Traders and Investors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to look at it tomorrow and see what can be done.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wall street bets group on reddit is in all kinds of trouble...

From SEC investigations for investment advice without a license to pump and dumping....

And now they are screaming at their followers to stop selling the GameStop stock.... cussing to boot about it.

But the sad fact is that "You have no friends on wall street"

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gained another 8% gains today....

All total for the week that's almost 14% return on investment...

For the first week of trading after quitting 30 years ago...I'm going to call that a huge win.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
METX is a huge win...

Only if Biden gives Tic Toc their listing on the exchange back.
Trump delisted the company. He was pissy towards China (has good reasons)

Likely Biden will allow them to be listed again. The software is on life support after being delisted... meaning that this group of teachers won't have an ability to teach English fairly soon unless something is done.

Currently the future doesn't look good for the company. Biden has said that he wants to be tough on China. Whether he really does or not remains to be seen.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 2.5% profits today...

Made a couple of bad choices and several flat ones...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only 2.5% profits today...

Made a couple of bad choices and several flat ones...

You must do several trades a day, I think Renewable Energy and Batteries would be a good long term investment right now though.

Even more so in America, that Biden is now President and he wants to move in that direction.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must do several trades a day, I think Renewable Energy and Batteries would be a good long term investment right now though.

Even more so in America, that Biden is now President and he wants to move in that direction.

Batteries aren't a bad play...
Gonna have to have a technology breakthrough...maybe hydrogen batteries or tech.
Gold stocks are going to continue to climb.
Commodities go up in periods of weaker US dollars... like grain and meat and non-industrial metals except for platinum. (Silver and copper have half-lives) platinum does too but it gets ignored/dismissed. Fertilizer stocks also go up as farmers need them.

But be careful....battery tech, solar tech usually benefits China with rare earth metals and silicone used to make panels and battery terminals.

Reactions: Josho

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jumped in on HTBX @ 14.57.

Gonna ride this for a minute...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.
Bad day!
Lost $109 today... couldn't catch my rythm.

Started off down 122...then made back some...ran off another trade for a loss of 3.

Tomorrow's another day.
Hey, 5 up and one down...still ok.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there's these things called options...
And with these things you get butterflies and condors.
Both come normal and iron.

Iron butterflies...
Iron condors...

Now basically these work but are snoozefests. You can only expect about 5% return a week/month.
And only about 40% actually work before expiring.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can be assured that when ones attention and concerns are caught up with the making or losing of money; values that are everlasting take a secondary position, if that.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be assured that when ones attention and concerns are caught up with the making or losing of money; values that are everlasting take a secondary position, if that.

Not quite...
We have principles in this house.
I had a perfect opportunity to play with a stock...both the up and down. It was getting the pump and dump over four days.

But my wife and I agree...
I don't play marijuana stocks...as an electrician I don't build their farms either. Not Guns either.

I mainly play tech and biotech. You can't play the whole Market...
It's a game of studying and reading and analysis. It's not about the money... although it's used for keeping score. And the only person I play against is myself.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you trade ETFs @JohnDB?
Not usually...
Most of them are not volatile enough.

Most are great places to park money when you don't want to do any active trading.
Some are short funds but most are long. Most also mimic something somewhere.

Russell 2000, Dow, Dow Jones Industrial average....S&P....

Or they do sectors like telecom, microprocessors, biotech, or commodities...
They are just like a normal mutual fund except they have no commissions or reduced earnings. No salesman either.

You just look, ask, (google) and find the ETF you are wanting and buy in through a normal discount broker. The share price is market driven...not much else to it. And a quick Google search will immediately tell you how your fund is doing. No calling your broker or waiting on a third party.
You buy these things just like a share of stock....but in truth it's a mutual fund that purchases and sells like a share of stock.

Reactions: Josho

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Currently the markets here in the US are way over bloated with cash.

There's a crash coming...
And for those not actively keeping tabs on things... keeping some money in a hedge fund is not a bad play.
Because when the markets tank (and they always do) that hedge fund will perform 400-1500% which really helps when the rest of your money is in negative returns.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a sector ETF for you if you are interested...

Global X Cybersecurity ETF (BUG)

It's called "BUG" and they invest in cyber security stocks like Check point software and Norton antivirus software.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this climate of huge run ups and overbought stocks we are sure that we are heading to a correction soon... when exactly that correction is coming is anyone's guess.

This is when fundamentals really count. Understanding of the reasons why your charts look the way they look really pay off in times like these. Many people just look at charts and can sometimes invest according to the charts with no true understanding of the correlation of why the price went up.

But it's better to be correctly positioned long before a stock becomes a glamour stock than to ride the coattails of the glamour.

Of course this takes work of countless hours of looking at stocks... setting up trigger alerts for certain stocks that might work out but might not as well. 85% of your time is spent researching and 15 % spent actually trading. If you treat this like a "get rich quick" scheme it's usually a "get poor fast" schedule.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In this climate of huge run ups and overbought stocks we are sure that we are heading to a correction soon... when exactly that correction is coming is anyone's guess.

This is when fundamentals really count. Understanding of the reasons why your charts look the way they look really pay off in times like these. Many people just look at charts and can sometimes invest according to the charts with no true understanding of the correlation of why the price went up.

But it's better to be correctly positioned long before a stock becomes a glamour stock than to ride the coattails of the glamour.

Of course this takes work of countless hours of looking at stocks... setting up trigger alerts for certain stocks that might work out but might not as well. 85% of your time is spent researching and 15 % spent actually trading. If you treat this like a "get rich quick" scheme it's usually a "get poor fast" schedule.
It insures the God that is worshipped!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It insures the God that is worshipped!
What are you talking about?

Buying and selling is normal stuff. Been around for a very very long time.

Abraham set up the spice trade route that affected the Fertile Crescent for thousands of years. He was the reason behind the garrison at Megiddo.

So your condemnation is by definition evil in and of itself...false accusations are part and parcel with Satan and not a Christian...

So what are you?

A saint or a satan?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are you talking about?

Buying and selling is normal stuff. Been around for a very very long time.

Abraham set up the spice trade route that affected the Fertile Crescent for thousands of years. He was the reason behind the garrison at Megiddo.

So your condemnation is by definition evil in and of itself...false accusations are part and parcel with Satan and not a Christian...

So what are you?

A saint or a satan?
I've hit a nerve John?