Tree of Good and Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;53530)
I am not changing the Truth. I am reading scriptures right. So please don't make any assumptions again.
Not making an assumption. It is what it is. If it isn't clear enough from God's Word in Genesis, Paul clarifies it in 1 Cor, among other places. It's been given, you protest... you change the truth. So does anyone who says otherwise. You don't like that, have a mod get their last word in and close the thread. Because I'm going to keep saying it until the truth is no longer challenged.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;53467)
Amen!Amen! x 2
Sorry. Whatever the opposite of amen is, that's what I say. Neither one of them got it right on this one.

JoyfulSue

Jun 5, 2008
I believe the original post for this entire thread asked the question "If the perfect world was intended for Adam and Eve, why was this tree created?" Going off on a tangent, the discussion has become heated about whether or not the trees in the garden were real or symbolic. In other words, God's Divine Word has become open to the interpretation of man! Seems to me, when we try to put our "spin" on His Word, we are committing the original sin over and over again....using our human "knowledge" to interpret the truth of God's Divine "Wisdom".By arguing the reality or symbolic use of the trees, the truth of the message goes by the wayside. Why would God put a tree in the garden and then forbid Adam to eat from it? Because God wanted Adam to obey, BUT He gave Adam the freedom to choose. Without free will, Adam's obedience would have been hollow. The two trees provided choice with dire consequences for the choice of disobedience.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
You will soon learn that all threads go by the wayside if you don't agree with a certain few posters.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;53531)
(thesuperjag;53531)
I am not changing the Truth. I am reading scriptures right. So please don't make any assumptions again.
Not making an assumption. It is what it is. If it isn't clear enough from God's Word in Genesis, Paul clarifies it in 1 Cor, among other places. It's been given, you protest... you change the truth. So does anyone who says otherwise. You don't like that, have a mod get their last word in and close the thread. Because I'm going to keep saying it until the truth is no longer challenged.Tell me, why can't you see that I just love you?I just love you just the way you are.

DONNIE

Jan 29, 2008
I cant believe you guys are so caught up in yourselves being right and everyone else being wrong all the time. I thought I found a good place to share but all this place is is a place for a few to shove their views down others throats and wont even listen to others unless they agree. Treeoflife has put forth a very good study and you guys wont even entertain the idea that he might be right. Thank you Kriss for some of the best Bible study I have found online and I have learned a better way to study but Im looking for a more open minded forum.Donnie

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(DONNIE;53536)
I cant believe you guys are so caught up in yourselves being right and everyone else being wrong all the time. I thought I found a good place to share but all this place is is a place for a few to shove their views down others throats and wont even listen to others unless they agree. Treeoflife has put forth a very good study and you guys wont even entertain the idea that he might be right. Thank you Kriss for some of the best Bible study I have found online and I have learned a better way to study but Im looking for a more open minded forum.Donnie
You too, won't understand my motives either, and no I am not caught up of being right or being wrong. None of us (Kriss, I and other people) are actually shoving it down on people's throats.I love you too, just the way you are. Sorry to see that you are leaving.
sad.gif

