True forgiveness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus forgave us by sacrificing His life in order to compensate for the offenses we committed against Him. We too must forgive others the way he forgave us in order to accept his forgiveness (Matthew 6:15); because in order to accept his forgiveness we must believe in it by expressing the same type of forgiveness toward others.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
But I don't want to die :(

j/k :p.

I had to learn how to actually forgive, and not attempt to compartmentalize. For years I carried the burden of unforgiveness for one family member (lets call this person "joe schmo") which was fueled by another family member (G.I Jane).

Being really close to Jane, I naturally picked up some of her animosity towards Joe and normalized it. The closer I got to God, the more clearly I saw that this was between Jane and Joe and I didn't want to be in the middle anymore. It really just takes God showing you what's actually important in life, for you to release the petty disagreements and forward march (.. had to do it :lol:) with life.

Besides, to withhold forgiveness is to carry an unnecessary burden in life. I'd rather give mine to God, who knows what to do with them.

Reactions: Lively Stone

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 2¢.
In order to forgive others as Christ forgave us, we must first believe and receive His forgiveness.given freely to us.

Notice the first part 'Christ forgave us' is objective and is true whether we believe it or not.
The 2nd part 'we must first believe and receive' is subjective and is the empty hand of faith receiving (the objective) God's gift of forgiveness.

Reactions: Redeemed86

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
But I don't want to die :(

j/k :p.

I had to learn how to actually forgive, and not attempt to compartmentalize. For years I carried the burden of unforgiveness for one family member (lets call this person "joe schmo") which was fueled by another family member (G.I Jane).

Being really close to Jane, I naturally picked up some of her animosity towards Joe and normalized it. The closer I got to God, the more clearly I saw that this was between Jane and Joe and I didn't want to be in the middle anymore. It really just takes God showing you what's actually important in life, for you to release the petty disagreements and forward march (.. had to do it :lol:) with life.

Besides, to withhold forgiveness is to carry an unnecessary burden in life. I'd rather give mine to God, who knows and unf what to do with them.
There was a huge fire in my building this past August and my best friend did not call me until a month later, and being the devout Christian that I am, I did not answer her call...as far as I was concerned, her call came too late. A long story short, I had to let the bitterness and the unforgiveness go. It's not that she was right, it's that I was wrong.

Reactions: Lively Stone