Top Ramen is my second savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, dark beer isn't as high in alcohol content as other pale ales, etc...I remember an Elephant Malt from I think Denmark. 7% by volume. Yikes. But delicious.
Edit to add: Yep, I remembered correctly! ;)
iu
I'm impressed with myself lol, its been years since I saw a bottle of this. Denmark

Quality beer is memorable. Get use to that and then drink something less in a domestic and it almost makes you sick.
With the Pandemic lots of opportunity driven people have found a way to meet the stay at home beer shoppers list. ;) Just a thought.
list real german beer brands sold USA at DuckDuckGo
Ha, Danish beer brings to mind another story of my only visit to Denmark. During my student year in West Berlin a German friend invited me to travel with him to Copenhagen. He had a little two passenger Triumph sports car with a high speed reading on the speedometer of 95mph. I remember that because after crossing through East- into West Germany we got on the Autobahn north to Denmark and there was no speed limit. He put the pedal to the metal testing it for that 95mph as no one else was on the road at that hour.

Then flying along at 95 according to the speedometer, out of no where a big Mercedes Benz passed us by like we were standing still. I shouldn't be surprised if he were traveling 150mph. I cannot remember ever before being so close to a car traveling so fast.

So then we went on into Denmark and to Copenhagen. This would have been probably in 1970. We had stopped and talked to one very nice Danish man who pointed a couple places of interest and a place where we could drink a good Danish beer. As we walked up to the place a man came out the door. I greeted him in English as neither I nor my friend spoke any Danish at all. The man replied in good English and was very friendly when I confirmed that I was an American. Then when I introduced my friend as a German his face changed and his kind words changed suddenly into a a stormy rebuke of this German who dared to even enter his country. My friend was a bit younger than me and had not even been born during WWII when Denmark was occupied by the Germans. After his initial storm against the German, he turned to me softening enough to say that I would be more than welcome alone, but Not for as long as I accompanied a German. When my German friend started to get angry in turn, I turned and managed to convince him to just leave with me. We did leave Denmark very soon never even trying one of their beers.

Within very recent times on this forum I met a lady, a sister, [no longer an active member] who has lived for many years in Australia, but she was born in Denmark and grew up there before emigrating. I told her the same story and she became very upset and apologetic that the man had been so rude and unfair in his assessment and treatment of us for something that we could not help. She assured us that such a man even with a bad experience during the occupation would be very unusual in her native land. Her people she knew were always friendly to everyone.

She finally left this forum because she got tired of the constant arguing and name calling among people claiming to be Christians.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, Danish beer brings to mind another story of my only visit to Denmark. During my student year in West Berlin a German friend invited me to travel with him to Copenhagen. He had a little two passenger Triumph sports car with a high speed reading on the speedometer of 95mph. I remember that because after crossing through East- into West Germany we got on the Autobahn north to Denmark and there was no speed limit. He put the pedal to the metal testing it for that 95mph as no one else was on the road at that hour.

Then flying along at 95 according to the speedometer, out of no where a big Mercedes Benz passed us by like we were standing still. I shouldn't be surprised if he were traveling 150mph. I cannot remember ever before being so close to a car traveling so fast.

So then we went on into Denmark and to Copenhagen. This would have been probably in 1970. We had stopped and talked to one very nice Danish man who pointed a couple places of interest and a place where we could drink a good Danish beer. As we walked up to the place a man came out the door. I greeted him in English as neither I nor my friend spoke any Danish at all. The man replied in good English and was very friendly when I confirmed that I was an American. Then when I introduced my friend as a German his face changed and his kind words changed suddenly into a a stormy rebuke of this German who dared to even enter his country. My friend was a bit younger than me and had not even been born during WWII when Denmark was occupied by the Germans. After his initial storm against the German, he turned to me softening enough to say that I would be more than welcome alone, but Not for as long as I accompanied a German. When my German friend started to get angry in turn, I turned and managed to convince him to just leave with me. We did leave Denmark very soon never even trying one of their beers.

Within very recent times on this forum I met a lady, a sister, [no longer an active member] who has lived for many years in Australia, but she was born in Denmark and grew up there before emigrating. I told her the same story and she became very upset and apologetic that the man had been so rude and unfair in his assessment and treatment of us for something that we could not help. She assured us that such a man even with a bad experience during the occupation would be very unusual in her native land. Her people she knew were always friendly to everyone.

She finally left this forum because she got tired of the constant arguing and name calling among people claiming to be Christians.

WW2 pain and scars tend to last a lifetime for some. I think it depends on what they lost to the Nazi's as to how long and deep it all goes.
There are many who claim the name of Christ and we know, as we're forewarned, not all are known to Jesus. However, I will say that I wouldn't quite paint every Christian who resorts to name calling and argument as a claimant. Perhaps just led to be upset by those wolves in league with the enemy and baiting those very passions from the sheep they target.
Remember, Jesus called those in the temple names. And he fashioned a whip with his own hands and vented his anger on the money changers desecrating his fathers house.

Just a thought.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WW2 pain and scars tend to last a lifetime for some. I think it depends on what they lost to the Nazi's as to how long and deep it all goes.
There are many who claim the name of Christ and we know, as we're forewarned, not all are known to Jesus. However, I will say that I wouldn't quite paint every Christian who resorts to name calling and argument as a claimant. Perhaps just led to be upset by those wolves in league with the enemy and baiting those very passions from the sheep they target.
Remember, Jesus called those in the temple names. And he fashioned a whip with his own hands and vented his anger on the money changers desecrating his fathers house.