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;53520)
Thank you for proving my point that Christ is the Tree of Life. That the tree is not literal. May I ask you this too? Is Christ a tree or a human? (as well as being God)Can you explain why God / Jesus Christ is Lord and also a Tree of Life in Genesis 3 while Satan / Lucifer is a Serpent and Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil?
Thing is there is no where in the bible that satan is called the tree of knowledge and evil if there is find it and show it also I don't recall Jesus specifically calling Himself the tree of life He calls himself the vine and there are many references to tree of life in the bible each described differently while I can understand your calling Him the tree of life I just thought I'd clear that up. Rather than simply alluding proof your point from scripture. Also why in the world would God put Himself and Lucifer as options as if they were opposites in His own perfect garden. If you go through your bible you will also notice tree of life is mentioned several times however the definite article "THE" is used only in the book of genesis and the book of Revelation in other words you might find the sentence "a tree of life" several times but you will only find "THE tree of life" 3times in Genesis and 3times in Revelation showing that the same tree of life is only discussed in these 2 books and the Lord at no time calls Himself the Tree of Life in both books.The trees mentioned in genesis are literal not symbolic also Moses who wrote the book was not spoken to in dark speeches but in clear speech so it is logical that He would have written clearly and not symbolically.Numbers 12:7-8 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alistein;53540)
(thesuperjag;53520)
Thank you for proving my point that Christ is the Tree of Life. That the tree is not literal. May I ask you this too? Is Christ a tree or a human? (as well as being God)Can you explain why God / Jesus Christ is Lord and also a Tree of Life in Genesis 3 while Satan / Lucifer is a Serpent and Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil?
Thing is there is no where in the bible that satan is called the tree of knowledge and evil if there is find it and show it also I don't recall Jesus specifically calling Himself the tree of life He calls himself the vine and there are many references to tree of life in the bible each described differently while I can understand your calling Him the tree of life I just thought I'd clear that up. Rather than simply alluding proof your point from scripture. Also why in the world would God put Himself and Lucifer as options as if they were opposites in His own perfect garden. If you go through your bible you will also notice tree of life is mentioned several times however the definite article "THE" is used only in the book of genesis and the book of Revelation in other words you might find the sentence "a tree of life" several times but you will only find "THE tree of life" 3times in Genesis and 3times in Revelation showing that the same tree of life is only discussed in these 2 books and the Lord at no time calls Himself the Tree of Life in both books.The trees mentioned in genesis are literal not symbolic also Moses who wrote the book was not spoken to in dark speeches but in clear speech so it is logical that He would have written clearly and not symbolically.Numbers 12:7-8 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?Genesis 3:22 - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....Genesis 2:16 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:Mark 8:22-26 - And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(treeoflife;53494)
Oh sure, I need to read over a "Bible study" that is produced by some people on a the exact same forum that believe that the literal tree in the literal garden wasn't literal at all, all the while, God's Word stands in direct opposition. No thanks. Please perform your distortions of His Word in this thread if you will.
It'll open your eyes if you will.(treeoflife;53494)
Just because other people twist God's Word to their own destruction and make a "Bible study" out of it is really meaningless. You distort God's Word and need to come back to what He says is true. Adam was a literal man, whom was made in the image of God, and we are in that same image. You say that you have the interpretation of God, all the while rejecting the interpretation of men... but in reality, you are blinded to the fact you are given to the interpreation of a vain teaching, made by man.Here is a Bible study for you. Paul gave it. I trust Paul's Bible study, don't you?
1 Corinthians 15:45-49And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.​
It's really quite clear to those who desire to know God's Word, rather than uphold the vain teachings and traditions of man.
"The Scriptures tell us, “The first man, Adam, became a living person.” But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit. What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later. Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven. Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man. Just as we are now like the earthly man, we will someday be like the heavenly man."​
Paul clearly makes the difference. We are in the same image as Adam was... read it over if you deny it. We are in the exact same "earthy" image that Adam was, who literally lived as a living person, as a living soul, and literally ate of a literal tree. I know some of you have core foundational beliefs in Christ that are good, and they say not to throw the baby out with the bathwater... but this is getting rediculous.Read Paul's Bible study again explaining the real truth of God's Word, in 1 Corinthians 15:45-49. A literal Adam was made a living soul, earthy, and we are in the exactly same way made earthy now. Adam was not spiritual like the 2nd Adam (Jesus), who became "earthy" for our sake that we might BECOME spiritual like He is. Adam, being a living soul, also ate of a literal tree.Do not deny His Word. It is good.
Can you please show me where I said anything like Adam was not literal. I am not denying that fact at all. This is really pointless you showing us this because it has nothing to do with Satan being the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
Furthermore,Genesis 3:8-13And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.beguiled = Hebrew word # 5377 nasha' (naw-shaw');a primitive root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: to beguile, to deceive utterly (infinitive).There is more evidence of seduction and sexual acts in this narrative. But I will not show them to you. If you are interested look at the Bible study. But if you are not and are just going to repeat that this was a literal tree and literal fruit then this will be my last post on this topic because I will not get into a fighting match again. So if you choose to go this route all I have to say is, enjoy your milk because you CHOOSE not to eat of the meat. Can you guess if I am being literal or metaphorical?

