with you. God loves you. God is your FATHER. God says......YOU ARE ALWAYS MINE......Always accepted.. ""IM always HERE FOR YOU. Always.""" sayeth God.

GET THAT MIND, as that is the right mind... and you will find some TRUTH and PEACE in your head, vs, the deception and torment that is in there now.

God bless.

Reactions: dhh712

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't think so. I definitely know what it was. I had dreams and such warning me against it, but then I wondered am I having dreams just because of what I'm reading? About a day or two before I had it done I dreamt about someone named Janelle. Then I went there I heard one of the workers on the phone "Janelle's not coming in today". Should have took that as a sign and ran away. Did some last minute praying, didn't hear anything so went ahead.
I think there are normal dreams which are more or less your unconscious brain's filing system. Those sort of dreams can be caused by stress, anxiety or insecurity etc. and we should try to find 'messages' in them - they are just dreams sometimes scary dreams but just dreams nonetheless.

On the other hand there are God dreams, the sort that are depicted in the bible and have a meaning. If you have a God dream it will not scare you. God dreams teach you things and are positive. Sometimes you will just know what they mean and sometimes you will need to pray about them and ask God to show you their meaning.

Just don't get hung up on scary dreams cos that is all they are - scary dreams.

If you are born again and Spirit filled and you are focused on Jesus and the dreams you have disturb you then pray as you go to bed and ask God to protect your mind as you sleep.

I hope this helps.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Welcome to the forums.

Fwiw, I don’t discount anyone’s experiences.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me there are things that you believe, that maybe you should re-think. Put another way, I suspect you are misinterpreting some things that are happening to you. I would suggest you start over - wipe your mind clean and start over. Pray constantly, as Paul taught (1 Thessalonians). Obey God's commandments. Trust God. Those three things might help get you on a more rewarding path.