Just a thought.
Then again while there is no doubt in my mind that I know and am known by Jesus that I also find myself quite guilty at times. In the P.M. just a few hours beyond my personal time with God, which is regularly in the very early A.M. in my heart there I am right there with the worst of what I dislike in others. When it has approached a real break down I have learned [or have been shown] how to bite my tongue saying nothing rather than what is on the tip of my tongue...but sometimes it slips out anyway...

So then seeing these things in myself, I have some idea of where and why some people resort to the name calling and seemingly needless arguing. We, all of us, are a long way from the top even if we are not at the bottom... To surrender and really let Him help us can be a very difficult thing to do. But... if we don't... we will never make it to where? Some people perhaps never can surrender so completely openly especially if they have lived too long otherwise before people. We are not supposed to ultimately pay attention to what other people think, but I have never known a person who did not in some measure pay attention.

Consider the older angry Dane or the younger innocent German. If they were Christian, they would both have to improve their attitude, but which one would be the most difficult? Which one would require the most time or most repeated opportunities from God to do it right again? Don't even try to answer that!

We can see it in a single church group but perhaps here on this forum with all kinds of people with very contrasting and even opposed ways of following Jesus it may be easier to see and consider their differences. Fortunately we do have God available to help us. That surrendering thing, is it more fair, what God expects, for one person than for another? I know God's answer, but my flesh still has its own answer, which keeps on push itself forward.

People lash out like Moses, the meek man of God, who lashed out and struck the rock instead of simply speaking to it. To understand something and to do that which is understood are often so very far apart. It is so often just me against me!

Watching without involving myself I have seen two people tear into each other almost viciously when I understood that they really almost were in agreement in their beliefs. They simply did not know how to communicate. They spoke in different languages even though it all sounded like English. God will help us communicate, but believers sometimes won't even consider that communication is their main problem rather having the wrong set of doctrines. They won't ask God for help in that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nothing wrong with SPAM. It's made of ham and pork shoulder. Good stuff. Fried up , with a side of Guldens mustard to dip pieces in before munching. Toast goes good with it too, as in sandwich. Add some sauerkraut.
We used to have spam with black pepper. was nice with eggs on toast, but they stopped making it so I stopped buying it

Reactions: WaterSong

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A ramen truck overturned, the ramon spilled out the company lost 5 bucks :D:D

My favorite is Chicken Tortilla Ramen
Yeah I was thinking about buying the company, but ran out of pocket change :D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

"Second Savior"?? Yuck!

Processed noodles, artificial flavor, packed with salt, lacking nutrition, ought to be cheap. The only thing beneficial is the water, and that is not part of the package.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

"Second Savior"?? Yuck!

Processed noodles, artificial flavor, packed with salt, lacking nutrition, ought to be cheap. The only thing beneficial is the water, and that is not part of the package.

You can add veggies and meat. Which I have done, then it's actually pretty good.

Reactions: amadeus

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank God for Top Ramen. The food of the Gods. 25 cents a meal guys, eat up!

I can't do it. The soy does bad things to me, and I also just can't do it.

I am a dry beans, rice, and corn tortillas kind of girl.

"A poor man with many spices always has a feast."

Can't tell you how many times I made lentil tacos with just lentils and taco seasoning. Actually, I thought it would be terrible but it's super good.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't do it. The soy does bad things to me, and I also just can't do it.

I am a dry beans, rice, and corn tortillas kind of girl.

"A poor man with many spices always has a feast."

Can't tell you how many times I made lentil tacos with just lentils and taco seasoning. Actually, I thought it would be terrible but it's super good.
Tacos sound good! :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can add virtually anything to ramen, @Devin Wintch . Any kind of vegetable... meat... when you're hungry, anything will do. Canned and frozen vegetables are cheap and make a fine addition to ramen.
I once cooked a chicken breast in boiling water then added the ramen noodles, it was awesome!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tacos sound good! :)

Mexican food the only way I've found to feed people for $50 a week and still not have anyone suffer at all. For one person it would probably be closer to $25. :) Probably eat at least 75% vegan because dairy and meat are getting so expensive. As long as you got diced tomatoes and spices, maybe eggs, simple things on hand, nobody gets bored. Chilaquiles? yes

But when there is cheese, I got a waffle maker from Goodwill for like $3 or something, and I learned to make quesadillas in it. Life should not go any other way. It's basically greatest thing ever. Using it tonight to make waffle printed Mexican pizzas.

Reactions: Storm

Storm

Nov 23, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time to hit the ramen noodles. I like dousing them with hot sauce.

Storm

Nov 23, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Package of ramen noodles = 25 cents
28 ounce bottle of sriracha = three bucks.

Fine dining.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got me thinking, I wonder if you can add spam to top ramen, pork ramen of course.

Ok, now you're going too far, LoL.

Actually, in college, a friend of mine taught me how to experiment with ramen noodles, to sort of "dress them up" a little.

First, you throw out the spicing packet (too much MSG anyway).

Then add:

1. A can of tuna
2. Some salad dressing (Creamy Italian, Ranch, etc)
3. Some mustard
4. Maybe some mayo
5. a little Salt
6. Some Pepper

And vwallah! "Tuna Surprise" I call it.

It's decent, actually. I mean, if you like eating mush that passes for some sort of twisted casserole that starving college kids eat on a budget, LoL.