Alistein

May 4, 2008
thesuperjag;53541]Genesis 3:22 - [i][b]And the LORD God said said:
Please read this again God did not call Himself a tree but said the man had become like Him in knowing good and evil and the man was restricted for his own good if he had eaten the from the tree of life he would have to live in sin forever, God was merciful in stopping man from eating of the tree of life in his sinful state after the resurrection man will again be allowed to eat from this tree.
John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....
Again i remind you you said Jesus called Himself the tree of life all I see here is life but where is the tree. There is a difference between tree of life and the life.
Genesis 2:16 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
If the tree of life was symbolic here then what about the other trees in the garden? These verse even writes commanded do you think Eve was blind and why did she tell God that she was deceived and ate? obviously you don't eat people and at this time they were only told to eat plants or fruits.Mark 8:22-26 - And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.[/QUOTE] Notice it was said that he was restored and that he saw clearly after, this means he wasn't seeing clearly when he saw men as trees and if Adam and Eve saw the devil as a tree and Jesus as a tree then that means they weren't seeing properly as well yet they were made good. Jesus did not comment on the man seeing into the spiritual and also the man did not say men were trees but that he saw them as or like trees.Like I said you won't find any scriptures in the bible that says Jesus is the tree of life or that the devil is the tree of knowledge of good and evil because their is non consider the following11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? Was God speaking symbolically when He said the above. In fact through out this chapter the tree is well referred to as a tree and not symbolically and it is God making the reference

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alistein;53545)
(thesuperjag;53541)
Genesis 3:22 - And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Please read this again God did not call Himself a tree but said the man had become like Him in knowing good and evil and the man was restricted for his own good if he had eaten the from the tree of life he would have to live in sin forever, God was merciful in stopping man from eating of the tree of life in his sinful state after the resurrection man will again be allowed to eat from this tree.(thesuperjag;53541)
John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....
Again i remind you you said Jesus called Himself the tree of life all I see here is life but where is the tree. There is a difference between tree of life and the life.(thesuperjag;53541)
Genesis 2:16 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
If the tree of life was symbolic here then what about the other trees in the garden? These verse even writes commanded do you think Eve was blind and why did she tell God that she was deceived and ate? obviously you don't eat people and at this time they were only told to eat plants or fruits.(thesuperjag;53541)
Mark 8:22-26 - And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly. And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.
Notice it was said that he was restored and that he saw clearly after, this means he wasn't seeing clearly when he saw men as trees and if Adam and Eve saw the devil as a tree and Jesus as a tree then that means they weren't seeing properly as well yet they were made good. Jesus did not comment on the man seeing into the spiritual and also the man did not say men were trees but that he saw them as or like trees.Like I said you won't find any scriptures in the bible that says Jesus is the tree of life or that the devil is the tree of knowledge of good and evil because their is non consider the following11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? Was God speaking symbolically when He said the above. In fact through out this chapter the tree is well referred to as a tree and not symbolically and it is God making the referenceYou are simply not getting it on what my post is about. The answer is there in my previous post(s) and some others if you are really want to know the Truth. So in fact, I'll let it be.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Alpha and Omega;53544)
Furthermore,Genesis 3:8-13And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.beguiled = Hebrew word # 5377 nasha' (naw-shaw');a primitive root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: to beguile, to deceive utterly (infinitive).There is more evidence of seduction and sexual acts in this narrative. But I will not show them to you. If you are interested look at the Bible study. But if you are not and are just going to repeat that this was a literal tree and literal fruit then this will be my last post on this topic because I will not get into a fighting match again. So if you choose to go this route all I have to say is, enjoy your milk because you CHOOSE not to eat of the meat. Can you guess if I am being literal or metaphorical?
The word nasha here as you note means to lead astray however you have missed it when you used seduced if you notice in the strongs concordance it puts morally in bracket and not sexually. when it says seduce here it means moral seduction also to make it clearer it even puts a semi colon and then writes beguile ,deceive it is clear from the strongs use of english that beguile does not mean sexual seduction also since adam did thesame thing Eve did does that mean he had sex with the devil as well. That is just plain ridiculous. Here is a link that better explains thesehttp://prophecyarchive.com/ray/barr-family...word/claim2.htm here is a little excerpt from the siteStrong's Concordance Hebrew Dictionary list the definition for the Hebrew word #5377 (beguiled as used in Genesis 3:13), is shown here as 5377 nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:-beguile, deceive., X greatly, x utterly. 5878. nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; [perh. Ident. with 5377, through the Idea of imposition]; to Lend on Interest; by impl. to dun for debt: x debt, exact, giver of usury.This is a Prime Root, which means that this is used as the core word, which is then modified with the addition of letters which then changes the basic meaning slightly. However, each modified word must have the basic meaning of this word, in a different form. The main meaning of this word and all variations of it means "to lead astray. "It does not and can not mean anything else! The reference above in it's condensed form does make reference to the word "seduce" as an example of deception, and not as a definition of having sexual intercourse. Lets take a look at what our English Dictionary has to say about the word "seduce". From the NEW CENTURY DICTIONARY, a two volume set gives the definition:

