Trinity, A deeper look

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you have the same disease as did Dave L.

Telling @amadeus that he is wrong for denying the Trinity is not going to do him any good. You need to help him believe in the truth by showing him the Trinity from scripture.

People believe what they believe for a reason. Most people are not going to change what they believe simply because they are told that they are wrong. They need to be shown the truth. Give them a reason to believe in the truth, other than the condemnation that you are currently heaping upon them.

Most people will not believe what you tell them because coersion. Even people that have converted to Islam because of the sword have retained their Christian faith as moderates; of course when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, they will confess that Jesus is the Son of God if God abides in Him and He in them, even in the face of the sword of Islam.

But my point being that, if you cannot show from the Bible the reality of the Trinity, nor can show from the Bible the essentiality (concerning salvation) of it as a doctrine; then your condemnation of those who do not hold to that doctrine is only based on your opinion and not the word of the Lord. Therefore there is no need to fear the condemnation that you are preaching about.

But if you can show from scripture that believing in the Trinity is essential for salvation, those who do not believe in it will be forced to at least look at it as a doctrine to see whether the Bible actually teaches it so that it would be absolutely sound doctrine.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in the Trinity myself...I'm just not certain that people who are searching for the truth are necessarily condemned if they don't believe in it yet.

I see the deity of Christ as absolutely essential (John 8:24, Exodus 3:14); but there is no verse or passage in the Bible that I can find that condemns disbelief in the Triune nature of the Lord. While I believe that the Bible teaches this doctrine; and if one is aware of the verses that teach it so clearly, to disregard or deny them would be to deny Christ, who is the Word: if someone is unaware of the verses that teach it and are still developing their theology, the Lord is not going to condemn them for their lack of knowledge (as long as they are seeking accurate knowledge); but He looks at their heart: and if they love Him, they are known by Him (1 Corinthians 8:3).
amadeus
And I have discussed this number of times before. He has made it clear accepting the Trinity is a nonstarter for him.

Remember, he thinks Bible study is a problem. He thinks he gets all his information straight from the Holy Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus
And I have discussed this number of times before. He has made it clear accepting the Trinity is a nonstarter for him.

Remember, he thinks Bible study is a problem. He thinks he gets all his information straight from the Holy Spirit.
@amadeus, is that true?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches Trinity which you deny.
When you don't understand what I write you go back to an old subject as if that would fix everything. Why not back to your knees before God and wait on Him?

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you don't understand what I write you go back to an old subject as if that would fix everything. Why not back to your knees before God and wait on Him?

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
He gave me the Bible so I am not supposed to wait for an already known answer.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
CoreIssue said:
amadeus

justbyfaith said:
@amadeus, is that true?

To CoreIssue I guess that is how he remembers or concludes or understood what I said. What I have meant is that I do not embrace the Trinity or anything else simply because any other man or men have done so or do so. I have told @CoreIssue plainly that I have never rejected the Trinity. I still don't. But neither will I teach or endorse something that I do not see.

I also do not see Bible study as a problem. I have been reading and studying the Bible for many years. What I have said to
@CoreIssue and others is that Bible study alone will NOT lead us to truth. Study of the Bible as I see it partaking of the flesh of Jesus as He told us to do [John 6:53]. This must be accompanied by partaking of his blood, which I see as the Holy Spirit, the blood of the Body of Christ. The dead flesh consumed is to the spiritual new man as the flesh of a cow we eat in a hamburger. Within our carnal body of flesh the beef will become a part of us being brought to life. Similarly the dead flesh eaten/consumed by parts of the Body of Christ [you and me] is brought to Life by the spiritual blood, [the Holy Spirit]. This is the necessary growth of each part of the Body of Christ, each part being subjected to Head [Jesus] of that Body. It is all coming together... whether we are a part of it... or not.

Study of the scriptures alone without the quickening of the Spirit is a weariness of the flesh [Ecc 12:12]. Study is necessary and is strongly suggested or commanded, but as manner of obedience, NOT in order to learn [although with Holy Spirit involvement learning may occur:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Tim 2:15

Note that it reads, "Study to", to what? "to show thyself approved"... not to learn! The learning is seen in this verse:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gave me the Bible so I am not supposed to wait for an already known answer.
Well no one but you can live for God for you. You must follow according to your own heart and the Bible if that is where you are in this.

Even you must recognize that the black and white words of the Bible are not so clear to every situation that every one reading will receive precisely the same message. Sometimes the reason is that one person is quenching the Holy Spirit and following instead his own head.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well no one but you can live for God for you. You must follow according to your own heart and the Bible if that is where you are in this.

Even you must recognize that the black and white words of the Bible are not so clear to every situation that every one reading will receive precisely the same message. Sometimes the reason is that one person is quenching the Holy Spirit and following instead his own head.
Most are crystal clear.

God is not vague.

Reactions: justbyfaith