Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for seven years. B.A. 1976, J.D. 1979.
Man we are about the same age. I went into Engineering Aerospace/Astronautical/Systems ay UT Austin, USC and Chapman Univ. I was married with children when I got my BSc in 1983....and MSc 1989. Schooling took up a big chunk of my life.

I hope to be much more understanding and not so abrupt at times. Words can harm...and I did not want to belittle you or anyone. I get ahead of my own ego at times...sorry about that...:)

Reactions: RedFan

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked a very good question. @Andreas, for reasons unknown to me, didn’t answer it; at least not in this thread.

I don’t presume to answer for him, but your question deserves an answer.

Is Jesus God? The second person of the holy Trinity?

In post-biblical trinitarian theology, yes.

In scripture, no.

the same authority of Christ in his church that gave us scripture also defined the nature of God as at trinity of persons co-equal and undivided unity

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith I see you are at it again with another attempt to convince based on zero pillars of truth and then standing on sand.

It would have been much more fitting if you started this thread on the 1st of April rather that the 4th.

the same church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15 and teaches the holy trinity!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the same authority of Christ in his church that gave us scripture …

The Roman Catholic Church didn’t give us scripture.

…also defined the nature of God as at trinity of persons co-equal and undivided unity

I give the Roman Catholic Church credit for that.

Reactions: APAK

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church didn’t give us scripture.

I give the Roman Catholic Church credit for that.

Rule of faith cannot be the “Bible Alone” because we did not have a bible until 381 when the church of the apostles by the authority of Christ determined what was and what was not scripture! You only have a bible cos the church wrote one and cannonized it by the authority of Christ thru his apostles!

Saint Jerome’s work of collecting the Bible and getting it approved did not happen until in 381 it was approved by the Pope, the valid successor of Peter having jurisdiction authority of the keys of the kingdom of heaven!

How did the church for almost four centuries live without the “Bible alone”?
The teaching authority of the apostles that’s how! The Bible’s is the Bible by the authority of the church, Christ’s authority given to His apostles!

Christ founded the church on Peter and the apostles to defend, to protect, and to teach “thee faith”

God, Christ, the HS, the church, the apostles cannot be any authority at all, only scripture
1st problem is that the church of the apostles says what is and what is not scripture!
The Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles!
Must hear the church according to Christ and scripture! Matt 18:17

Pillar and foundation of truth!
The church teaches the truth revealed by Christ with His authority in the apostles!
1 Tim 3:15

The church existed before the New Testament!
The church believed and taught before there was a New Testament!
The church exercised authority before there was a New Testament!
The authority of Christ thru His one true church wrote the New Testament!
The church founded by Christ on Peter has authority to:
Teach, Govern, And sanctify!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith I concur with Mattias' comments...he is spot on

God, Christ, the HS, the church, the apostles cannot be any authority at all, only scripture
1st problem is that the church of the apostles says what is and what is not scripture!

The church teaches the truth revealed by Christ with His authority in the apostles!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Christ teach the apostles in the 40 days from His resurrection to His ascension?
What did he teach the two disciples on the road to Emmaus?
What was revealed to John the Baptist in Lk 3:2 the word of God came unto John, and did it come by the Bible alone?
Where does Christ command the New Testament to be written? The apostles having the authority of Christ chose to write scripture! Other apostles wrote nothing at all!
How does the eunuch know about baptism? Acts 8

Rule of faith cannot be the “Bible Alone” because we did not have a bible until 381 when the church of the apostles by the authority of Christ determined what was and what was not scripture! You only have a bible cos the church wrote one and cannonized it by the authority of Christ thru his apostles!

Could not read
The Bible itself points to authority granted by Christ
The Bible condemns person interpretation of scripture as opposed to the church of the apostles having the authority of Christ to interpret scripture

so how can the rule of faith be the “Bible alone” when it did not even exist until the church approved it in 381 by the authority of Christ in His apostles, what about the millions who could not read most could not read until the 20th century, and books including Bible were rare and very expensive all written by hand (mostly by monks who sacrificed their whole life to copy a bible) until the printing press, even then they were still expensive
What does a blind person do?

the Holy Spirit is guaranteed to the apostles Jn 16:13 they are to teach the nations Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 8

in acts 8 did the eunuch know about Christ and baptism from the scripture and the Holy Spirit? No God sent him and apostle

Acts 2:42 the held the doctrine of the apostles
Not the doctrine of the “Bible alone”!

if you believe the doctrine of the “Bible alone”, then there can be no other authority so scratch that verse out of your Bible! And many others that refer to the authority of the apostles!
Btw it’s only by the authority of the apostles that know what is and what is not scripture

Cannot summit to or obey any other authority accept the Bible alone
Even God, or Christ, or His church, or His apostles, or those who He sent and commanded to care for you’re soul!
The Bible is the only authority for a Protestant!

