Traders and Investors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I mentioned the stress I was thinking of those working in walls street, on the floor.
Never did accounting or economics at school !!
Enjoy , and I hope you are successful x
Rita

Actually...us old guys do it calmly...got computers for it all now... keeps the screaming all inside the house.
I was screaming, fuming and generally nervous yesterday. It was the first time in 30 years I had done this and I was really sweating the software. I used to do everything with paper, pencil and a calculator.
Now it's all available for us automatically... computer programs do it all. Piece of cake...

Understanding what you are looking at?
Only for us geeks.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In and out of gamestop... pulled $719 out of the short so far...it's a falling knife.

Reactions: Josho

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now looking at the "R" dumps for shorting the market...

GME has several of them...
SA has a few. And we are looking for a good climb on the way up...might be today but it might be tomorrow too.
RETA is slogging along.

So far...at the moment I'm up $1,100 for two days.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The plan for today is to short GME...but watch out for the opening Bell

Bio rad did me dirty yesterday....hope it goes up today or I'm cutting my losses.

Bezos quit his job...the temptation to short is overwhelming.

Gonna pay attention to aunt RITA today...might just jump in.

@iforrest
I didn't get the tag, but found this. I don't invest in the market, though I have in the past.

As I understand the recent events hedge funds count on stocks losing value. So some Reddit users decided to rally people to invest in these failing companies, to profit at the expense of the hedge funds.

The whole concept of hedge funds is perverse, as a market should be a place to invest in companies doing well, to fund them and share in their success.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole concept of hedge funds is perverse, as a market should be a place to invest in companies doing well, to fund them and share in their success.
Not really perverse...

It's just a reverse order of buying low and selling high.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of the stocks I'm playing with are going out of business...not by a long shot.

Amazon (which I'm shorting again today) hit a high price that was unreasonable for all the news they have put forward...

Everyone is saying it's going to go down $200 of a $3,400 stock...
I agree...so I sold at a high price and by the end of the day I will buy it for a nice bit of change as a result. I'm only betting on $30 of that move.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shoulda been more skiddish on RETA today than I was...

All in all two day total is $1,750....
I jumped out clean even though the day is still going. (Hogs get slaughtered)

Amazon is still tanking...could a stayed a bit longer in but why? I hit my targets for the day. And that is discipline.
I hit my target for RETA too but thought I might get more out of her... should have stuck with the plan...I got slaughtered (only made $40 instead of ($240)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right now the plan is to watch SA and RETA at opening Bell...maybe BIO as well...

Keep an eye on the sentiment.

If I get bored I can possibly make a play on Forex...but it's not really my thing.

Meh... other things are more important.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 13095

@JohnDB check out that gain at the top, wow, that would have paid of the land loan in one day

Oops I think I got my maths wrong, no I wouldn't have haha, but I would have got rid of a chunk of the land loan.

I think a 7900% increase on $100, is $7,900.

I was thinking 79000 before, but that is incorrect I think haha

Reactions: JohnDB

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah it would have...
Are you about to start trading for the day?

You seen how I did. Let me know how you do today...

Silver shares are falling still I think I should sell and look for other options, still looking at different options though

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silver shares are falling still I think I should sell and look for other options, still looking at different options though
Did you look at those things I suggested you study?
They help a lot.

I used all of them today.

If I had hung in there with Amazon I would have made even more...but hogs get slaughtered.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not yet, so I guess that is the trick, not regretting that you could have made more if you hung in.

Well...it's more about self discipline.

That penny stock you were looking at...
Do you know from looking at the charts why you would have chosen it if you did decide to play it?
At what point would you likely have been able to jump in and ride it knowing what direction it was going to move?

Anybody can look at a chart and wish they would have taken part in riding it fully...but reality is very different.

And that's why I directed you to the things to study. So long as there is movement you can make money.

EPS, valuation, and market are absolutely crucial to understand before you jump into a stock. Tips and rumors are usually good ways to lose money unless you are truly insider trading which is illegal. Even Martha Stuart went to jail for that.

Most beginners in trading lose their money and quit. Sometimes deeply in debt if they don't learn quickly enough.
Of course I made bad calls today. But I made more good calls than bad ones and I am not afraid to admit my mistakes when I make one. Bad calls are just that...bad calls. I'm not a loser...I just made a bad call and when the market says it wasn't time yet for my predictions...it's a bad call.
I lost out on about three calls today and reversed my positions and did better. Sentiment sometimes beats forecasts. But make no mistake...long term those predictions will come true because the fundamentals are true.

I've made 5.8% on my money in two days because of the work I put in. Wish it was more...but it's not. But I also know that paying attention with edumakated guesses works wonders.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching for reactions today...

Jobless reports and the dollar... gonna be a storm at opening Bell...
By ten things should calm down enough to begin making plays.
I didn't even begin to play Amazon till after ten yesterday. Caught it just before that bump at ten or eleven and was upside down for a minute...then rode it down to inside a half hour before closing bell.

I'm looking at a bunch of things this morning... various plays. Pharmaceuticals and gold mining and maybe Tesla...not sure yet if I can get in and time it right. Toyota is another one moving.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Josho
When making a choice on something to buy you need to pay attention to something very important...
ETB and HTB.

E is for easy and when you click that button your trade goes through in just a few minutes.

H is for hard... meaning that your click is going to take time to process...up to a few hours sometimes. But usually around 30 minutes.

The brokerages say easy to borrow or hard to borrow...that's a crock! It's buy not borrow (unless you are shorting) HTBs can really really do a number on any purchases or sales...and always benefits the brokers...not the customer.

But say you bought a share of Tesla (doable) last year in the spring...and hung on to it until now.
Your $100 is now $700 give or take. That $2 you lost on that first day really don't matter a lick.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a good long term play of a "penny stock" is probably METX.

Lots of quiet interest...
It's out of favor as a glamour stock.

And it's selling at $2 share.
As the vaccinations move forward this one is going to skyrocket to around $15-20. At a guess around the spring... maybe summer.

It's hit lows of $1.78 today but is currently hovering around $2.00/share.

A recent comparison is David's tea...

Was selling around $2 last week and this week is around 6-8.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoke too soon...
It rocketed after I posted here...I shoulda just jumped in.

It rose over 40% to $2.67.
That woulda made around $40 on a $100 purchase.