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;53546)
You are simply not getting it on what my post is about. The answer is there in my previous post(s) and some others if you are really want to know the Truth. So in fact, I'll let it be.
Nothing wrong with stating it again if I missed it. I ask you to show proof from the scriptures and you did not. What i asked was simple show in the scripture where Jesus calls Himself the tree of life since you said He did secondly show where the scriptures say that satan is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The Word of God comments on itself. If you are getting all these from the bible then show where you are getting it and stop alluding to things. I am interested in seeing this for myself.Read the following and prove it wrong as from what I gather this refutes the doctrines of a symbolic treehttp://prophecyarchive.com/ray/barr-family...word/claim2.htmThe following list is from Strong's Concordance, and shows how many times the word "beguile" is used, and which verses use the word "beguile", and which of the Strong's identification numbers have been assigned for location in the Hebrew Dictionary. It list a few words around the word "beguile" (b') to help in finding a passage you may be looking for. beguile See also BEGUILED; BEGUILING. Col 2:4 lest any man should b' you with 3884 18 Let no man b' you of your reward 2603 beguiled Ge 3:13 The serpent b' me and I did eat 5377 29:25 wherefore then hast thou b' me? 7411 Nu 25:18 they have b' you in the matter of 5230 Jos 9:22 Wherefore have ye b' us, saying, 7411 2Co 11:3 as the serpent b' Eve through his 1818 beguiling 2Pe 2:14 b' unstable souls: an heart they 1185Strong's Concordance Hebrew Dictionary list the definition for the Hebrew word #5377 (beguiled as used in Genesis 3:13), is shown here as 5377 nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:-beguile, deceive., X greatly, x utterly. 5878. nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; [perh. Ident. with 5377, through the Idea of imposition]; to Lend on Interest; by impl. to dun for debt: x debt, exact, giver of usury.This is a Prime Root, which means that this is used as the core word, which is then modified with the addition of letters which then changes the basic meaning slightly. However, each modified word must have the basic meaning of this word, in a different form. The main meaning of this word and all variations of it means "to lead astray. "It does not and can not mean anything else! The reference above in it's condensed form does make reference to the word "seduce" as an example of deception, and not as a definition of having sexual intercourse. Lets take a look at what our English Dictionary has to say about the word "seduce". From the NEW CENTURY DICTIONARY, a two volume set gives the definition: seduce (se-düs'), v. t.; -duced, -ducing.[L. seducere (pp. seduct us), ducere, lead.] To lead or draw away, as from one's chosen course, accepted principles, faith, allegiance, etc., by persuasions or inducements (as, "Cecilius... seduced others from the religion he had left," J. H. Newman's "Cellista," viii.; "The French King attempted by splendid offers to seduce him from the cause of the Republic," Macaulay's "Hist. of Eng.," ii.); win over or beguile (as, "Condé, won over and seduced by the Sirens of the Court, signed it (a peace]": Besant's "Coligny," viii.); entice (into, to, etc.: as, "Or if not drive, seduce them to our party," Milton's "Paradise Lost," .ii 368); lead astray, entice away from duty or rectitud, or Corrupt (as "Celius... tried to seduce Cesar's garrison, and was put to death for his treachery"; Froude's "Cesar," xxii.); specif, to entice (a woman) to a surrender of chastity. -- seduce'ment, n. The act of seducing, or the state of being seduced; also, a means of seducing.-- se-du'cer (-du'sêr), - se-du'ci-ble, a. Capable, of being seduced.We see from this definition that the Word "seduce" has to do primarily with changing ones path by deception, and can and does apply primarily to many more things than to just tricking a woman into sexual relations, which you can see here is almost a "by the way addition to the definition. The first paragraph gives the meaning and the rest are examples.Now We see in the definition below of "beguile" from the same English dictionary used above, what it's meaning is. We see here that this definition has the same meaning as does the Hebrew word nasha' (Strong's #05377) used in Genesis 3:13 and translated as "beguiled". They both mean deceived. The reference to seduction shown in Strong's is clearly referring to the deception used in seducing one and not to the act of sex itself be-guile (be-gil'), v. t. To work upon by guile; delude; cheat; disappoint or foil; deprive artfully (of) ; draw (into, out of etc.) as by wiles; charm or divert; while away (time) pleasantly. - be-guile'ment, n. The act of beguiling; the state of being beguiled; a beguiling agency or influence.-- be-guil'er (- gi'ler), n. -- be-guil'ing-ly, adv.Therefore we can say with certainty that EVE did NOT have sex with Satan which led to the birth of Cain. Eve herself said that she believed that Cain was the man child promised by God in Genesis 4:1There is one other way to look at it. Let us substitute into the verse the words or actions that has been claimed for this verse by an alternate reading. Alternate reading for example only. Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent HAD SEX WITH ME, and I did eat.What on earth or in heaven would having sex with the serpent have to do with eating the forbidden fruit??? I just does not fit!! I stand with my belief that the bible says exactly what it means with NO Truth Hidden. Both the Hebrew and the English have the same meaning, Eve was tricked or deceived. This is confirmed by Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:3 where he uses the Greek word translated also as "beguiled" (Strong's Greek #1818) which means "deceived".And finally: Gen. 4:1 "and Adam knew Eve his wife: who conceived and brought forth CainWritten in answer to the claim that the word "beguiled" as used in Genesis 3:13 means that Eve had sex with Satan and therefore Satan was the father of Cain. I believe that this claim has been refuted.Rev. Jack BarrAnother interesting argument against this notion of a symbolic tree is below http://www.missiontoisrael.org/didshe-pt1.php