Where does the Bible say the rule of faith is the Bible alone?

the Bible was not assembled and approved until 381 by the apostles btw
Only the apostles said what is and what is not scripture.

What did Christians do in all those years without the “Bible alone”
until the advent of printing bibles were copied by hand and very rare and extremely expensive what did Christians do in those days
Most people were illiterate until the 20th century what did they do?
So you see the “Bible Alone” cannot be the rule of faith for Christians!
Instead we actually believe scripture and submit to and obey the apostles acts 2:42

Must be taught! Must be instructed by Christ!

Bible does not say to read and decide doctrine for you’re self!

Lk 1:1-4
1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8 the eunuch had scripture but needed to be instructed by an apostle.

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Taught by Christ thru His apostles!

Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Christ taught them and us thru the apostles.

Lk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Not scripture alone, but what the prophets spoke! And Christ explaining the scriptures, and we also are disciples, Christ also opens the scripture to us thru His church by the teaching authority of the apostles!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Saint Jerome’s work of collecting the Bible and getting it approved did not happen until in 381 it was approved by the Pope, the valid successor of Peter having jurisdiction authority of the keys of the kingdom of heaven!

The teaching authority of the apostles that’s how! The Bible’s is the Bible by the authority of the church, Christ’s authority given to His apostles!

Christ founded the church on Peter and the apostles to defend, to protect, and to teach “thee faith”

What? Are you really that uninformed? The Bible was written long before Christianity came on the scene. When Jesus (and others) read from the Scriptures, they were reading from => the Bible <= Additionally, there are quotes from the Bible throughout the New Testament.

One example: "Now Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and the regaining of sight to the blind,
to set free those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to tell them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled even as you heard it being read.” Luke 4:16-21

Obviously we had a Bible long before 321 CE. It was not written by "the church"!!! Saying that "the Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles" is one of the most absurd things I have ever read!!! How did the apostles quote from a non-existent Bible??? Once again, your blatant anti-Semitism has blinded you to God's truth!

I have read a lot of your preposterous posts, but this one "takes the cake": "The Bible’s [sic] is the Bible by the authority of the church, Christ’s authority given to His apostles!" That is total nonsense; it is preposterous that you don't know the basic facts about the Bible!!!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I rendered to you what is your due. That’s more than what Protestantism will do.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? Are you really that uninformed? The Bible was written long before Christianity came on the scene. When Jesus (and others) read from the Scriptures, they were reading from => the Bible <= Additionally, there are quotes from the Bible throughout the New Testament.

One example: "Now Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed
me to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and the regaining of sight
to the blind,
to set free
those who are oppressed,
to proclaim the year
of the Lord’s favor.”

Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to tell them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled even as you heard it being read.” Luke 4:16-21

Obviously we had a Bible long before 321 CE. It was not written by "the church"!!! Saying that "the Bible comes from the teaching of the apostles" is one of the most absurd things I have ever read!!! How did the apostles quote from a non-existent Bible??? Once again, your blatant anti-Semitism has blinded you to God's truth!

I have read a lot of your preposterous posts, but this one "takes the cake": "The Bible’s [sic] is the Bible by the authority of the church, Christ’s authority given to His apostles!" That is total nonsense; it is preposterous that you don't know the basic facts about the Bible!!!

the New Testament
And the apostles received the word of God from God himself
And approved the Bible in 381

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

----The Father is not only the authority of his word he is its author.

----I agree this was a serious problem with your church that is not founded on the true apostles. It is founded on a mixture of holy and pagan teachings, including the apostle. It dictated what scripture to keep, add, edit, reword and even destroy. Yes destroy! I believe they destroyed original scripture.

-- yes, some of it

-- you are misusing/ misapplying scripture again to make your point that your church is the source and foundation of truth and it is not! This verse applies to the Body or true ekklesia of Christ and not your brick and mortar building and hierarchy that was established in evil works after the world.

-- misapplying scripture again to convince someone that God's household is the RCC.
And yes, your church is said to be founded by Peter. And that's a huge mistake.
Mine is founded by and in Christ, in his Kingdom today.

---Are you then in your founder Peter and his kingdom or Christ? It is an important question.

Status
Not open for further replies.