Tortured for Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Hey everyone. I was bored one day browsing the web when I came upon this website that offers a free book. I didn't think they would really send me a free book but I gave it a shot and gave them my name and address. A few weeks later I got a strange package in the mail and I was confused because I didn't remember ordering anything. Wouldn't you know it, it was the book called Tortured for Christ. Apparently it's a pretty popular book but if you like getting free stuff and you haven't read it then go sign up to get yours. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it looks good and you got nothing better to do....right? Hahaha click on the link below if you are interested.http://www.torturedforchrist.com/

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, I love being told about things like this.
:) Miss Hepburn

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
No problem Miss Hepburn ;)

I am not going to be able to read it for a while though. I am in the middle of another book called Experiencing God and I am not good at reading more than one book at a time lol. Some people can but I can't.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jimmy Engle said:

I am not going to be able to read it for a while though. I am in the middle of another book called Experiencing God and I am not good at reading more than one book at a time lol. Some people can but I can't.
As you can not read more than one book at a time ---I can not read 1 book at a time!! Ha!! I have 5 on the floor, 7 on my bed and 3 on my desk.
2 in my vehicle for waiting. I also have countless Bibles all over within reach!!
Who wrote Experiencing God ?

I know I'm going to start a new thread on our books.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Miss Hepburn said:
Jimmy Engle said:

As you can not read more than one book at a time ---I can not read 1 book at a time!! Ha!! I have 5 on the floor, 7 on my bed and 3 on my desk.
2 in my vehicle for waiting. I also have countless Bibles all over within reach!!
Who wrote Experiencing God ?

I know I'm going to start a new thread on our books.

Sorry for not getting back to you in so long, but the author for the book Experiencing God is by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. I just got finished with school so I will be reading this book. I'll post an update on this telling you what I thought of it. The person that is letting me borrow it said that it was really good so we shall see.

Paua

Mar 22, 2010
Sorry for not getting back to you in so long, but the author for the book Experiencing God is by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King. I just got finished with school so I will be reading this book. I'll post an update on this telling you what I thought of it. The person that is letting me borrow it said that it was really good so we shall see.

if this book "Tortured for Christ" is the Richard Wurmbrand story then it is a very inspirational and interesting read.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
WoW. Old thread!!!!

L.Perry............ I like your personal statement......... Fear Not, but believe.

Jesus Is Lord.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The book you mentioned was written by Richard Wurmbrand.
I met him about twenty or thirty years ago following a guest appearance at a small church in upstate NY.
He was an amazing fellow.