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alistein;53548)
(thesuperjag;53546)
You are simply not getting it on what my post is about. The answer is there in my previous post(s) and some others if you are really want to know the Truth. So in fact, I'll let it be.
Nothing wrong with stating it again if I missed it. I ask you to show proof from the scriptures and you did not. What i asked was simple show in the scripture where Jesus calls Himself the tree of life since you said He did secondly show where the scriptures say that satan is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The Word of God comments on itself. If you are getting all these from the bible then show where you are getting it and stop alluding to things. I am interested in seeing this for myself.Read the following and prove it wrong as from what I gather this refutes the doctrines of a symbolic treehttp://prophecyarchive.com/ray/barr-...ord/claim2.htmThe following list is from Strong's Concordance, and shows how many times the word "beguile" is used, and which verses use the word "beguile", and which of the Strong's identification numbers have been assigned for location in the Hebrew Dictionary. It list a few words around the word "beguile" (b') to help in finding a passage you may be looking for.beguile See also BEGUILED; BEGUILING.Col 2:4 lest any man should b' you with 388418 Let no man b' you of your reward 2603beguiledGe 3:13 The serpent b' me and I did eat 537729:25 wherefore then hast thou b' me? 7411Nu 25:18 they have b' you in the matter of 5230Jos 9:22 Wherefore have ye b' us, saying, 74112Co 11:3 as the serpent b' Eve through his 1818beguiling2Pe 2:14 b' unstable souls: an heart they 1185Strong's Concordance Hebrew Dictionary list the definition for the Hebrew word #5377 (beguiled as used in Genesis 3:13), is shown here as5377 nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; to lead astray, i.e. (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce:-beguile, deceive., X greatly, x utterly.5878. nasha', naw-shaw'; a prim. Root; [perh. Ident. with 5377, through the Idea of imposition]; to Lend on Interest; by impl. to dun for debt: x debt, exact, giver of usury.This is a Prime Root, which means that this is used as the core word, which is then modified with the addition of letters which then changes the basic meaning slightly. However, each modified word must have the basic meaning of this word, in a different form. The main meaning of this word and all variations of it means "to lead astray. "It does not and can not mean anything else! The reference above in it's condensed form does make reference to the word "seduce" as an example of deception, and not as a definition of having sexual intercourse. Lets take a look at what our English Dictionary has to say about the word "seduce". From the NEW CENTURY DICTIONARY, a two volume set gives the definition:seduce (se-düs'), v. t.; -duced, -ducing.