Trial run... Or the real thing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Keraz, post: 711398, member: 7877"]But obviously, the Covid 19 is not 'sudden destruction'.
What that will be is told to us in over 100 Bible prophesies; The Lord will send fire, an explosion of the suns surface, that will literally fulfil all those graphic prophesies.

Joel 1:15 The day is near, the Day of the Lord it comes as a mighty destruction from Almighty God.

Joel 2:1-5 Blow the trumpet in Israel, sound the alarm in Jerusalem. Let all who live in the Land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming – it is close at hand. A Day of darkness and clouds.
Like [at] the dawn, an innumerable host comes across the land,
such as never was and will never be again. A fire goes before them, leaving wasteland behind. With a great noise they leap mountains and consume everything to stubble.

Joel 2:6-11 At the sight of them, all the nations are in anguish. They march in line, none swerving against any defence. They rush upon cities and enter houses through the windows. The earth quakes and the sky is darkened. The Lord thunders at the head of His army, beyond number are those who obey His command. The Day of the Lord is great and dreadful, who can endure it?

Joel 1:6-12 & 19-20 this invading host destroys trees and crops. Fire has burnt the pastures and trees. All the streams have dried up.

The Day of the Lord, as described by Joel is not Armageddon, at the Return of Jesus or at the Great White Throne judgement. It is plainly an event before then, also prophesied in Isaiah 2:12-21, Revelation 6:12-17, Ezekiel 7:2-9: + over other 100 times.

Joel uses the metaphor of an army to describe how this destruction moves across the earth as it rotates- ‘with the dawn’. As nations turn to face the sun, the effects of a Coronal Mass Ejection- sunstrike will hit them. Initially, it will strike the earth as a light flash [Isaiah 30:26a] within 8 minutes, then the highly charged cosmic particles arrive about 24 hours later, causing immense destruction and deaths. Fires and volcanic eruptions will result in smoke and ash clouds, covering the sky. Isaiah 29:5-6, Psalms 18:7-15, Jeremiah 4:23-28

Judah [the current State of Israel] is affected- Hosea 8:14, Eze. 20:45-48, Isa 4:3-4.
And the Lord’s enemies: Isaiah 22:5-14, Psalms 83:1-18, Isaiah 63:1-6. Isaiah 66:15-17, plus many others.

Deuteronomy 32:34-43 says how He will act when His enemies ‘foot will slip”. That is they make a mistake. That mistake will be their instigating an attack against Israel.

Malachi 4:1-3 Surely the day of the Lord is coming, it will burn like a furnace. All the evildoers will be as stubble, they will be burned up. They will be ashes under your feet. But for you, who revere My Name, righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. You will rejoice and prevail over the wicked on the Day that I act against them.

THEN the many prophecies that describe the migration of all true believers into the Promised Land will come to pass. This great exodus of His faithful Christian people will fulfil the promises that God made to the Patriarchs and they will, at last be a people that will be a ‘light to the nations’. They will prepare themselves and the world for the Return of Jesus. Ezekiel 35:11-30, Ezekiel 36:8-12, Deuteronomy 30:1-10, Zechariah 10:6-12, Isaiah 46:27-28, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Zephaniah 10:6-12

That Jesus is not yet present at this time, is clear from the many verses saying: ‘You will know that I am the Lord, when... And how it ‘will be as in the days of Egypt’.

Eze. 14:6-11, Eze 39:22, Joel 2:27, Isa 41:20. Reference: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged[/QUOTE

Reactions: Keraz

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For those who trusted and obeyed God, and who were not "lacking in knowledge", even the black plague did not present a danger to them.

Same today, as always, as clear throughout God's Word, and the history of His people (OT and NT) ... and since then.

Why did/ why do/ His people perish ? "For lack of knowledge" .....
So,
at all cost, gain the truth (it is written in Scripture to do this).

Seek the truth, and keep seeking the truth (in God's Way/ Kingdom/ Plan/ Word) and then what happens ? (hint: God tells in His Word what happens)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This took place, 70 AD
Impossible; the conquest of Judah by the Romans does not relate to the over 70 Bible prophesies that vividly describe a Day, the like of which has never been known and will not be again. Joel 2:2b

Making comments without scriptural support, is merely opinion, of no value and leaves you in the dark, about what the Lord intends to do.
1 Thess 5:3-5

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scribes and the Pharisees who sought to kill Jesus,
like the religious and political leaders today do, who seek to kill Jesus' followers,
often read the WORD DAILY - had it memorized front to back even....
but the VEIL REMAINED - they could not see.

I believe if all would read the word independently He will lead them to salvation.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like the religious and political leaders today do, who seek to kill Jesus' followers,
This is why I posted independently,

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't receive many independent thoughts on here, mostly group think.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't receive many independent thoughts on here, mostly group think.
That is all you will 'receive' in that group you said you beleive in. (post 84)
Are you "in" that group? Why on earth or for heaven's sake would you believe in it ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I posted independently,
God's Word says to not be 'self' dependent, but more and more "GOD DEPENDENT". He does not welcome the thoughts nor the ways of the carnal man/ 'self' in an old creation --- and in the new creation, we are no longer independent.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all you will 'receive' in that group you said you beleive in. (post 84)
Are you "in" that group? Why on earth or for heaven's sake would you believe in it ?
The Catholic Church is the church universal, it isn't religion.

I asked you earlier what your thoughts were concerning these great drops of blood, your response was a link to what some other man believes.

I'll ask again,,,,,,, your thoughts,,,,,,

Please

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word says to not be 'self' dependent, but more and more "GOD DEPENDENT". He does not welcome the thoughts nor the ways of the carnal man/ 'self' in an old creation --- and in the new creation, we are no longer independent.
The Spirit within you is capable of showing you all things.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit within you is capable of showing you all things.
As Jesus says, the Father (Himself) reveals Salvation (Healing) and everything concerning Salvation in this life and the life to come to little children.

Most people's spirit is not capable of knowing anything spiritual. (i.e. the old man, the old nature, cannot grasp truth or anything spiritual)
The Catholic Church is the church universal, it isn't religion.
Your USE of CAPITAL LETTERS in catholic is contrary to the use historically. catholic with a small "c" once meant universal - but today it rarely does, and with a capital "c" it never does. With a capital "c" it refers to the whore of babylon.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your USE of CAPITAL LETTERS in catholic is contrary to the use historically. catholic with a small "c" once meant universal - but today it rarely does, and with a capital "c" it never does. With a capital "c" it refers to the whore of babylon.

This is a product of group think from men who look to men saying tell me what I believe, I'm incapable of knowing God.