[L. seducere (pp. seduct us), ducere, lead.] To lead or draw away, as from one's chosen course, accepted principles, faith, allegiance, etc., by persuasions or inducements (as, "Cecilius... seduced others from the religion he had left," J. H. Newman's "Cellista," viii.; "The French King attempted by splendid offers to seduce him from the cause of the Republic," Macaulay's "Hist. of Eng.," ii.); win over or beguile (as, "Condé, won over and seduced by the Sirens of the Court, signed it (a peace]": Besant's "Coligny," viii.); entice (into, to, etc.: as, "Or if not drive, seduce them to our party," Milton's "Paradise Lost," .ii 368); lead astray, entice away from duty or rectitud, or Corrupt (as "Celius... tried to seduce Cesar's garrison, and was put to death for his treachery"; Froude's "Cesar," xxii.); specif, to entice (a woman) to a surrender of chastity. -- seduce'ment, n. The act of seducing, or the state of being seduced; also, a means of seducing.-- se-du'cer (-du'sêr), - se-du'ci-ble, a. Capable, of being seduced.We see from this definition that the Word "seduce" has to do primarily with changing ones path by deception, and can and does apply primarily to many more things than to just tricking a woman into sexual relations, which you can see here is almost a "by the way addition to the definition. The first paragraph gives the meaning and the rest are examples.Now We see in the definition below of "beguile" from the same English dictionary used above, what it's meaning is. We see here that this definition has the same meaning as does the Hebrew word nasha' (Strong's #05377) used in Genesis 3:13 and translated as "beguiled". They both mean deceived. The reference to seduction shown in Strong's is clearly referring to the deception used in seducing one and not to the act of sex itselfbe-guile (be-gil'), v. t. To work upon by guile; delude; cheat; disappoint or foil; deprive artfully (of) ; draw (into, out of etc.) as by wiles; charm or divert; while away (time) pleasantly. - be-guile'ment, n. The act of beguiling; the state of being beguiled; a beguiling agency or influence.-- be-guil'er (- gi'ler), n. -- be-guil'ing-ly, adv.Therefore we can say with certainty that EVE did NOT have sex with Satan which led to the birth of Cain. Eve herself said that she believed that Cain was the man child promised by God in Genesis 4:1There is one other way to look at it. Let us substitute into the verse the words or actions that has been claimed for this verse by an alternate reading.Alternate reading for example only.Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent HAD SEX WITH ME, and I did eat.What on earth or in heaven would having sex with the serpent have to do with eating the forbidden fruit??? I just does not fit!! I stand with my belief that the bible says exactly what it means with NO Truth Hidden. Both the Hebrew and the English have the same meaning, Eve was tricked or deceived. This is confirmed by Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:3 where he uses the Greek word translated also as "beguiled" (Strong's Greek #1818) which means "deceived".And finally: Gen. 4:1 "and Adam knew Eve his wife: who conceived and brought forth CainWritten in answer to the claim that the word "beguiled" as used in Genesis 3:13 means that Eve had sex with Satan and therefore Satan was the father of Cain. I believe that this claim has been refuted.Rev. Jack BarrAnother interesting argument against this notion of a symbolic tree is belowhttp://www.missiontoisrael.org/didshe-pt1.phpTried it so many times as my post and His Truth has pass over your head. My previous second post has those Truth in it, but you just can't see it yet, even though it is right in front of your eyes to see...

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(thesuperjag;53550)
Tried it so many times as my post and His Truth has pass over your head. My previous second post has those Truth in it, but you just can't see it yet, even though it is right in front of your eyes to see...
I would remind you that this is God's word we are all dabbling into the importance can not be quantified or measured those who pervert His truth will be judged by thesame truth same holds for me as well as you I believe I have earnestly shown scripturally what the lord revealed in His word backed by scripture I hope you affirm to thesame. Needless I still hold to my affirmations that these is speaking of a literal tree and in spite of all you have said I have not seen any point from you neither have you answered my questions. Your posts are simply vain allusions and do not show any source from which you came by them. I believe it is you that has lost sight of the truth.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
What about all the other trees in the garden that were pleasant to the eyes, good for food? What do they represent?
Genesis 2:9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
The TREE of knowledge of good and evil, and the the TREE of life were in the MIDST of the garden, along with all the other trees. They were also pleasant to the sight, and good for food, just like all the other trees in the garden.
Genesis 3:6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
every tree; `ets that is pleasant; chamad to the sight; mar'eh and good; towb for food; ma'akal Exact same words used for every other TREE in the garden is used for the TREE of life and the TREE of knowledge of good and evil. Also, every other TREE just like these two TREES were PLEASANT TO THE EYESand GOOD FOR FOOD, just like all the other trees that God made.These were exactly as God's Word states. Trees. Good for food. Literal, actual trees... just as God's Word simply states it.(Alpha and Omega;53542)
It'll open your eyes if you will.
Interesting... sounds like basically the same thing Satan convinced Eve of in the Garden. Could it be it is because Satan has had you convinced of the same? Sorry... I won't "bite."
Genesis 3:5“God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.” Genesis 3:7At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves.
You're right, it very well may open my eyes... but not to the truth. I prefer the guaranteed security of simply obeying God's simple Word... rather than experiencing the feeling I will someday have of being ashamed and naked because I walked contary to it, all for the sake of attaining unnecessary "wisdom" that does not come from above.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(watt;53619)
VIRGIN MARY IS ALSO PART OF THE GOD PLAN FOR SALVATION
You'll need to start a new thread on that one...

watt

Jun 21, 2008
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRITHere I AM again to share with you all THE TRUTH OF GOD LOVE.(treeoflife;53621)
You'll need to start a new thread on that one...
Thanks for your respond.MAY GOD BLESSAMENFROM WATT